Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 15-04-2015, 10:54   #1591
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
I've a feeling one or two services in the player section may receive more features

But what does that mean for existing 4K TV customers ?
Movie purchasing comes to Sky Store

Link
Advertisement
Old 15-04-2015, 11:49   #1592
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnathome View Post
So i've just bought a Fire Tv (i was waiting for the price to drop), i understand i could sideload NowTV onto it but i need a mouse connected to set it up, do i also need a mouse for normal operation? i.e. all the time i want to use it?

Also how much faffing about is there to load XBMC onto it and do i need a mouse to use that as well?

TIA
First of all on your fire tv you'll need to turn on debugging so go into settings - developer options turn all on except for usb debugging.
Dowload agk to fire to your phone (android) from here http://www.amazon.co.uk/Gopi-Adusumi...1&keywords=agk (make sure you have the amazon app store on your phone), go into settings on your fire tv, click on about then network make a note of your fire tvs ip.
Enter your fire tv ip into agk for fire. Then you just downlowd nowtv, kodi etc to your phone once installed open agk click on send to (firetv ip for example if your fire tv ip was 123.456.7.8 you'd see send to 123.456.7.8) it will send and install the app to your fire tv.
A wireless mouse can be used just plug the dongle into the fire tv usb port.
I find a cheap acer wireless mouse and keyboard works great on my fire tv to use now tv and most sideloaded apps you will need the keyboard and mouse connected to your fire tv a lot of people recommend this http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-2-4G-W...item3cf1c2f048
xbomc or kodi as it's called now is very easy to sideload just do it via the agk app.
If you don't have a android phone you can download the android app apk files to your pc and use a fat32 formatted usb stick to install the apps onto your fire tv instead you would have to search for the apk files though which can be time consuming.
Below are a list of android apps i have sideloaded and tested that work
Skygo
nowtv
tvcatchup
fios verizon mobile (usa login needed)
xfinity tv2go (usa login needed)
direct tv (usa login needed)
appotide (app store worth getting)
dropbox
es file explorer
itv player
Bt sports
NBC live extra (usa login required)
filmon
mobdro
showbox
hd cinema

please note the last 3 can nly be got from appotide for obvious reasons lol.
Old 15-04-2015, 12:21   #1593
johnathome
cf.geek

Services: 125Mb VM BB. Prime, XBMC. Paramount+, Netflix, D+
johnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to alljohnathome is a name known to all

I wont quote the post but thanks a lot, i'll have a go this weekend.

I bought a wireless mouse and keyboard for my samsung TV but appear to have mislaid the dongle! Could i use a standard USB mouse or won't it recognise it as there wouldn't be any drivers?

I have the last 3 apps on my phone so i'll look forward to having them on there. At the minute the firetv is upstairs in the bedroom but i think it'll get upgraded to the main TV.

I installed XBMC on my laptop but i'm having some problems finding my way around it, it seems to be luck when i finally find channels that i've installed on it.

I'm sure i'll be back for some help when i actually install it all.

Thanks again
Old 15-04-2015, 13:39   #1594
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I wont quote the post but thanks a lot, i'll have a go this weekend.

I bought a wireless mouse and keyboard for my samsung TV but appear to have mislaid the dongle! Could i use a standard USB mouse or won't it recognise it as there wouldn't be any drivers?

I have the last 3 apps on my phone so i'll look forward to having them on there. At the minute the firetv is upstairs in the bedroom but i think it'll get upgraded to the main TV.

I installed XBMC on my laptop but i'm having some problems finding my way around it, it seems to be luck when i finally find channels that i've installed on it.

I'm sure i'll be back for some help when i actually install it all.

Thanks again
I can't discuss xbmc addons here but all i'll say is look for metalkettle repo and install that there is a good guide to addons here https://seo-michael.co.uk/tag/xbmc/ you will also find lots of help and advice.
A usb mouse will work on firetv yes as most usb mice are just plug and play my cheap £2.99 one of ebay works on mine.
Old 15-04-2015, 13:52   #1595
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
So i've just bought a Fire Tv (i was waiting for the price to drop), i understand i could sideload NowTV onto it

From what I've read, the version of Now TV that you can side-load on to Amazon fire is low resolution (smart phone version). You're better off getting a ten quid Now TV box, which gives you 720p
Old 15-04-2015, 20:05   #1596
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Planet Earth team head to Netflix for epic new series Our Planet

Link
Old 15-04-2015, 20:07   #1597
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

With their track record it should be a excellent series.
Old 15-04-2015, 22:12   #1598
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Planet Earth team head to Netflix for epic new series Our Planet

Link
Cheers MM, that is great news. It will be a long 4 years waiting for this.
Old 20-04-2015, 19:19   #1599
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

HBO crack down on non-US subscribers to HBO-Now

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2015/04/hbo...e-u-s/?utm_sou
Old 20-04-2015, 19:42   #1600
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassiekev View Post
HBO crack down on non-US subscribers to HBO-Now

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2015/04/hbo...e-u-s/?utm_sou
So people wanting to pay for their product get blocked hmmm i wonder why piracy is so high.
Old 20-04-2015, 20:19   #1601
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
So people wanting to pay for their product get blocked hmmm i wonder why piracy is so high.
I suppose that this action is because of HBO's exclusive content agreements in various countries. It will be interesting to see what happens after 2020, particularly if Netflix offers global subscriptions. Netflix now has 60m subscribers and growing quickly - HBO won't be able to ignore that.
Old 20-04-2015, 20:46   #1602
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassiekev View Post
I suppose that this action is because of HBO's exclusive content agreements in various countries. It will be interesting to see what happens after 2020, particularly if Netflix offers global subscriptions. Netflix now has 60m subscribers and growing quickly - HBO won't be able to ignore that.
There will always be a work around
Old 21-04-2015, 12:17   #1603
vincerooney
cf.mega poster

Services: XL TV XL Phone XL 100MB broadband TiVo Cat
vincerooney has reached the bronze age
vincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze agevincerooney has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
how will they know youre using a vpn?? surely thats the point in using one as youre hiding your location..?? or am i missing something here?
Old 21-04-2015, 12:28   #1604
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
how will they know youre using a vpn?? surely thats the point in using one as youre hiding your location..?? or am i missing something here?
I've never used one, but I must confess I am surprised that they have taken so long to address this. Surely they must know who you are from your login details, and from this they know your location, don't they?

I'm sure that the solution can't be as complicated as some would imagine.

I think the days of logging into systems through different countries and the piracy that has been going on for years are numbered.
Old 21-04-2015, 12:52   #1605
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincerooney View Post
I think it's smart dns users getting caught out as all smart dns does is spoofs your location, your ip is still visible.
A vpn hides both your location and your ip.
I use a vpn and smart dns combo myself only costs £4.70p/m and always get speeds of 21.9mbs from my vpn which is good as my actual speed is 37.6mbs anyway lol.
Using smart dns i get my full speed.
Regarding HBO from what i'm gathering they seem to be catching people out by their credit card registered address. I always recommend using entropay which is a virtual credit card that you can set up for various locations for example you want HULU+ you set your entro settings to usa this will give you a USA address linked to your virtual card.
Closed Thread