Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !
Closed Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 20:09   #2146
RizzyKing

Re: Brexit: Article 50 Has Been Triggered !

But you do tend to only put up the negative side Andrew and ignore the positive so you can hardly be surprised that you attract the odd accusation.

Advertisement
Old 05-07-2017, 20:39   #2147
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
But you do tend to only put up the negative side Andrew and ignore the positive so you can hardly be surprised that you attract the odd accusation.
I've posted positive news in the past but a poll of people is neither good news nor bad news, it's a poll but people still feel that's negative.
My posts represent the situation at the moment. There is currently a story in The Standard at the moment blaming future train price hikes on Brexit. That's accurate of course but we all know that inflation has come from the Pound's post-Brexit vote devaluation so as it does not add to our learnings I've not posted it. If I wanted to make a point I would have done.
Old 05-07-2017, 22:31   #2148
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
As someone on this forums says, "Links posted from news sources are not necessarily my opinion. I don't have the time or the crayons to keep explaining this."
except the links are mirroring your opinion over and over every day ,it must be hard work trawling the bowels of the media to find this negative repetitive remoaner drivel ,but no hard feelings i know it's all the losing side have left after the country voted out ,your just going through the stages of the grieving process i'm sure you'll work your way through it and if being a negative nelly helps then go for it no leave voter cares
Old 05-07-2017, 22:45   #2149
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
except the links are mirroring your opinion over and over every day ,it must be hard work trawling the bowels of the media to find this negative repetitive remoaner drivel ,but no hard feelings i know it's all the losing side have left after the country voted out ,your just going through the stages of the grieving process i'm sure you'll work your way through it and if being a negative nelly helps then go for it no leave voter cares
As I've explained, the articles I've posted represent developments in the ongoing Brexit saga. They don't represent my opinions and like your good self, I don't have the time or crayons to state this all the time.
In fact, quite how reporting that the guy who came up with the bus slogan is having second thoughts reflects my opinion when I'm not having second thoughts is particularly intriguing. Maybe I AM having second thoughts but keeping it quiet!
Old 06-07-2017, 00:25   #2150
RizzyKing

Brexit has become the easy goto excuse for increasing prices in many areas and it's all driven by nothing because nothing has actually happened yet and won't for nearly two years but the amount of people in this country happy to downplay the UK has surprised me. I never realised how many people were so scared of change that any change sends them into near panic, what's not a surprise is the number of scumbags cashing in on it those lowlifes are a constant it seems. I can just about believe that the future will be bright for the UK out of the EU and unless it drastically changes there will not be an EU in ten years time. But as is always the case the biggest enemies to any country are those within it's border's undermining that country and we have no shortage.

Old 06-07-2017, 11:39   #2151
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Brexit has become the easy goto excuse for increasing prices in many areas
The drop in the value of the pound unquestionably drives up the relative cost of imports. If a product costs $100 and the pound has dropped 15% against the dollar then it's going to cost 15% more to buy it.

Anyway the EU has agreed a trade deal with Japan: http://www.politico.eu/article/eu-an...ade-agreement/

Taken 4 years and likely one or two more. Big deal seems to be EU access to food markets and a drop in tariffs on Japanese cars. But it's a reminder that there is no such thing as a single 'trade deal', it's a collection of regulations, laws and agreements bundled together.

Last edited by Damien; 06-07-2017 at 11:44.
Old 06-07-2017, 13:11   #2152
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The drop in the value of the pound unquestionably drives up the relative cost of imports. If a product costs $100 and the pound has dropped 15% against the dollar then it's going to cost 15% more to buy it.

Anyway the EU has agreed a trade deal with Japan: http://www.politico.eu/article/eu-an...ade-agreement/

Taken 4 years and likely one or two more. Big deal seems to be EU access to food markets and a drop in tariffs on Japanese cars. But it's a reminder that there is no such thing as a single 'trade deal', it's a collection of regulations, laws and agreements bundled together.
I bet the trade deal with Japan doesn't include the free movement of people .
Old 06-07-2017, 13:26   #2153
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
I bet the trade deal with Japan doesn't include the free movement of people .
No but then I've never claimed a trade deal is analogous to the single market because the former is significantly more restrictive.
Old 06-07-2017, 13:27   #2154
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

is there a big market for radio active produce ?
Old 06-07-2017, 13:31   #2155
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
No but then I've never claimed a trade deal is analogous to the single market because the former is significantly more restrictive.
Never said you did?

Quote:
Well, at least it'll be cooked.
Old 06-07-2017, 13:45   #2156
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
We (well the French and the Chinese) are building a nuclear power plant.
Old 06-07-2017, 13:45   #2157
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
Never said you did?

Well, at least it'll be cooked.
i've herd of food having a shelf life but never a half-life
Old 06-07-2017, 13:49   #2158
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze

Quote:
I've heard it radiates goodness.
Old 06-07-2017, 13:51   #2159
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Quote:
The new, EU food safety label:

Old 06-07-2017, 13:57   #2160
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
I've heard it radiates goodness.
it has glowing reports