Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | One of a thousand

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

One of a thousand

Old 10-02-2011, 13:56   #391
Big-Ted
Inactive

Big-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud of
Re: One of a thousand

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJSmyth View Post
Indeed you are! Lets hope that more of us become a VIP in the eyes of VM and are also offered a Tivo.

Soon we'll all have it and the forum will go quiet, the moaning will cease!

Don't be silly, well be moaning 100meg not here yet, 200meg not here yet etc

Not HD channels, too much HD to record and on 1 tB in the box

VOD for many reasons

Price rise

etc etc etc

We will alwys find something

Big-Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 10-02-2011, 14:03   #392
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Ted View Post
Don't be silly, well be moaning 100meg not here yet, 200meg not here yet etc

Not HD channels, too much HD to record and on 1 tB in the box

VOD for many reasons

Price rise

etc etc etc

We will alwys find something

Perhaps you're right! For now though it'll be Tivo that we're moaning about!
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 15:23   #393
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

It's gone very quiet round here. Not many getting the phone call today?
fixerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 16:08   #394
vanman
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky
vanman has reached the bronze age
vanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by fixerman View Post
It's gone very quiet round here. Not many getting the phone call today?
not all the 1000 are cf members
vanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 16:16   #395
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman View Post
not all the 1000 are cf members
Are you sure.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 17:12   #396
dajone
Inactive

Services: TiVo - VIP120
dajone will become famous soon enoughdajone will become famous soon enoughdajone will become famous soon enough

Missed my call yesterday at 4pm thought they would phone later as stated evening was better time for me,still rest of tonight to go
dajone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 17:35   #397
mikcoles
Inactive

Services: VirginMedia Premier collection.
mikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nicemikcoles is just really nice

Yes still waiting for mine, said evening and have not any missed calls on answer machine.
Getting a bit worried as I fly on holiday for a week Sunday so hope the call comes before then.
mikcoles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 17:48   #398
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

getting my tivo in the morning yippeeeeeeeeeeeee cant wait
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 17:50   #399
Big-Ted
Inactive

Big-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud of

What I want to know is do you get a second remote when the box is installed....

Otherwise continued use will wear your name off it......

Will they replace it if that happens
Big-Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 17:52   #400
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by dajone View Post
Missed my call yesterday at 4pm thought they would phone later as stated evening was better time for me,still rest of tonight to go
Considering that you won't get a TIVO unless you're on the list, I don't understand why they don't a leave message with a number to call back on. That way, VM aren't waisting time re-calling and the customer isn't hanging around waiting for the call.

Anyone know why they don't?
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 17:53   #401
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave42 View Post
getting my tivo in the morning yippeeeeeeeeeeeee cant wait
Hope u enjoy it mate , let us know your feedback.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 17:55   #402
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Ted View Post

What I want to know is do you get a second remote when the box is installed....

Otherwise continued use will wear your name off it......

Will they replace it if that happens
One remote per box and no spare unless you pay for one.

Name wearing off is wear and tear.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 18:00   #403
fatassmichael
Inactive

Services: Vip 50 with Tivo
fatassmichael is just really nicefatassmichael is just really nicefatassmichael is just really nicefatassmichael is just really nicefatassmichael is just really nicefatassmichael is just really nice

well HDNL tried to deliver me something today, i wasn't in to accept it and the next delivery time is monday, i havent ordered anything from anywhere and i'm hoping its a tivo remote! i can only hope! hahahaha.
fatassmichael is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 18:10   #404
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Hope u enjoy it mate , let us know your feedback.
will do muppet
Dave42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 18:35   #405
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
I don't understand why they don't a leave message with a number to call back on. That way, VM aren't waisting time re-calling and the customer isn't hanging around waiting for the call.

Anyone know why they don't?
Because that would mean VM hanging around waiting for the call, or lots of queuing for you.

Think about it. There are many times more customers to call than there are staff calling. By only doing outbound calls, those staff and their phone lines are utilised 100%, and nobody queues.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote