Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TiVo

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TiVo
Closed Thread

Old 07-02-2011, 18:47   #1741
jtaylor06
Inactive

Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2 Galaxy S 5 on EE
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
Re: TiVo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
it wasn't a very detailed tour of the UI TBH.
Will Tivo enable caching, it seems to be the loading of the discovery bar that causes a slow down. I think this is apparent in US models too.
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2011, 18:48   #1742
indie1982
Inactive

Services: M Phone, XL BB, XL TV and 2 SA V+
indie1982 will become famous soon enoughindie1982 will become famous soon enoughindie1982 will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
it wasn't a very detailed tour of the UI TBH.
Feel free to make your own and upload it for us ;o)
Old 07-02-2011, 18:50   #1743
sminkypinky
Inactive

Services: VIP50, Tivo arrived 18th April.
sminkypinky will become famous soon enoughsminkypinky will become famous soon enoughsminkypinky will become famous soon enough

Having viewed the video a few times, I agree with muppetman11 that it doesn't look slow. TBH I thought the VOD looked a bit quicker than my Samsung V+. I would really like to see more though, especially the go back in time EPG, plus some wish lists being set up, maybe some snippets of TiVo suggestions in action. You lucky people already in possession, over to you!
Old 07-02-2011, 19:10   #1744
jtaylor06
Inactive

Services: 100Mb BB with SuperHub 2 Galaxy S 5 on EE
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze age
jtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze agejtaylor06 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by indie1982 View Post
Feel free to make your own and upload it for us ;o)
Give us a cheeky peek DF
Unless you're on a strict NDA?
Old 07-02-2011, 19:30   #1745
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by sminkypinky View Post
Having viewed the video a few times, I agree with muppetman11 that it doesn't look slow. TBH I thought the VOD looked a bit quicker than my Samsung V+. I would really like to see more though, especially the go back in time EPG, plus some wish lists being set up, maybe some snippets of TiVo suggestions in action. You lucky people already in possession, over to you!
Spot on mate , all this person showed was the functions that the V+ does now , plus the HD guide looked miles more attractive than the current V+ and the apps will grow over time.

---------- Post added at 19:30 ---------- Previous post was at 19:11 ----------

When it suggests programs where are these found ?
Old 07-02-2011, 19:33   #1746
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

In a group called 'TiVo Suggestions'
Old 07-02-2011, 19:35   #1747
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
In a group called 'TiVo Suggestions'
Thanks Ben couldnt see it on that video, the 28 day search sounds good.
Old 07-02-2011, 19:39   #1748
Paulch
Inactive

Paulch is an unknown quantity at this point

Had TiVo for nearly a week now, must admit it is brilliant.

When the 3rd tuner comes online in march it will be outstanding.

It is worth the upgrading without batting an eyelid!

When it is on general release get it! Best feature I like is recording programs from the net.
Old 07-02-2011, 19:42   #1749
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulch View Post
Best feature I like is recording programs from the net.
?? That's not part of TiVo - you can watch YouTube but you can't record it
Old 07-02-2011, 19:43   #1750
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Beat me to it , didn't quite sound right LOL
Old 07-02-2011, 19:56   #1751
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Beat me to it , didn't quite sound right LOL
I think he means remote record via the VM website

---------- Post added at 19:56 ---------- Previous post was at 19:55 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtaylor06 View Post
Give us a cheeky peek DF
Unless you're on a strict NDA?
Ah, if I could I would
Old 07-02-2011, 19:56   #1752
Bofrok
cf.addict

Services: VM TV, Broadband, Phone and Mobile
Bofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really niceBofrok is just really nice

Quote:
Think he meant setting your recordings via the net
Old 07-02-2011, 20:01   #1753
Paulch
Inactive

Hi, soz yes recording via the VM website.

The program can be recorded but haven't found a a way of recording a series via VM site
Old 07-02-2011, 20:02   #1754
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paulch View Post
Hi, soz yes recording via the VM website.

The program can be recorded but haven't found a a way of recording a series via VM site
It's not really designed for that at present. It's more of a 'oops I forgot' type thing
Old 07-02-2011, 20:05   #1755
Paulch
Inactive

If they came out with an iPad or IPhone app, now that would be a leap!
Closed Thread