Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | One of a thousand

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

One of a thousand

Old 09-02-2011, 13:44   #346
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: One of a thousand

Think it was a hint of sarcasm m8 LOL :-)
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2011, 13:45   #347
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold

It wasn't! Quite amusing after the second read to make sure the poster wasn’t serious or just nuts!

Still waiting for my call, registed on the 1st day the web site was available. I am working from home today so VM please call!
Perfect Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 13:49   #348
clinteastman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media XL TV, XXL Broadband, L Phone, TiVo, V+
clinteastman has reached the bronze age
clinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze ageclinteastman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJSmyth View Post
This can't be a serious post surely??
No he's not, and don't call me Surely.
clinteastman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 13:52   #349
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

I'm kinda hoping that I'm not getting a call because they have included us in the next 1000 lucky folk who get it free. I'm sure we'll all find out soon enough.
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 14:02   #350
Big-Ted
Inactive

Big-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJSmyth View Post
I'm kinda hoping that I'm not getting a call because they have included us in the next 1000 lucky folk who get it free. I'm sure we'll all find out soon enough.

No one has said the next 1000 get it free just they will get a special offer.

Might just be free install an no moment charge or similar.
Big-Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 14:07   #351
PhlangePhace
Inactive

Services: VM TiVo: XXL/XL/XL, Freesat+HD, $ky-FreesatHD, s1 TiVo in the loft!
PhlangePhace is on a distinguished roadPhlangePhace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagsman View Post
I am absolutely disgusted with Virginmedia.
.....[snip].....
No Tivo, intermittent broadband, only 2 tuners, paying for everything. Cant wait.
Had me going for a bit.... nicely put, my friend
PhlangePhace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 14:15   #352
Big-Ted
Inactive

Big-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud ofBig-Ted has much to be proud of

Quote:

For example, my broadband is supposed to be 10Mb, but it has never been anywhere near that figure. I mean, how is anyone supposed to use a service that is so consistently slow. My speeds are always hovering around the 9.9Mb mark, but I expect to get 10Mb, because that is what I pay for.

As for the TV service, I got a Silver SA TVdrive box to use the new fangled V+ service that Virgin were selling, but I soon realised that recording 2 channels and watching 1 channel at the same time would mean that I would have to make a lot of sacrifices, compared to the TV service I had before. Anyway, that wasnt the worst thing about it. I found out recently that the box itself was totally flawed, because only last week the box died and i had to get an engineer out to fix it. I complained quite vehemently to Virgin about this, telling them that they could not expect to make any money if they give out boxes to customers that will die after only 7 years, especially if, during that period the box itself does not exhibit any flaws or faults to alert the user that the impending death was near at hand. And as if to rub salt in the wound, the day after my box died, the Virginmedia Engineer installed a brand new Samsung V+ box, free of charge. They must have decided not to charge people for this because they know their equipment is so bad and unreliable.

Now we have the new Tivo boxes coming out, and once again Virginmedia are showing everyone how poor a company they really are. Not only are they giving 1000 customers free Tivo for life, with another 1000 on the way. They are expecting all of their existing customers to wait for several months before getting Tivo, just to let them(Virginmedia) test their new equipment and fix any bugs, faults and flaws, to ensure that the equipment will work when its sent out. This is some of the poorest customer service I have ever seen. What right do they have to stop them from giving us a product that THEY believe is not 100%. It just smacks of big business treating the general public like s**t on their shoes.

Now we hear that they will be giving all existing customers the chance to purchase this service before new customers, and at possibly reduced prices.

"!£$%^&*&^%$$*"

Why should we be made to pay any less for this service than new customers. This company(Virginmedia) really are starting to make my blood boil. I pay them as little as I can every month, and yet they still think I should get preferential treatment.

Well I've had enough, I'm moving to Sky. At least with them I will be treated just like every other customer, old or new, and I know that the extra 25% I will pay every month for roughly the same services, is Sky's way of letting me know that I am part of the team.

No Tivo, intermittent broadband, only 2 tuners, paying for everything. Cant wait.

You forgot to mention the lovely dustbin lid stuck on your house and the fun of leaning out a window trying to brush snow off it.
Big-Ted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 14:16   #353
whizzard
Inactive

Services: VM TiVo & V+ XL TV / XL Telephone / XL 30Mb Broadband with Super Hub
whizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to allwhizzard is a name known to all

Doesn't help that everyone is taking the rumours that people are posting as gospel. The 5000 people statement for example. Is almost like taking advice from the PA that looks after Dicky Branson's dog really
whizzard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 14:38   #354
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by whizzard View Post
Doesn't help that everyone is taking the rumours that people are posting as gospel. The 5000 people statement for example. Is almost like taking advice from the PA that looks after Dicky Branson's dog really
Are all those that pre-registered and are current customers getting calls then? It must be close now for all customers, since the calls started nearly 2 weeks ago. I'm getting that excitement up again now as I see more and more people saying they've had calls
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 15:19   #355
gregory8391
Inactive

