Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | WRT54GL Router problem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

WRT54GL Router problem

Old 27-08-2007, 16:00   #1
tucker61
Inactive

Services: Vivid200, v6, full house tv pack
tucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nice
WRT54GL Router problem

Hi, cannot connect through router since Friday, Can only connect direct to cable modem, Have reset router numerous times, When router in place i can only see local network.
I am using Vista Premium, Never had this problem before, had router for over 12 months. Any help appreciated.

Thanks
tucker61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-08-2007, 16:04   #2
christopherw
Inactive

Services: Freeview, BBC iPlayer, Be* ADSL2+ (September 2006 - September 2007), VM XL 20Mb (July 2007 onwards)
christopherw has a spectacular aura about themchristopherw has a spectacular aura about themchristopherw has a spectacular aura about themchristopherw has a spectacular aura about them
Re: WRT54GL Router problem

Too vague. Can you access the router's internal IP (192.168.100.1) when connected through the Linksys? If so, then it sounds to me like a MAC issue, your device is being blocked on the WAN. If you can't even see the modem, then there's something else amiss.

Do you have the opportunity to try your Linksys router in somebody else's network? if it works there then there's definitely a local problem at your end. I was going to recommend spoofing the router's MAC but then I realised that I run DD-WRT on my WRT54GL and the stock firmware can't spoof MACs as far as I remember (I never used it on my own 54GL! )
christopherw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-2007, 16:15   #3
janipewter
Inactive

Services: Sky HD Multiroom, VM XL Phone, VM XXL BB
janipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to janipewter

192.168.100.1 will be the CM's internal IP, the router will more likely be 192.168.1.1 or something similar.
janipewter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 16:58   #4
tucker61
Inactive

Services: Vivid200, v6, full house tv pack
tucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nice

Yes, i can access the router on 192.168.1.1, All settings look correct, I have even had to carry out a factory reset.
Cannot try on any other network.
tucker61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 18:16   #5
janipewter
Inactive

Services: Sky HD Multiroom, VM XL Phone, VM XXL BB
janipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nicejanipewter is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to janipewter

After you've connected the modem to the router. Reboot the router, then the modem, then the router again. That's what I had to do, and I have the same router.
janipewter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-08-2007, 18:20   #6
jamiefrost
cf.geek

Services: V+, XL TV and Phone XXL BB
jamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpackjamiefrost has a very nice sixpack

Is the router being assigned a WAN ip address and DNS settings correct.

JJ
jamiefrost is offline   Reply With Quote