Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sorry another novice

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Sorry another novice

Old 28-01-2009, 23:31   #1
RozT
Inactive

RozT is an unknown quantity at this point
Sorry another novice

I have a Belkin N1 router & Belkin USB adapter & Ambit Cable Modem , Connection XXlL Broadband

Since Christmas when I bought myself the Belkin one son received a Notebook and another an XBox. I have had trouble with wireless connection. (Both sons connect to the internet with no problems at all) I have read various posts and applied the information I could understand. Now have excellent signal strength connection 130 mbps but can't access the web.

Now I get the "Internet explorer cannont display this page message."

When I run the diagnostic tool I get the message: "The wireless network key on this computer does not match the settings on the wireless router or access point."

I have checked the key at the Belkin Status site retyped the key in my Wireless Network Properties." So is it the access point the modem?

Could this have something to do with the Ambit modem all I know about that is Virgin replaced my old modem with the Ambit about 6mnths ago when I received it I rang them they did what they do and I was online.

Thought I would only have to read all the other posts and solve the problem sorry to have to trouble you experts out there yet again!

I have limited computer knowledge I know about the control panel, view network connections, and where the IPS information is and that is about it.

If you can help go easy on me don't expect me to understand any letters and abbreviations you may use.

Hope you can help this Mum who wishes Santa hadn't come this year, life was much more straightforward before Santa dished out the gifts to her sons.

Thanks
Roz
RozT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 29-01-2009, 00:04   #2
Kymmy
Inactive

Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Kymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny starsKymmy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Sorry another novice

Nothing to do with the AMBIT modem (as your sons can connect OK) but instead a networking issue so have moved the thread to the NETWORKING forum where it might get a better response
Kymmy is offline   Reply With Quote