Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Upgrading to TiVo v6?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Upgrading to TiVo v6?

Old 18-12-2016, 12:08   #1
DaBoz
Inactive

DaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to behold
Upgrading to TiVo v6?

Just wondering how much success existing customers have upgrading their current TiVo to v6? Is it a regional roll out thing, first come first served, new customers only or only available through retentions?

Thanks
DaBoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 18-12-2016, 12:10   #2
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
Re: Upgrading to TiVo v6?

Try logging in to your VM online account and see if the option to upgrade is there.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-2016, 12:20   #3
DaBoz
Inactive

DaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to beholdDaBoz is a splendid one to behold

Any particular link? I can't see anything obvious after logging in and the My Upgrades and Offers link always says "we're unable to change your package online"
Old 18-12-2016, 12:28   #4
nomadking
cf.mega poster

nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

I would have thought that it should still list offers, even if you had to phone up for them. Does it list any other offers?
Old 18-12-2016, 12:34   #5
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBoz View Post
Any particular link? I can't see anything obvious after logging in and the My Upgrades and Offers link always says "we're unable to change your package online"
l went into it quite a few times and it kept coming up with the same error message so in the end l enquired by Virgin Media's online chat facility.
Old 18-12-2016, 12:39   #6
DaBoz
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
I would have thought that it should still list offers, even if you had to phone up for them. Does it list any other offers?
When I click on the My Upgrades and Offers link, this is what I see:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3...kxZR0NtUUxIb1k

I'll call them and see what they say. Strange that this is the only way I find out about V6 on my account.
Old 18-12-2016, 12:49   #7
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Get the Virgin TV V6 box, powered by TiVo®

Already with us? If you’ve got a Virgin Broadband connection of up to 100Mbps or above and Mix TV or above,
the Virgin TV V6 box is available for you to buy now. Sign in to My Virgin Media and check out My Upgrades & Offers.
Go to My Virgin Media

That wait is almost up for new customers, too. Keep checking back to find out when the Virgin TV V6 box will be available for all.

The last bit suggests it might not be available to everybody just yet. That was from clicking on the link in the VM community TV forums for the V6.
Old 18-12-2016, 13:07   #8
DaBoz
Inactive

ok, called the number in my screenshot and got through to the typical 150 menus (where amusingly there's no menu option to ask about upgrading your package!! Just are you moving house or thinking of leaving us! LOL) and ended up in customer relations (retention).

I was offered just under £100 as a one off fee for the new box, where it is delivered to me and I swap it over myself (needs to be close to superhub).

There's no way to copy over recordings which means I need to delay upgrade until after new year anyway, so I asked about availability if I were to ask for one now and while looking he said "we've barely booked any V6 yet as it's only been out a few weeks" and "the box codes have not loaded onto the system correctly yet". After much button tapping and some tutting the earliest date I could get one was mid February.

Sounds good to me, coincides with my annual contract bartering. Although this time I might just take their excellent internet and use the numerous IP TV services I already subscribe to instead.