Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | One of a thousand

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

One of a thousand

Old 09-02-2011, 16:54   #376
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: One of a thousand

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhlangePhace View Post
try not to miss the call... there isn't any way to know who to call back, if you do
Is this true, or are you just trying to make the edgy, well, more edgy!?
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 09-02-2011, 17:04   #377
gaz2810i
Inactive

Services: Panasonic 55VT30, Pioneer VSX-LX53, BDP-LX54, Virgin TiVo 1tb (VIP), Toshiba HD-EX1, VM 50gb BB, PS3
gaz2810i will become famous soon enoughgaz2810i will become famous soon enoughgaz2810i will become famous soon enough

Had a lengthy chat with two women in retentions just to see if they happened to know anything and was told exactly the same as the guy in the CEO office except that I wouldn't be likely to get it before APRIL and that only 1000 people have been called which we all know is not true.
gaz2810i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 18:08   #378
PhlangePhace
Inactive

Services: VM TiVo: XXL/XL/XL, Freesat+HD, $ky-FreesatHD, s1 TiVo in the loft!
PhlangePhace is on a distinguished roadPhlangePhace is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
Is this true, or are you just trying to make the edgy, well, more edgy!?
I have seen a post from someone who had missed a call today and found out it was an 08000 number.... but when called back just got a recorded message to contact Customer services... who couldn't help.
PhlangePhace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 19:49   #379
millenp
Inactive

millenp is an unknown quantity at this point

got called this evening - apparently they called earlier and said they would call back when I got home - which they did. Got the congrats, lucky 1000, have I checked out the web site stuff (of course I have - that's where I put the number you phoned me on...) All very efficient - arranged a saturday slot (26th) because all other days were morning slots and there wouldn't be anyone in.

The chap said to allow 3 hours (yikes!) and assumed I would be keeping the existing V+ box in another room. I asked if this was a beta test, and was told no - it should be bug free. Was also told that the installation would be with 2 channel tuners enabled, and the 3rd would be flashed into action in March. Also the 10 Mb connection doesn't give you full browser functionality, merely access to the Youtube and Facebook apps.

Strangely, he made a point of saying the installation and service was free but never mentioned the box - even when I said -is the box free?, he replied that there were "no charges to pay" Why not just say "yes the box is free" - perhaps it's because VM keep ownership of the equipment? -no matter...perhaps I'm reading too much into it...

he pointed out that existing customers would be normally be charged £149 - didn't mention installation/activation but they would have known that I was a VIP50 so maybe that's the deal for VIP50? - I asked would there be a TIVO 50 - he didn't know.

He asked what I thought of their customer service - in the circumstances, it was difficult to answer anything but "great" - which I did, and I have to say that they have come a long way from the NTL day of two hour phone queues ending with a muppet asking you if you had re-booted the box/modem/whatever had malfunctioned...
millenp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 22:01   #380
tigga69
Inactive

tigga69 is on a distinguished roadtigga69 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Oh dear, such overexaggeration. I still have my original TVDrive, installed March 2006. They have only been around just over 5 years, not 7, as you claim!!!
yes you are right, TVDrive was launched for the HD trials and the world cup in 2006. I had mine from the initial launch too and remembering we had to wait for the HD channels to come out in May.

But hey, his post was just a little banter, so just enjoy it :-)
tigga69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 23:59   #381
Andy C
cf.addict

Services: V6 Virgin 360, Volt Gig1 BB,
Andy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really niceAndy C is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaz2810i View Post
They told me that no one on the current lists will be getting calls till March and that I should be patient.
I was told the same by the CEOs office on Monday. Tuesday I got a call.

There seem to be lots of calls going out this week, good luck!

---------- Post added at 23:59 ---------- Previous post was at 23:51 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by millenp View Post
Strangely, he made a point of saying the installation and service was free but never mentioned the box - even when I said -is the box free?, he replied that there were "no charges to pay" Why not just say "yes the box is free" - perhaps it's because VM keep ownership of the equipment? -no matter...perhaps I'm reading too much into it...

he pointed out that existing customers would be normally be charged £149 - didn't mention installation/activation but they would have known that I was a VIP50 so maybe that's the deal for VIP50? - I asked would there be a TIVO 50 - he didn't know.
If you're one of the lucky 1000 you get a free box and no charges... congrats
Andy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 00:07   #382
jagsman
cf.addict

jagsman is a glorious beacon of lightjagsman is a glorious beacon of lightjagsman is a glorious beacon of lightjagsman is a glorious beacon of lightjagsman is a glorious beacon of lightjagsman is a glorious beacon of lightjagsman is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to jagsman Send a message via Yahoo to jagsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tigga69 View Post
yes you are right, TVDrive was launched for the HD trials and the world cup in 2006. I had mine from the initial launch too and remembering we had to wait for the HD channels to come out in May.

But hey, his post was just a little banter, so just enjoy it :-)
I do apologise for the error, but its still Virgins fault, somehow.
jagsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:39   #383
vanman
cf.mega poster

Services: Sky
vanman has reached the bronze age
vanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze age

hay hay hay wot can i say
just got a call .
they given me a tivo to play .
vanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:39   #384
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanman View Post
hay hay hay wot can i say
just got a call .
they given me a tivo to play .
For free?
BenJSmyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2011, 11:40   #385
vanman
cf.mega poster

vanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze agevanman has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJSmyth View Post
For free?
oh yes
Old 10-02-2011, 11:44   #386
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Services: Sky TV in the living room, Freeview in the bedroom. Plusnet Unlimited Fibre
BenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of lightBenJSmyth is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
oh yes
Sweeet, congrats mate!!! Have you got an install date?
Old 10-02-2011, 11:48   #387
vanman
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Sweeet, congrats mate!!! Have you got an install date?
yes 19th feb between 12 and 4
Old 10-02-2011, 11:49   #388
BenJSmyth
Inactive

ah you lucky so and so!

I bet you're well chuffed! Are you a VIP customer then?
Old 10-02-2011, 11:51   #389
vanman
cf.mega poster

Quote:
ah you lucky so and so!

I bet you're well chuffed! Are you a VIP customer then?
yes i am happy .
no i not a vip customer.
just a vip
Old 10-02-2011, 11:54   #390
BenJSmyth
Inactive

Quote:
yes i am happy .
no i not a vip customer.
just a vip
Indeed you are! Lets hope that more of us become a VIP in the eyes of VM and are also offered a Tivo.

Soon we'll all have it and the forum will go quiet, the moaning will cease!