Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1
Closed Thread

Old 06-03-2012, 15:21   #1981
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
Any new rumours of channels coming to VM?
Only one I know of is Channel 5 +1 but no launch date has been given to me yet.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Advertisement
Old 06-03-2012, 19:36   #1982
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute

I must admit that this forum has gone quiet this past week or so now that the anger about the price rises has settled down a little so I don't know if people have accepted it or done something about it.

Other posts suggest that the price rise seems to have made a lot of people review their services and either leave altogether or downgrade their services. I'm still sitting on the fence until 1st April as I'm now out of contract and dependant on what VM do or do not announce between now and then, will make my mind up for me.

What I am surprised about is the complete lack of announcements from VM, bearing in mind the price rises come into effect on 1st April and will trigger the cancellation clause in many people's contracts. Unless VM announce something interesting soon, I think they will have another round of cancellations shortly.

I think people are getting fed up of all this "coming soon" from VM. When Sky have something "coming soon" they shout about it and give plenty of advance notice of launch dates, a prime example being Sky Sports F1.

VM launched TiVo to a fanfare but little else seems to get much more than a slight mention on My Virgin Media. This is more than likely because the majority of the recent channel additions are hardly anything to shout about.

So hopefully we'll have something exciting announced soon (maybe around 16th March as the current deals on the VM website end 15th March) or even sooner if Media Boy's contacts give him some juicy titbits.

So come on VM, time to pull your socks up and give your existing customers something to make it worthwhile staying and new customers something to make it worthwhile joining!
Old 06-03-2012, 19:54   #1983
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
No, there is no law AFAIK.
Perhaps they mean the European Directive that says that all satellite boxes must be capable of receiving all FTA broadcasts available??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superblade7 View Post
I must admit that this forum has gone quiet this past week or so now that the anger about the price rises has settled down a little so I don't know if people have accepted it or done something about it.

Other posts suggest that the price rise seems to have made a lot of people review their services and either leave altogether or downgrade their services. I'm still sitting on the fence until 1st April as I'm now out of contract and dependant on what VM do or do not announce between now and then, will make my mind up for me.

What I am surprised about is the complete lack of announcements from VM, bearing in mind the price rises come into effect on 1st April and will trigger the cancellation clause in many people's contracts. Unless VM announce something interesting soon, I think they will have another round of cancellations shortly.

I think people are getting fed up of all this "coming soon" from VM. When Sky have something "coming soon" they shout about it and give plenty of advance notice of launch dates, a prime example being Sky Sports F1.

VM launched TiVo to a fanfare but little else seems to get much more than a slight mention on My Virgin Media. This is more than likely because the majority of the recent channel additions are hardly anything to shout about.

So hopefully we'll have something exciting announced soon (maybe around 16th March as the current deals on the VM website end 15th March) or even sooner if Media Boy's contacts give him some juicy titbits.

So come on VM, time to pull your socks up and give your existing customers something to make it worthwhile staying and new customers something to make it worthwhile joining!
I am doing the same as yourself, though I would never go to Sky (i'd do without TV first!) If I did leave VM it would be for a Freesat or Freeview PVR.
Old 06-03-2012, 20:04   #1984
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superblade7 View Post

I have seen in the last two weeks that the missing HD Channels from ITV may launch on Virgin Media this month - But I was waiting on it being confirm by my insiders.
Old 06-03-2012, 20:05   #1985
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
I have seen in the last two weeks that the missing HD Channels from ITV may launch on Virgin Media this month - But I was waiting on it being confirm by my insiders.
great news lets hope this is true, thanks MB
Old 06-03-2012, 20:12   #1986
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
That would be some good news if it comes to pass MB.
Old 06-03-2012, 20:15   #1987
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
That would be some good news if it comes to pass MB.
Come on great man show more optimism.
Old 06-03-2012, 20:22   #1988
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Well anything can happen on Virgin TV in March (See link)

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34...-post1577.html
Old 06-03-2012, 20:33   #1989
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Well anything can happen on Virgin TV in March (See link)

http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/34...-post1577.html
Exactly MB so now perhaps the doomsayers will have a bit more faith.
Old 06-03-2012, 20:38   #1990
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Exactly MB so now perhaps the doomsayers will have a bit more faith.
Well if we have month like March/April 2010 I am sure we will all be happy.
Old 06-03-2012, 20:40   #1991
Superblade7
cf.geek

Services: Sky Q 2TB & Sky Q Mini (Box Sets with Cinema & Sports HD) with VM VIVID 100Mbps Broadband & M Phone
Superblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond reputeSuperblade7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Perhaps they mean the European Directive that says that all satellite boxes must be capable of receiving all FTA broadcasts available??

I am doing the same as yourself, though I would never go to Sky (i'd do without TV first!) If I did leave VM it would be for a Freesat or Freeview PVR.
I'd rather stay with VM as I love my TiVo and the broadband is obviously better. However, I've priced up a Sky package (Entertainment, HD, unltd broadband at around 15Mb and unltd phone) for £55 a month. With this I'd get all the channels I currently watch (only losing Sky Sports News) plus Sky Atlantic and Sky Sports F1 plus all the HD variants.

My VM package is going to be about £8.50 a month more than the Sky one so over the year I could potentially save about £100 by switching to Sky (or probably a bit less as no doubt their prices will rise in August) whilst getting much more HD and still having a reasonably fast broadband connection.

So dependant on what VM announce and what deals retentions are giving out will make my mind up for me!

Quote:
Let's hope they do MB as that would be a start in something to make me stay!
Old 06-03-2012, 22:00   #1992
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
I hope your insiders are right
Old 06-03-2012, 23:21   #1993
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Are VM showing the same loop on Sky Sports F1 as on satellite (apart from the announcement at the end about virginmedia.com/skysportsf1 obviously!)?
Old 07-03-2012, 00:33   #1994
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Are VM showing the same loop on Sky Sports F1 as on satellite (apart from the announcement at the end about virginmedia.com/skysportsf1 obviously!)?
No Sky are broadcasting an 5 min loop of ''Legends of F1'' - It was broadcasting on Virgin Media for some time on Friday Afternoon.
Old 07-03-2012, 09:52   #1995
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Here is my (hopeless) prediction of what new channels (or at least some of them) we might be getting in March/April 2012:

Alibi HD

Bio HD

Crime & Investigation Network HD

Crime & Investigation Network +1

HISTORY HD

HISTORY +1

ARY Qtv

ARY Oneworld

ARY Entertainment

ARY News

Pick TV +1

Sky 3D