Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Uncharted 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Gaming Discussion > Sony Games Systems
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Uncharted 2

Old 14-10-2009, 10:38   #61
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
Re: Uncharted 2

I've just returned from the hospital to find uncharted on the doormat but I cant play it as Ive fractured the side of my hand and had my finger's taped together. I wish I weren't such an idiot at times
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-10-2009, 14:11   #62
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Just a post:

They've changed a few things button wise. You now have to reload with R2, not up on d-pad. You aim the grenades with L2, and shot them with it.

I'm sure that is different because you can't select grenades on d-pad anymore.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 15:03   #63
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal

Seems there's an extra reward if you completed the 1st Uncharted

http://www.gamingevolution.info/view.php?id=8641

Quote:
If you have a saved game of a completed playthrough of Uncharted 1 then you get $100,000 to spend in the store for Uncharted 2. We didn’t go with the platinum because we wanted to reward more players.
Ravenheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 17:44   #64
Bulky
Inactive

Bulky has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
I've just returned from the hospital to find uncharted on the doormat but I cant play it as Ive fractured the side of my hand and had my finger's taped together. I wish I weren't such an idiot at times
That has to be a torture of some description , got to be as bad as : taking the day off work , setting off early to get to hmv , walking in hmv (had bonus bond vouchers) to find no copies of unchartered 2 , thinking , never mind i will go to Game to buy it instead , walking in game , no copies of unchartered 2, then going very red and feeling highly annoyed at having wasted a day off due to own stupidity
Old 14-10-2009, 18:23   #65
cimt

cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal
cimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appealcimt has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenheart View Post
Seems there's an extra reward if you completed the 1st Uncharted

http://www.gamingevolution.info/view.php?id=8641
I don't think I got that 100k... Quite hard to tell now since I have well over 200k...
Quote:
Originally Posted by bulkylad View Post
That has to be a torture of some description , got to be as bad as : taking the day off work , setting off early to get to hmv , walking in hmv (had bonus bond vouchers) to find no copies of unchartered 2 , thinking , never mind i will go to Game to buy it instead , walking in game , no copies of unchartered 2, then going very red and feeling highly annoyed at having wasted a day off due to own stupidity
Did you do that today, like? If so then it's not released till Friday, lmao...

Anways, does anyone know how many chapters there is? I'm upto 18 on Hard.
cimt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-10-2009, 18:41   #66
Bulky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by cimt View Post
I don't think I got that 100k... Quite hard to tell now since I have well over 200k...

Did you do that today, like? If so then it's not released till Friday, lmao...

Anways, does anyone know how many chapters there is? I'm upto 18 on Hard.
No , yesterday , was reading too many American websites and took their release date as ours , on a brighter note : http://www.edge-online.com/magazine/...-among-thieves
Old 16-10-2009, 17:38   #67
Bulky
Inactive

played the single player for a couple of hours , decided to start on hard difficulty and think it was definately the right decision as i think it would have been a little easy on normal (had read this also on another forum) , the graphics are breathtaking probably , definately the best i have seen on any console, an hour or so of multiplayer to get back into the swing of things and yet again hooked. Hows everyone else finding it?
Old 17-10-2009, 13:20   #68
D_Skids
Inactive

D_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant futureD_Skids has a brilliant future

I am loving it in fact, I had a break from it so I didn't finish it too soon! I tried the multiplayer and that is the best multiplayer game I have played.

Elimination is good, its like team deathmatch but once your dead you are dead for the whole round, no respawning. This is good because people tend to be a bit more careful rather than just charging in like they would in deathmatch so it makes it a more tactical game.

Also there is nothing more satisfying than throwing a gas cylinder and shooting it in mid air to take out an opponent!
D_Skids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 01:11   #69
icestar2
Inactive

Services: Phone, HDTV, 30MB BB, Tivo
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal
icestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appealicestar2 has a bronzed appeal

Well I have to say what an amazing experience it was playing Uncharted 2. Couldnt play it for the first week because of a broken hand and then caught a virus(me not console) lol but once I finally got my hand's on it it was truly an amazing gaming experience. Looking forward to playing some online now
icestar2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 08:07   #70
Ravenheart
Inactive

Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal
Ravenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appealRavenheart has a bronzed appeal

lack of funds mean I've not picked it up yet

Saw yesterday that there's going to be some DLC for it before the end of the year too.

