Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Old 07-11-2016, 04:51   #1036
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by paultrademark View Post
Correct, it's just full of your own self-importance and how VM should pander to you
No, it's full of some individuals trying to derail the thread whilst trying to be clever.

VM should provide good customer service & quality products (or pandering as you call it) to every customer- me included.

Let's move on now please.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ddonald2016 View Post
Look at the wording - starting from £40 -
How one word can change the meaning of something so much

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
£40 is standard installation cost. I guess they need to add the "from" bit for unusual installations.
Let's hope that's what it is.

Last edited by RichardCoulter; 07-11-2016 at 06:51.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2016, 07:38   #1037
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
I wouldn't want to be the VM CEO, I'm getting to that time of life where I'm slowing down. There are probably a lot more relevant reasons than that, such as you've never run a multi-billion pound company with 10s of thousands of employees....

We've gone over this already in another thread Hugh.
Doesn't make it any less true...

I won't put up with a price increase for a poor product, if that makes me "self opinionated"; so be it. That's not what makes you 'self opinionated'...

Who isn't telling the truth and what aren't they telling the truth about?

I'm not sure Dodgem, but thank you anyway, it's been a while since anything was posted that's pertinent to the subject of the V6 box.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 08:06   #1038
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by blue666666 View Post
also there is a activation fee too so it 55 pound all together. if the cost is at 55 pound for a v6 box then i would go for it. the only problem for me is that my 4k tv has netflix and youtube already.hopefully virgin get BT sport 4k.sky sport 4k or some vod content from sky or some other network.
From what I have been able to gleen, the premium Sky UHD channels will be exclusive to Sky's satellite customers for the first year.

We should be getting Amazon as well later this week, and there are other apps coming too, hopefully.

I am disappointed that there is no confirmation of a 2TB box. I really need more recording space!

---------- Post added at 08:06 ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 ----------

Quote:
No, it's full of some individuals trying to derail the thread whilst trying to be clever.
But to be fair, Richard, you have made this thread all about you. We all want to get on and discuss the V6, so let's now concentrate on that, rather than how you say Virgin Media are treating you.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:25   #1039
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
£40 is standard installation cost. I guess they need to add the "from" bit for unusual installations.
I think the £40 will be for the 1tb and more for 2tb then any box cost if they add one on top, I'm sure we find out in 3 weeks

---------- Post added at 09:25 ---------- Previous post was at 09:24 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
From what I have been able to gleen, the premium Sky UHD channels will be exclusive to Sky's satellite customers for the first year.

We should be getting Amazon as well later this week, and there are other apps coming too, hopefully.

I am disappointed that there is no confirmation of a 2TB box. I really need more recording space!

---------- Post added at 08:06 ---------- Previous post was at 08:03 ----------

But to be fair, Richard, you have made this thread all about you. We all want to get on and discuss the V6, so let's now concentrate on that, rather than how you say Virgin Media are treating you.
No need to gang up on Richard, it's a bit childish and he is only talking
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:43   #1040
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:

No need to gang up on Richard, it's a bit childish and he is only talking
I was not ganging up on Richard, simply explaining to him that if he (as the rest of us) want to talk about the V6, his issues regarding the way he has been treated are not relevant to this thread.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 09:56   #1041
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I was not ganging up on Richard, simply explaining to him that if he (as the rest of us) want to talk about the V6, his issues regarding the way he has been treated are not relevant to this thread.
No I get that totally. But to say he is making the thread about him is not right and yes this isn't the correct forum. Could there not be a gripe forum set up

---------- Post added at 09:56 ---------- Previous post was at 09:55 ----------

Quote:

VM should provide good customer service & quality products (or pandering as you call it) to every customer- me included.

Let's move on now please.

How one word can change the meaning of something so much

Let's hope that's what it is.
Easy £40 means £40 from means other charges are possible like more than one box
Old 07-11-2016, 10:02   #1042
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

There also didn't seem to be any mention of an additional monthly cost for the V6 like the Tivo had over the V+ box.

Maybe that will be revealed on the 30th?
Or maybe one of you guys have spotted it already?

Last edited by Ultimate.Conj; 07-11-2016 at 10:13.
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 10:33   #1043
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
There also didn't seem to be any mention of an additional monthly cost for the V6 like the Tivo had over the V+ box.

Maybe that will be revealed on the 30th?
Or maybe one of you guys have spotted it already?
Media boy informed us due to information in august there was a £10 and £15 a month charge for using the box m
Old 07-11-2016, 10:44   #1044
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Media boy informed us due to information in august there was a £10 and £15 a month charge for using the box m
he also said this information was liable to change...which it has so I would wait for further news and the official reveal.
1andrew1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 10:51   #1045
dodgem22
cf.addict

Services: virgin tv phone and broadband giff gaff mobile
dodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about themdodgem22 has a spectacular aura about them

TiVo: The monthly TiVo charge is £5 per TiVo box (on top of your Player TV, Mix TV, Fun TV or Full House TV package’). Content available to view depends on your TV package. TiVo box remains property of Virgin Media.

Taken from page in link from the small print. However that small print does refer to recording 3 shows while watching a forth and still mentions the 500gig tivo so these could be the terms regarding the current Tivo not the v6 so may not be fully updated yet
dodgem22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 11:04   #1046
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
What Sky UHD channels ? There isn't any.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 11:14   #1047
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts

Unless Virgin were to get some 4K content like BT sport or other channels I have no reason to get the new box my TV already has Netflix and Youtube in 4K
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 11:46   #1048
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Unless Virgin were to get some 4K content like BT sport or other channels I have no reason to get the new box my TV already has Netflix and Youtube in 4K

I would like it just for speed and the 6 tuners.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 11:46   #1049
Ultimate.Conj
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Oomph 600mb, XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD, Amazon Prime, Netflix UHD
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
What Sky UHD channels ? There isn't any.
The have the football accessed via the red button in 4K on Sky Sports. The F1 will be the same I imagine for next season. They have 4K movies on demand, but also 30 movies in UHD for those with Sky Cinema

At the time of writing, 30 films are available in UHD to anyone with a Sky Cinema subscription. These are: Amistad, Angels & Demons, Annie, Captive, Chappie, Everest, Forrest Gump, Fury, The Godfather, The Godfather Part II, Groundhog Day, The Guns Of Navarone, Lawrence of Arabia, The Martian, Mission Impossible: Rogue Nation, No Good Deed, The Patriot, Mall Cop 2, Pixels, Project Almanac, Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse, Spectre, Spider-Man 2, Spider-Man 3, The Spongebob Movie, Talladega Nights, Terminator Genisys, Think Like A Man Too, Top Five and The Wedding Ringer

They may not have a dedicated channel, but they have a dedicated service...you are trying to pick things apart when you know what OB means.

Last edited by Ultimate.Conj; 07-11-2016 at 11:53.
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 11:48   #1050
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

I'm not trying to pick anything apart they do not have any UHD channels. A few events a week doesn't make it a channel. You've said it On Demand with several UHD sporting events a week.

Last edited by muppetman11; 07-11-2016 at 11:55.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote