Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1
Closed Thread

Old 16-02-2012, 23:14   #1396
New to cable
Permanently Banned

New to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutterNew to cable likes to dwell in the gutter
Re: Coming soon to Virgin TV (2012) Vol. 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Media boy, any news on Premier Sports, l know that talks were continuing after they broke down originally.

I can tell you for a fact there is no new news on Premier sports. My insider is telling me Virginmedia willnot even consider putting Premier sports into the XL package(for reasons I will not go into)

My insider is telling me Virginmedia are happy for Premier Sports to join the platform as a standalone premium channel. Currently Premier Sports are unwillling to accept this solution.

My insider tells me Virginmedia will not be putting any other offer on the table.
Advertisement
Old 16-02-2012, 23:51   #1397
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by New to cable View Post
I can tell you for a fact there is no new news on Premier sports. My insider is telling me Virginmedia willnot even consider putting Premier sports into the XL package(for reasons I will not go into)

My insider is telling me Virginmedia are happy for Premier Sports to join the platform as a standalone premium channel. Currently Premier Sports are unwillling to accept this solution.

My insider tells me Virginmedia will not be putting any other offer on the table.
My insiders are telling me you are full of carp
Old 17-02-2012, 05:45   #1398
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by PWSPWS View Post
Whilst I love Nascar & for that alone getting Premier Sports would soften an above-inflation price rise, I'm not sure how easily I could justify it as a standalone at nearly £8 a month for one race a week
Yes £8 a month is a bit steep and if it was a choice between that and Netflix then Netflix would win hands down every time.
Old 17-02-2012, 06:14   #1399
richard1960

Services: vm broadband tvxl TiVo, v+ sky sports and phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
My insiders are telling me you are full of carp
Have a good last day at VM DF.

Have a good rest before getting back into the slave (jobs market.)

Old 17-02-2012, 06:28   #1400
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
Have a good last day at VM DF.

Have a good rest before getting back into the slave (jobs market.)
l will second that and at least we will still have the great man's wisdom with us on this forum.
Old 17-02-2012, 08:07   #1401
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Have a good last day DF, hope all works out in the for you. Hope you stay on CF
Old 17-02-2012, 09:31   #1402
LexDiamond
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD, Sky Unlimited BB and Sky landline
LexDiamond has reached the bronze age
LexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze ageLexDiamond has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
l will second that and at least we will still have the great man's wisdom with us on this forum.
I will third that!

DF is a CF legend!
Old 17-02-2012, 10:06   #1403
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Try and find out as much info as poss on coming soons matey,youcan tell us all later lol.have a good last day matey
Old 17-02-2012, 10:08   #1404
Tricky Trevor
cf.geek

Services: Gig1,Ultimate Volt,Virgin 360x2, O2 mobile
Tricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of QuadsTricky Trevor has a fine set of Quads

Yes,all the very best DF and the very best of luck for the future.
Old 17-02-2012, 10:52   #1405
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

thanks everyone... you are all too kind !
Old 17-02-2012, 11:37   #1406
gba93
ofc.founder_member

Services: VIP 60
gba93 has reached the bronze age
gba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze agegba93 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tricky Trevor View Post
Yes,all the very best DF and the very best of luck for the future.
Belated perhaps DF but have a good day and best of luck for the future
Old 17-02-2012, 11:37   #1407
kop32
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q Silver, 2 x mini boxes,VM 150mb broadband and VM phone with anytime calls.
kop32 has reached the bronze age
kop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
thanks everyone... you are all too kind !
What can we say,we're a caring bunch on this forum,as everyone else has said DF all the very best for the future,I have been there (made redundant in 2006!) so I can sympathize but believe me it does get better
Old 17-02-2012, 11:41   #1408
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
MTV HD launched on Sky today not sure about other platforms
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/35381091-post349.html
Any news on MTV HD, MTV Live SD and other missing MTV channels?

---------- Post added at 11:41 ---------- Previous post was at 11:39 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Media Boy update:

At 11pm tonight we are saying goodbye to Diva TV on Virgin Channel 164.

After 11pm I am getting no listings for Diva TV (on my V+ Box) so I think NBC Universal will close Diva TV then.

Q: WILL NBC UNIVERSAL GIVE US UNIVERSAL HD OR STYLE NETWORK TO MAKE UP FOR DIVA TV CLOSING?
A: My Insiders has not told me of any new channel launching on Virgin Media from NBC Universal to make up the numbers for Diva TV being axe.
What a shame!

I do hope we get Universal HD and Style Network in the long run!
Old 17-02-2012, 11:41   #1409
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

cheers denphone & media boy for that info.
Old 17-02-2012, 11:52   #1410
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Current TV to close March 11th

Click first result on link below
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Cur...&client=safari
Could they be sold then licence the name from Current Media?

---------- Post added at 11:46 ---------- Previous post was at 11:43 ----------

Quote:
BBC: BBC confirms 3D coverage plans for London 2012 Olympic Games.

The BBC today announced it will broadcast some live 3D coverage to homes across the UK as part of a 3D trial during the London 2012 Olympic Games.

The trial coverage will be broadcast via the BBC’s HD Channel and will include:
The Opening Ceremony
The Closing Ceremony
The Men’s 100m final
A highlights package at the end of each day

The free-to-air broadcast of these events in 3D will be available to anyone who has access to a 3D TV set and to HD Channels, regardless of which digital TV provider they use.

BBC 3D will be broadcasting on the BBC HD Channel on Virgin Channel 187.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/mediacentre/med...-coverage.html

Well that is good news for VM customers!

There is not too much 3D content, we do have Sky 3D for example, otherwise the 3D content is good!

---------- Post added at 11:47 ---------- Previous post was at 11:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superblade7 View Post
Don't know if this has already been posted (being lazy and not reading back through previous posts) but the second post down by Nick Ontiveros sounds like some announcements may be forthcoming in March - http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...p/td-p/1037559

Watch this space I guess!

Superblade7
I hope he is right!

---------- Post added at 11:48 ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 ----------

Quote:
Its true, the big news for TiVo is

Netflix and Lovefilm coming before the end of April, Multiroom streaming and iPad,iPhone or (iOS) APPS coming very soon aswell. After April (the financial year) Sky Atlantic but only SD will hit.

Also Loveflim to be included in the XLtv and £5 Tivo fee, £3 tivo customers will be able to migrate to the £5 fee if they want Lovefilm inclusive.
That would be rather good, now we have to play the waiting game...

---------- Post added at 11:50 ---------- Previous post was at 11:48 ----------

Quote:
Three new ITV1 +1 channels may launch on Virgin this month?

ITV1+1 South West,
ITV1+1 West
and ITV1 +1 Anglia North

Are all set to launch on Astra before March 1st.

No news yet on if Virgin will add them on their launch dates.

http://www.sky.com/helpcentre/tv/itv...feb-itvchanges
The only thing that would be different would be regional news!

---------- Post added at 11:52 ---------- Previous post was at 11:50 ----------

Quote:

Why can they not look at the examples of Racing UK, BoxNation and even Sky Sports on Virgin TV?
Closed Thread