Services: VIP 50 with V+ Box and Tivo
gregory8391 has a spectacular aura about themgregory8391 has a spectacular aura about themgregory8391 has a spectacular aura about themgregory8391 has a spectacular aura about them

My install date is next Tuesday. I got the remote on Saturday and as I have 2 V+ boxes they are replacing my second box with the Tivo box therefore taking off the £10 per month charge for the second box. This is amazing...free Tivo and paying £10 per month less. Seems like Christmas again!
gregory8391 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 15:43   #356
steelerdean
Inactive

steelerdean is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

For example, my broadband is supposed to be 10Mb, but it has never been anywhere near that figure. I mean, how is anyone supposed to use a service that is so consistently slow. My speeds are always hovering around the 9.9Mb mark, but I expect to get 10Mb, because that is what I pay for.

As for the TV service, I got a Silver SA TVdrive box to use the new fangled V+ service that Virgin were selling, but I soon realised that recording 2 channels and watching 1 channel at the same time would mean that I would have to make a lot of sacrifices, compared to the TV service I had before. Anyway, that wasnt the worst thing about it. I found out recently that the box itself was totally flawed, because only last week the box died and i had to get an engineer out to fix it. I complained quite vehemently to Virgin about this, telling them that they could not expect to make any money if they give out boxes to customers that will die after only 7 years, especially if, during that period the box itself does not exhibit any flaws or faults to alert the user that the impending death was near at hand. And as if to rub salt in the wound, the day after my box died, the Virginmedia Engineer installed a brand new Samsung V+ box, free of charge. They must have decided not to charge people for this because they know their equipment is so bad and unreliable.

Now we have the new Tivo boxes coming out, and once again Virginmedia are showing everyone how poor a company they really are. Not only are they giving 1000 customers free Tivo for life, with another 1000 on the way. They are expecting all of their existing customers to wait for several months before getting Tivo, just to let them(Virginmedia) test their new equipment and fix any bugs, faults and flaws, to ensure that the equipment will work when its sent out. This is some of the poorest customer service I have ever seen. What right do they have to stop them from giving us a product that THEY believe is not 100%. It just smacks of big business treating the general public like s**t on their shoes.

Now we hear that they will be giving all existing customers the chance to purchase this service before new customers, and at possibly reduced prices.

"!£$%^&*&^%$$*"

Why should we be made to pay any less for this service than new customers. This company(Virginmedia) really are starting to make my blood boil. I pay them as little as I can every month, and yet they still think I should get preferential treatment.

Well I've had enough, I'm moving to Sky. At least with them I will be treated just like every other customer, old or new, and I know that the extra 25% I will pay every month for roughly the same services, is Sky's way of letting me know that I am part of the team.

You know what, I read the first bit about only getting download speeds of about 9.9mbps on a 10mb line and was about to steam in with you typical 'are you serious....look at BT' kind of post but thought no, hold on, just read the rest of it first. Boy am I glad I did !!
steelerdean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 15:45   #357
fixerman
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 200mb Superhub 2, Two Tivo V6 1tb, one "Old" Tivo 1tb, home phone, Humax Freesat PVR.
fixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud offixerman has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by pythagoras View Post
Installation arranged for the 23rd February (That was the earliest date) Two tuners only until March. However being able to keep the v+ mitigates that. I'll post up some screen shots and reviews when everything is installed.

Regards

John.
Well done! Enjoy and keep us posted.
fixerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 15:46   #358
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Wink Re: One of a thousand

Quote:

"!£$%^&*&^%$$*"

Oh dear, such overexaggeration. I still have my original TVDrive, installed March 2006. They have only been around just over 5 years, not 7, as you claim!!!
RobboEdin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 16:01   #359
gorm
Inactive

gorm is an unknown quantity at this point

Just had a call from Virgin offering me a Tivo for £140 and an extra £26 per month. The extra £26 is mandatory for the XL tv.

I've been using a standard Tivo for 10 years and it's great (glad I bought a lifetime sub). The whole point of Tivo is that we don't need to pay for extra channels. There's enough stuff on Freeview that with a Tivo, we don't need any more channels.

I said I'd think about it. It's unlikely that we can justify an extra £26 pm though. If it was £140 plus £3 per month, I would have gone for it.

Was excited to see Virgin getting Tivo but disappointed with the forced increase in monthly cost.
gorm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 16:09   #360
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Oh dear, such overexaggeration. I still have my original TVDrive, installed March 2006. They have only been around just over 5 years, not 7, as you claim!!!
Clearly you did not read the post properly as the whole thing was a joke. Sarcasm my friend