Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Home Alarm System

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Mobile phone insurance

Old 13-05-2014, 16:52   #1
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

Services: Sky multiroom (Sky Q) Sky Fibre Unlimited Sky Landline
MadGamer has a nice shiny star
MadGamer has a nice shiny starMadGamer has a nice shiny star
Mobile phone insurance

Hey everyone,

I would like to insure my Galaxy S5, but which is the best insurer to go with? I was thinking of protect your bubble, but I'm not sure. Can anyone advise?

Thank you
MadGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 13-05-2014, 19:45   #2
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Mobile phone insurance

I've heard horror stories about Protect Your Bubble.

e.g. http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1472768

I have mobile phone insurance via my bank account.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2014, 19:51   #3
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

If you still live with your folks, check whether it is covered on their home contents policy (or, if you're in your own place, whether it's covered on yours).
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-2014, 20:56   #4
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

I'll steer clear of protect your bubble then. Tried my bank and they don't offer it, will see if my parents can cover me via their bank
Old 14-05-2014, 07:42   #5
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura

They may not need to cover you via their bank. They may already have cover for contents outside the home included with their home contents insurance. Ask them about that first before spending any money on cover you don't need.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2014, 09:28   #6
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

I used My Essentials at American Express.
Covers iPhone, iPad, laptop, as well as spectacles (which I needed to claim for after the dog ran off with them - and there's no excess!)
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-05-2014, 12:39   #7
mark1234
Inactive

Services: Virgin TV XL, Broadband XL (60), Phone XL, Windows 7 Media Centre
mark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to allmark1234 is a name known to all

Unless you're really careless and expect to drop/break it, I wouldn't bother. Taking Bubble as an example, save the £6 a month and £50 excess, and self-insure. Chances are you'll be quids in by not buying insurance.
mark1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-05-2014, 10:39   #8
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

I'm pretty sure EE / Voda / Whoever would sell you some insurance for it.
Old 17-05-2014, 21:58   #9
MadGamer
Eva Longoria Fan

EE don't do insurance for Sim Only, and I forgot to mention that in the initial post. Oops
Old 29-07-2014, 15:39   #10
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

I had to claim virgin media mobile insurance in May this year and was sent out a refurbished replacement in June that cost me 70.00 don't get me wrong although I would have liked a new one I was not to bothered as it was my son's phone but now the speakers are not working when I say speakers the person you are speaking to can hear you, you just can't hear them, can I ask request a new phone instead of a phone that was obviously not refurbished to the standard one would expect. This problem has been since my son got the phone but we were only made aware of it last night when he used it on speaker and he explained that is what he needs to do to make or receive a call. What happens now do I need to send the phone back to be repaired as it is under the 12 month warranty or will they replace it with an other refurbished mobile when I send it back? Not to happy about this but that's life.
Old 29-07-2014, 19:45   #11
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

That is one thing sorted a new or refurbished replacement is being sent out tomorrow and all I have to do is send the faulty refurbished phone back really impressed with VM credit where credit is due. If only my home & buildings insurance could be resolved that fast then I really would be one happy lady