Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1
Closed Thread

Old 19-01-2012, 12:25   #496
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMcB View Post
Any news on Virgin Media getting WWE Network,

WWE network did post on twitter if people would like WWE Network on cable

http://twitter.com/wwenetwork
Never happen,that will be another sky exclusive when it arrives over here.mate of mine as just switched back to sky and he asked them whilst ordering about f1 hd,they told him sky are now keeping future and lastest hd channels exclusive to sky and will not be offering them to vm.How true this is i dont know but i was told something similiar when cancelling my sky several months ago
Advertisement
Old 19-01-2012, 12:38   #497
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Just found this good point on Britain's got Talent and Amreica's got Talent who Virgin Media are sponsoring in 2012.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...7&postcount=33

Point of view is from DS Forum.
Yes lets hope that is the case MB.
Old 19-01-2012, 12:43   #498
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

So they will be a Sky Sports Wrestling HD or Sky Sports WWF HD then!
Old 19-01-2012, 12:54   #499
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Just found this good point on Britain's got Talent and Amreica's got Talent who Virgin Media are sponsoring in 2012.

http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...7&postcount=33

Point of view is from DS Forum.
It's a nice piece of speculation from the poster but I don't agree with the point they are making.

Just because Virgin have agreed a marketing deal with ITV on one of their biggest programmes by no means guarantees, or even suggests that ITV2HD, ITV3HD or ITV4HD are coming soon.

As for it being embarrassing for Virgin.....why? The deal was agreed at a point when the channels where not on the Virgin platform so Virgin fully know what they are doing. I don't know of any company that enter into marketng deals that might potentially embarrass them.
Old 19-01-2012, 13:19   #500
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
It's a nice piece of speculation from the poster but I don't agree with the point they are making.

Just because Virgin have agreed a marketing deal with ITV on one of their biggest programmes by no means guarantees, or even suggests that ITV2HD, ITV3HD or ITV4HD are coming soon.

As for it being embarrassing for Virgin.....why? The deal was agreed at a point when the channels where not on the Virgin platform so Virgin fully know what they are doing. I don't know of any company that enter into marketng deals that might potentially embarrass them.
Still now news about ITV 2/3/4 HD, it been some time now...[COLOR="Silver"]

---------- Post added at 13:19 ---------- Previous post was at 13:04 ----------

Sony Pictures Television to buy Dolphin Broadcasting

Sony Pictures Television (Part of Sony Corp) to Dolphin Broadcasting who own Movies4Men, Movies4Men+1, Movies4Men 2, Movies4Men 2 +1 and Men&Movies

Sonyn Pictures Televison already own Sony Entertainment Television, Sony Entertainment Television+1 and several other channels

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/...hin?CMP=twt_fd
Old 19-01-2012, 13:31   #501
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
Sony Pictures Television to buy Dolphin Broadcasting

Sony Pictures Television (Part of Sony Corp) to Dolphin Broadcasting who own Movies4Men, Movies4Men+1, Movies4Men 2, Movies4Men 2 +1 and Men&Movies

Sonyn Pictures Televison already own Sony Entertainment Television, Sony Entertainment Television+1 and several other channels

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/...hin?CMP=twt_fd
You link not working try this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2012/...n-buys-dolphin
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 19-01-2012, 13:36   #502
windy
Inactive

Services: XL TV/XL BB(60) /PHONE/ M..TIVO/FREEVIEW HD Samsung Galaxy s3
windy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of lightwindy is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
So what does that mean for us the paying customers of virgin media.???
Old 19-01-2012, 13:38   #503
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy View Post
I want to ask that will we be getting the Dolphin Broadcasting channels on Virgin Media (we have already got Sony Entertainment Television)
Old 19-01-2012, 13:42   #504
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy View Post
Maybe Sony will want Men & Movies, Movies 4 Men and Movies 4 Men 2 to get more viewers by going onto Virgin TV.
Old 19-01-2012, 13:43   #505
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Maybe Sony will want Men & Movies, Movies 4 Men and Movies 4 Men 2 to get more viewers by going onto Virgin TV.
I hope you are right!
Old 19-01-2012, 14:15   #506
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

NBC to close Diva TV.

Just seen the following on the ''Virgin Media High Definition & TiVo Services'' blog.

Quote:
Square eyes said...
Just to give you a heads up, Sky are cancelling 3 channels

Diva TV
Current TV
Sky Living (I think he means Sky Living Loves)

dates to be announced

19 January 2012 09:57
http://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blo...91554972269192

(See post 36)

Insiders has just confirmed to me that ''Diva is due to go.''
Old 19-01-2012, 15:04   #507
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
NBC to close Diva TV.

Just seen the following on the ''Virgin Media High Definition & TiVo Services'' blog.

(See post 36)

Seems like Sky are reviewing all the channel offerings on their platform.

---------- Post added at 15:04 ---------- Previous post was at 14:50 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by howardmicks View Post
mate of mine as just switched back to sky and he asked them whilst ordering about f1 hd,they told him sky are now keeping future and lastest hd channels exclusive to sky and will not be offering them to vm.How true this is i dont know but i was told something similiar when cancelling my sky several months ago
With the fall in pay TV subscribers, platforms will want to stand out from the rest.
Old 19-01-2012, 16:07   #508
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
NBC to close Diva TV.

(See post 36)

More info given out by my insiders.

Quote:
No further details have been confirmed (on Diva TV closing date) and nothing has been mentioned about any channel replacement for it (on Virgin Media).
Old 19-01-2012, 17:12   #509
Jameseh

Hopefully Sony are just buying M4M for the EPG slots and the equipment, as the content on there is absolute dross.

Old 19-01-2012, 17:23   #510
Felim_Doyle
cf.geek

Services: Digital TV XL TiVo 500MB, Broadband 100Mb SuperHub, Telephone XXL
Felim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of societyFelim_Doyle is a pillar of society
Send a message via ICQ to Felim_Doyle Send a message via AIM to Felim_Doyle Send a message via MSN to Felim_Doyle Send a message via Yahoo to Felim_Doyle
Thumbs down Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
So why are you on this one as no-one on here knows where we are going
Well I think we all know where you're going! Somewhere warm where the sun don't shine! In other words, from whence you came!
Aylesbury, Buckinghamshire, UK
Closed Thread