Source:
Ravenheart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 08:32   #71
Bulky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by icestar2 View Post
Well I have to say what an amazing experience it was playing Uncharted 2. Couldnt play it for the first week because of a broken hand and then caught a virus(me not console) lol but once I finally got my hand's on it it was truly an amazing gaming experience. Looking forward to playing some online now
i will second that , finished it yesterday , having switched between single and multiplayer , what an excellent adventure , absolutely loved it , multiplayer is also excellent but does seem to suffer latency issues (well i do anyway) now and again.
Old 26-10-2009, 08:43   #72
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Quote:
i will second that , finished it yesterday , having switched between single and multiplayer , what an excellent adventure , absolutely loved it , multiplayer is also excellent but does seem to suffer latency issues (well i do anyway) now and again.
Ive noticed it is very difficult to shoot people, yet they run up to me a shoot me with the a pistol, and it appears to take a full magazine to kill someone using the AK, a bit frustrating really.

Good game but a bit unbalanced in multiplayer imo, or is it just the fact that I,m a low rang therefore haven't unlocked the good perks yet?
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 08:59   #73
Bulky
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pabscars View Post
Ive noticed it is very difficult to shoot people, yet they run up to me a shoot me with the a pistol, and it appears to take a full magazine to kill someone using the AK, a bit frustrating really.

Good game but a bit unbalanced in multiplayer imo, or is it just the fact that I,m a low rang therefore haven't unlocked the good perks yet?
it will never take a full magazine to kill with the AK , use short conrolled bursts , the FAL is definatley the best weapon long range and the one i use most , if you find it is a game of close combat then the AK or shotgun is my weapon of choice. The latency issue (unloading a full clip into someone and them not dieing) only seem to happen when playing with the US , which i suppose is normal but is highly annoying , it is rare though.

The team balancing definately needs work , it is pure luck whether you get stuck with a load of idiots fighting seasoned players , they never seem to get split evenly according to rank , the perks i'm using at the moment are 'down the irons' and 'fleet foot' , they seem to work well
Old 26-10-2009, 10:18   #74
pabscars
Inactive

Services: TiVo, 75 Smeg Broadband
pabscars has reached the bronze age
pabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze agepabscars has reached the bronze age

Quote:
it will never take a full magazine to kill with the AK , use short conrolled bursts , the FAL is definatley the best weapon long range and the one i use most , if you find it is a game of close combat then the AK or shotgun is my weapon of choice. The latency issue (unloading a full clip into someone and them not dieing) only seem to happen when playing with the US , which i suppose is normal but is highly annoying , it is rare though.

The team balancing definately needs work , it is pure luck whether you get stuck with a load of idiots fighting seasoned players , they never seem to get split evenly according to rank , the perks i'm using at the moment are 'down the irons' and 'fleet foot' , they seem to work well
Having only played a dozen games or so, I cant comment too much I suppose, but it does appear to take an awefull lot more than I expected.

Maybe not a full magazine but not far off. Its possible that the few games Ive played so far have been US, in fact I know they have.

I need to give it a good few days hammer, but if its not grabbed me by then, then it never will.

One thing I like is the Co-op and the fact you can still earn money that way. At least it gives you a little break from the concentration required when in a lobby.

Agree with you the long range weapon (FAL) is a pretty decent tool in the right hands.
pabscars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-10-2009, 13:38   #75
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Finished the Story mode.

Game.Of.The.Year.

Naughty Dog have actually managed to improve on the original, & create a sequel even more stunning.

Graphics, sound, gameplay, action, puzzles, story, script, characters, voice acting... everything is bloody brilliant.

There were some points when I got rather frustrated (especially the final boss, who I hated), but even so, the game is just simply amazing.

I need to try the multiplayer now, as I've only played solo so far.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote