Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV price rises

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV price rises

Old 11-03-2012, 11:56   #901
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age
Re: TV price rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Not correct.

Are you seriously suggesting that people would leave a service that is really good and better than Sky in many ways, for the sake of just one channel?

I really want Atlantic, but Sky fail to deliver other, more important things for me.
Well that was the point was it not. Imagine your favorite channel that is a pay tv channel. Now imaginr VM get rid of it. Would you still stay with VM? Most people probably wouldn't.

Sky Atlantic is Sky's equivalent of VM's Tivo. It will have little impact on current customers as both have been around for more than a full contract period so Sky customets probably don't really see Tivo as all that much and VM customers probably don't actually care too much for Atlantic.

Its only on forums where Sky customers seem to think the world cannot live without Atlantic and VM customers think you can no longer watch tv without Tivo are these irrelevant things relevant. The rest of the world couldn't care less.
LexDiamond is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2012, 19:35   #902
Wild Oscar
cf.addict

Wild Oscar is on a distinguished roadWild Oscar is on a distinguished road

I struggle to find anything worth watching these days ...
Wild Oscar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 19:39   #903
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexDiamond View Post
Well that was the point was it not. Imagine your favorite channel that is a pay tv channel. Now imaginr VM get rid of it. Would you still stay with VM? Most people probably wouldn't.

Sky Atlantic is Sky's equivalent of VM's Tivo. It will have little impact on current customers as both have been around for more than a full contract period so Sky customets probably don't really see Tivo as all that much and VM customers probably don't actually care too much for Atlantic.

Its only on forums where Sky customers seem to think the world cannot live without Atlantic and VM customers think you can no longer watch tv without Tivo are these irrelevant things relevant. The rest of the world couldn't care less.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 20:13   #904
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Today my wife was going through all the channels on VM (the same as Sky) and said to me, ' all this money we pay out for channels and most of them are crap' and l just laughed and for once l totally agree with her.

We all moan that certain channels that customers want ie Atlantic etc, is there for Sky, yet l have never watched it. Premier Sports (or Setanta) is on Sky but not VM l would love to see that channel - so the viewer wants and wants, But as VM Say's 'we are in talks'
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 20:20   #905
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Today my wife was going through all the channels on VM (the same as Sky) and said to me, ' all this money we pay out for channels and most of them are crap' and l just laughed and for once l totally agree with her.

We all moan that certain channels that customers want ie Atlantic etc, is there for Sky, yet l have never watched it. Premier Sports (or Setanta) is on Sky but not VM l would love to see that channel - so the viewer wants and wants, But as VM Say's 'we are in talks'
l think you will find that in some cases the fault usually lies with the provider of channels as in many cases they are simply asking too much in carriage fees and in Skys case some HD channel variants are simply being with-held for their own selfish reasons.
Old 11-03-2012, 20:55   #906
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Oscar View Post
I struggle to find anything worth watching these days ...
1. Then why are you wasting your money on a VM sub?
2. You think there'll be any more to watch on Sky?

carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 21:20   #907
Wild Oscar
cf.addict

I'm not!
I get the minimum TV service free with the phone line , but I hardly ever use it!
I f I watch anything I use the freeview tuner in my DVD/HD recorder .. the rugby that was on this afternoon for example.
I also have the 50Mb broadband and get a bundle discount for having all 3 services.
Old 11-03-2012, 21:49   #908
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

A problem here is that some customers of VM and Sky are paying too much money for what they get.

I am to blame also as l pay a staggering £75.00 for VM each month, that inc tv ,bb and phone. for XL, on Sky l pay £80.00 per mth, but only get Tv, but get the whole lot. If l stopped and went Freeview, l would not get the football.

So l cannot complain, BUT l can complain that if these companies stopped giving away freebee's to NEW customers, then l think it would stop. As an existing customer l cannot get the same deals as new customers. ie my mother in law can get BB for half price, whereas l pay the full price and VM say l cannot change it.

I have been told that we have to pay the top price for Tv bb and phone to cover the cost - unless someone knows different, we also know of someone who can get the SAME package as us,- £15.00 cheaper
Old 11-03-2012, 21:52   #909
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

£155 per month for TV/Telephone/BB - heavens above!
Old 11-03-2012, 22:02   #910
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

If l could get VM cheaper then l would go with VM, but VM have told me that they cannot reduce my cost, yet what annoys me that l hear on this forum, that they can get the same package cheaper.

An yet, yet VM offer cheap deals for everyone else, but for existing customers they cannot get the deals.
Old 11-03-2012, 22:10   #911
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Why do you have both Sky & VM?
Old 11-03-2012, 22:28   #912
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Hugh, I have Sky as it gives me the full package, l joined VM to get the phone line and BB. I also get free ESPN for the football.

Now with the financial problems going on now, l have to get rid of one of them, I cannot afford both, Sky will not reduce the cost, and we have asked VM and they have said as established customers we cannot change the deal. This is what annoys us that other customers and new customers are getting better deals than us.

For example we are paying £25.00 for BB, and new customers are getting it for £11.99 and VM won't change it
Old 11-03-2012, 22:32   #913
tridens

Services: Sky TV HD

Why pay for sky and vigin services £150 together you can only watch one at a time more money than sense?
Old 11-03-2012, 22:55   #914
carlwaring
Permanently Banned

Services: XL TV, XL Phone, 30mb BB, 1TB Tivo
carlwaring has reached the bronze age
carlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze agecarlwaring has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Oscar View Post
I'm not!
Fair enough. My mistake
carlwaring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 23:10   #915
Wild Oscar
cf.addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
I cannot afford both, Sky will not reduce the cost, and we have asked VM and they have said as established customers we cannot change the deal.
Hey Arthur!, as all VM prices are going up , I believe you can cancel whenever you like ...