Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | DVDs & Blu-ray Discs you Lust after ..

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > General Entertainment
Register FAQ Community Calendar

DVDs & Blu-ray Discs you Lust after ..

Old 21-02-2007, 00:51   #106
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: DVD's you Lust after ..

Yep, hopefully Lost Tales will be good. Straight to DVD?

I worked my through the box last year. TV movies, & seasons 1-4. Started on season 5, but got bored (& IIRC not much really happens anyway). Haven't got round to watching the Crusade DVDs yet though.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 21-02-2007, 01:03   #107
Delta Whiskey
Inactive

Services: 10Mb BB, DTV & Phone
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny star
Delta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny starDelta Whiskey has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Yep, hopefully Lost Tales will be good. Straight to DVD?

I worked my through the box last year. TV movies, & seasons 1-4. Started on season 5, but got bored (& IIRC not much really happens anyway). Haven't got round to watching the Crusade DVDs yet though.

I believe Lost Tales might get picked up by one of the US networks. It's only two episodes so far, I guess DVD sales will decide if more are made.

I had a marathon session of B5, watched all 41 DVD's in a month. Crusade was fine, they should have given it another series at least. The Legend of the Rangers was OK too.

DW
Delta Whiskey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-05-2007, 00:38   #108
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

More HD DVDs...

The Frighteners - Director's Cut

Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines

John Carpenter's "The Thing"

On pre-order, due at the end of May...

Brotherhood of the Wolf

Terminator 2: Judgment Day

I'm tempted by the Matrix Trilogy box set too....
Old 25-05-2007, 12:02   #109
tweetypie/8
Permanently Banned

Services: vmxl virgin vmbb virgin mobile
tweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful onetweetypie/8 is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by sir_drinks_alot View Post
i Thought it would be good to have a dvd thread so People could discuss the latest dvd's or just talk about ones you own

today i picked up a copy of the very good world at war for only £85.99 there are no words in the Dictionary for how moveing this show is
i have band of brothers and life on mars,hard to beat plus kill bill vol1@2 brilliant
tweetypie/8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 20:38   #110
Miss C
Inactive

Miss C has a spectacular aura about themMiss C has a spectacular aura about themMiss C has a spectacular aura about themMiss C has a spectacular aura about them

[sings]I got my Kidnapped DVD yesterday. I got my Kidnapped DVD yesterday.[/sings]

And it plays my DVD player, which isn't even supposed to be a multiregion player, so I don't have to buy a new one.
Miss C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 01:14   #111
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Quote:
On pre-order, due at the end of May...

Brotherhood of the Wolf

Terminator 2: Judgment Day

Got 'em

And T2 is the Director's Cut

@ Miss C -

Kidnapped DVDs?!

Didn't realise they were bringing that out on DVD. I'll have to have a look
Old 09-06-2007, 01:53   #112
multiskilled
cf.geek

Services: Player tv , V6, phone l, bb 100Meg.
multiskilled has reached the bronze age
multiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze agemultiskilled has reached the bronze age

The dvd I lusted after was a box set called "The strange world of northern soul" my lovely daughter bought it for me last Christmas.
Great songs, great memories. Guess I'm showing my age now.
Old 09-06-2007, 09:16   #113
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!
Re: the dvd thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ B View Post
I'm hoping to get the 9 disc special edition of the Aliens Quadrilogy
Is that the one in the green case?

Have you seen the Alien Japanese release?

Link
Old 09-06-2007, 16:50   #114
Miss C
Inactive

Miss C has a spectacular aura about themMiss C has a spectacular aura about themMiss C has a spectacular aura about themMiss C has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Kidnapped DVDs?!

Didn't realise they were bringing that out on DVD. I'll have to have a look
I got it through a US seller on Amazon Marketplace for £22.50 including £1.24 delivery. Took about a week and half to arrive, very pleased with seller. (DVDLegacy in case you want to order from them.)
Miss C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2007, 17:19   #115
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: the dvd thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsainsbury View Post
Is that the one in the green case?

Have you seen the Alien Japanese release?

Link
That Alien Head boxset was on sale in the UK a year or so ago when the Quadriligy was realeased.
Old 09-06-2007, 17:55   #116
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

I saw that in HMV
Old 22-06-2007, 21:10   #117
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

The Ultimate Matrix Collection - HD DVD
Old 22-06-2007, 21:57   #118
Woolly One
Inactive

Services: 20mb bb - XL TV
Woolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of QuadsWoolly One has a fine set of Quads

Hollywood. Narrated by James mason - 13 part series. circa 1980. Anyone know where I can get the entire series Please let me know

Have found parts on amazon but I am looking for it all
Woolly One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-2007, 07:11   #119
TracerTong
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media TV, Telephone, 10mb BB
TracerTong is an unknown quantity at this point

Fixing the Shadow w/ Charlie Sheen (probably his best movie)
Without Warning - an Orson Wells halloween hoax like 'as it happens documentary' about a asteroid hit on Earth.
TracerTong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-2007, 12:55   #120
sir_drinks_alot
Inactive

Services: WNYC
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age
sir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze agesir_drinks_alot has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by TracerTong View Post
Without Warning - an Orson Wells halloween hoax like 'as it happens documentary' about a asteroid hit on Earth.
Wow i've been trying to find that on dvd where did you get it tracer
sir_drinks_alot is offline   Reply With Quote