Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | HELP! charges for phone calls not made by me

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Fixed Phone Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

HELP! charges for phone calls not made by me

Old 10-02-2012, 17:01   #16
m419
Inactive

Services: BT Broadband,BT Anytime calls,Sky entertainment extra HD,Vodafone pay monthly
m419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quadsm419 has a fine set of Quads
Re: HELP! charges for phone calls not made by me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
you've got proof of a fault there though, so that should have been quickly sorted out for you?
Yeah it was
m419 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-02-2012, 18:02   #17
Inactive

1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

I've just received a bill from Virgin Media. There are seven calls in the space of five minutes on a day in January 2012. The calls were to six different international mobile numbers and I was charged just under £30. I have looked into this in some detail and these numbers are not recognised, nor were they made from my phone. I Googled the numbers and it turns out that they are random Jamaican mobile phone numbers. Interestingly, when I called Virgin one of their reps told me that another customer had made the exact same complaint several days before and he even recognised the Jamaican mobile numbers. So it seems that someone could be tampering with the phone box on our street or something. Then this rep put me through to another call centre (this time it was a foreign call centre) and she basically told me that I must have made the calls and would have to pay. She even told me that if I believed there was a technical problem I would have to pay for an engineer to come and check Virgin's equipment!!! What a joke. Anyway, by this time I'd had enough so put my foot down and eventually I got the price of the calls reversed. As a consequence I've had to put call barring on my package because I'm scared that a huge bill will be run up next month through no fault of my own. Call barring is £2.05 per month. I'm going to kick up a real fuss about having to pay for this too. If these problems continue I'm just going to leave. I'm glad I'm not the only experiencing problems with Virgin's service/equipment.
1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 18:06   #18
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1212 View Post
I've just received a bill from Virgin Media. There are seven calls in the space of five minutes on a day in January 2012. The calls were to six different international mobile numbers and I was charged just under £30. I have looked into this in some detail and these numbers are not recognised, nor were they made from my phone. I Googled the numbers and it turns out that they are random Jamaican mobile phone numbers. Interestingly, when I called Virgin one of their reps told me that another customer had made the exact same complaint several days before and he even recognised the Jamaican mobile numbers. So it seems that someone could be tampering with the phone box on our street or something. Then this rep put me through to another call centre (this time it was a foreign call centre) and she basically told me that I must have made the calls and would have to pay. She even told me that if I believed there was a technical problem I would have to pay for an engineer to come and check Virgin's equipment!!! What a joke. Anyway, by this time I'd had enough so put my foot down and eventually I got the price of the calls reversed. As a consequence I've had to put call barring on my package because I'm scared that a huge bill will be run up next month through no fault of my own. Call barring is £2.05 per month. I'm going to kick up a real fuss about having to pay for this too. If these problems continue I'm just going to leave. I'm glad I'm not the only experiencing problems with Virgin's service/equipment.
to the forum. Please follow the advice I've given in post #13 of this thread if you get any more of these calls on your bill.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-02-2012, 18:22   #19
Inactive

1212 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Digital fanatic,

I will make those checks if the same thing happens next month, but I will insist that it's at Virgin Media's expense and not mine. I Know for certain that those calls were not made by me from my flat. I do not know or have any connections with anyone in Jamaica. I did not make 7 phonecalls to six different Jamaican mobile phone numbers between 15:29 and 15:34 on a day in January 2012. Phone usage on my account is £1 - £3 per month max. I have never ever made £30 of calls in a given month, let alone in just 5 minutes. The only explanations are:

- There is some kind of crossed line
- There is some kind of problem with Virgin's software
- Virgin's equipment on my road has been tampered with
1212 is offline   Reply With Quote