Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | TV price rises

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

TV price rises

Old 05-02-2012, 17:03   #301
James79
Inactive

Services: VIP Pack including (V+ HD & VHD Box), Sky Sports & Movies, Up to 152Mb. 1 Additional VHD Box
James79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to James79
Re: TV price rises

Quote:
Originally Posted by tridens View Post
Hi i found this about the price increase

https://my.virginmedia.com/customer-...uspart=DMail_3
I'd had a look at this shortly after the notification letter arrived. Fact is, nowhere on the web page does it detail any aspect of the price increase - just has information on changes to the telephone service.

Would hae been an awful lot better if VM had given this 2 minutes thought and made a list of the changes to the different packages and services.
James79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-02-2012, 17:09   #302
tridens

Services: Sky TV HD

If you phone retentions they will tell you the price increase they told me for my package i agree it should be displayed on the main web site easy to find but you won't find it its like looking for a needle in the hay stack you have to spend time googling or look on the forums what they got to hide
Old 05-02-2012, 17:12   #303
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Perhaps DF or one of the other Virgin staff can provide us with a detailed list of all the price rises.
Old 05-02-2012, 18:11   #304
James79
Inactive

Services: VIP Pack including (V+ HD & VHD Box), Sky Sports & Movies, Up to 152Mb. 1 Additional VHD Box
James79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of lightJames79 is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via MSN to James79

MediaBoy has a blog with details of the TV package increases. I understand his sources work within VM. Wonder if they would give him details of the other price increases.
James79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 18:14   #305
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by James79 View Post
MediaBoy has a blog with details of the TV package increases. I understand his sources work within VM. Wonder if they would give him details of the other price increases.
l am sure he will post a full detailed list sooner rather then later James.
Old 05-02-2012, 19:25   #306
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

Too many variables I got told by a VM CS manager...
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 19:36   #307
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Then he or she should not be doing the job if they can't explain fully to the customers where they stand on the planned price rises in April.
Old 05-02-2012, 19:41   #308
paultrademark
Inactive

Services: 70MB BB
paultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful onepaultrademark is the helpful one

He explained mine fine, but too many different increases depending on package you have... might be a document on it but none of it relevant to me apart from my increases
paultrademark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 19:45   #309
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Then he or she should not be doing the job if they can't explain fully to the customers where they stand on the planned price rises in April.
I agree. There's various changes coming soon to TV and broadband pricing, not to mention a few tweaks to phone costs. People who are currently out of contract, or will be soon, are considering their options before the changes come into effect. People need information to help them made an informed decision and should be able to ask their provider up front and expect a clear and concise breakdown.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 21:35   #310
andrewstevenson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
SKY and BT Vision keep on adding new TV customers yet Virgin, with their TiVo box, just seem to have plateaued. It would appear TV customers are looking for the widest selection of content or really good value when choosing their TV provider at the moment

Looks like Virgin need to up their game as their TV uptake has been stagnant for almost 12 months now. With YouView launching in the next few months with their own free 7 catch-up service for terrestrial TV, apps for the likes of Lovefilm and TV on demand content the market is only going to get tougher. By all intents and purposes, YouViews box will be able to do about 80% of what TiVo does without any monthly fee.

Virgin need to deliver all missing non-SKY HD channels, more linear channels and more exclusive on demand content if they want to continue their growth in 2012 - 2013.

what do you expect VM to do when sky are with holding the channels as proven by lack of sky sports 3+4HD and F1 HD and atlantic not VM fault sky are with holding channels
I agree but what about the non sky channels, the many many he channels, with a price increase and nothing new on the books no excuse
Old 05-02-2012, 22:58   #311
shibby
Inactive

shibby is an unknown quantity at this point

Currently its very tempting just to downgrade the TV package.

We don't watch the movie package and its now tempting to get rid of the sports package as well, and reduce down from XL.
I watch the sports channels for the football(So fed up and disillusioned with the costs of the game and how clubs are now going against the wall, I'm a Portsmouth fan) and the odd rugby match, but with price increases and bitter experience in the past just trying to upgrade our boxes, oh and that while its nice to double the speed of my broadband, but the price rise as well? thanks for letting me have a choice!

I don't even get HD from Virgin, despite theoretical paying for it since its in the package. They missed out on selling me V+ or Tivo because they could not spell out the costs of activation, installation and any package cost increases, everytime this was asked I kept getting different figures.
I may miss out on the F1, but at least that's £40 saved, if a downgrade were to happen. Times are tough, saving money is good and being a loyal customer since the days of Nynex and having a bill near on £90 a month means nothing to Virgin.
shibby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 08:15   #312
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Cancel Sky Sports and use the money to attend one Pompey home match a month.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 09:56   #313
ryan2801
Inactive

ryan2801 is an unknown quantity at this point

Just bought a Freesat PVR Box and very nice it is too. VM truly go from bad to worse. Woeful customer service, a bug ridden beta box AKA Tivo which we have to pay £3 extra for and now a lovely new price hike. (Although the price hike meant an escape clause for me so ta very much)
ryan2801 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:52   #314
ultimate
cf.geek

Services: 200Mb,TV FH V6 and Phone
ultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the roughultimate is a jewel in the rough

I simply do not want to pay any more to VM, I am moving from XL to L, may be M+ since I watch Freeview and Freesat quite a bit.
ultimate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2012, 10:57   #315
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultimate View Post
I simply do not want to pay any more to VM, I am moving from XL to L, may be M+ since I watch Freeview and Freesat quite a bit.
Yes we all have a vote and if people are unhappy with the coming price rises then they are fully entitled to downgrade their package or move to another provider but also a word of warning to customers and that is the grass is not always greener on the other side as some customers have found out to their cost.