Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The iPhone thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The iPhone thread

Old 22-11-2010, 23:11   #1576
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age
Re: The iPhone thread

Hmm - Find my phone is only for iPhone 4, not 3GS or below..
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 23-11-2010, 00:27   #1577
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I did read somewhere that you can get it for free for the 3GS etc., but you must first activate the free MoboileMe account using an iPhone 4 / iPod Touch 4th Gen. / iPad.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 02:54   #1578
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
I did read somewhere that you can get it for free for the 3GS etc., but you must first activate the free MoboileMe account using an iPhone 4 / iPod Touch 4th Gen. / iPad.
And a linky for that information
Having said that - if I had an iPhone 4, I'd be using that.....
Old 23-11-2010, 07:12   #1579
moiraf100
Inactive

Services: M+Tivo: VM 50mb BB: VM M phone: 15" Macbook Pro 10.9.1 iPhone 5 iPad 2
moiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nicemoiraf100 is just really nice

Just glad to see some new ringtones for text messages (SMS?)
moiraf100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 10:27   #1580
sherer
Inactive

sherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of societysherer is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by moiraf100 View Post
Just glad to see some new ringtones for text messages (SMS?)
This really annoys me, I have had the same txt ring tone for about 10 years until I got an iphone and now I can't change it. I know I could jailbreak it but doing that for a single tone seems a bit too much of a step to take
sherer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 10:41   #1581
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

I've just discovered Stanza for reading ebooks (epub). I take back what I said about the Kindle now as Stanza is excellent, I never thought I'd read a book on the iTouch but it works so well.
Old 23-11-2010, 10:41   #1582
Blackened
Inactive

Blackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpackBlackened has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherer View Post
This really annoys me, I have had the same txt ring tone for about 10 years until I got an iphone and now I can't change it. I know I could jailbreak it but doing that for a single tone seems a bit too much of a step to take
That's Stevie's plan - to have everyone recognise who's got an iPhone
Blackened is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 10:46   #1583
peanut
NUTS !!

peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star
peanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny starpeanut has a nice shiny star

A quick question...

My iTouch is running 3.1.3 firmware and it's jailbroken using Spirit. I know I can update the firmware to 4(something), but what will happen to the apps etc that are on it now that only works when it's jailbroken? Will the update cause any other problems? Is there anything I need to do prior to the update?

Can I jailbreak it with the latest firmware, is there one out? Or is it best to just leave it as it is?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Old 23-11-2010, 13:12   #1584
grandmaster
Inactive

grandmaster has reached the bronze age
grandmaster has reached the bronze agegrandmaster has reached the bronze agegrandmaster has reached the bronze age

Is anyone else having terrible 3G issues on orange?

I have full signal according to my Iphone and 3G but I contantly keep getting connection errors.
When I phoned CS they told me to reset the network settings and that works for a few mins but them it goes "back to normal" plus everytime i reset my network settings I lose my wireless WPA key which is a PITA.
grandmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 14:38   #1585
haydnwalker
Inactive

Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
haydnwalker has reached the bronze age
haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandmaster View Post
Is anyone else having terrible 3G issues on orange?

I have full signal according to my Iphone and 3G but I contantly keep getting connection errors.
When I phoned CS they told me to reset the network settings and that works for a few mins but them it goes "back to normal" plus everytime i reset my network settings I lose my wireless WPA key which is a PITA.
Its probably congestion on the particular Cell Tower you're using, I used to get that on O2 alot when browsing on 3G
haydnwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-11-2010, 15:59   #1586
grandmaster
Inactive

grandmaster has reached the bronze agegrandmaster has reached the bronze agegrandmaster has reached the bronze age

probably, just annoying though
My collegue is on O2 and never has any issues.
Old 23-11-2010, 19:11   #1587
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by peanut View Post
A quick question...

My iTouch is running 3.1.3 firmware and it's jailbroken using Spirit. I know I can update the firmware to 4(something), but what will happen to the apps etc that are on it now that only works when it's jailbroken? Will the update cause any other problems? Is there anything I need to do prior to the update?

Can I jailbreak it with the latest firmware, is there one out? Or is it best to just leave it as it is?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks
Firmware update = bye bye Jailbreak & any Jailbreak apps.

There is a Jailbreak for the latest firmware, for all devices, but how it works depends on which device you have.

Which generation is your iPod Touch?

http://blog.iphone-dev.org/

http://www.ismashphone.com/2010/11/r...iSmashPhone%29
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2010, 00:16   #1588
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Unless the latest upgrade has any major advantages, then the old saying "If it is not broken don't fix it" seems a good idea.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-11-2010, 04:55   #1589
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

For those owners of 3G and 3GS denied the full benefits of the upgrade (MobileMe Phone finder can only be activated with iPhone 4), then I found an app which appears to do the business, Details here.

Ok - it's not free, but it is just a one off cost and might just enable you to find where you dropped the iPhone.
Old 24-11-2010, 09:41   #1590
grandmaster
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCambs View Post
For those owners of 3G and 3GS denied the full benefits of the upgrade (MobileMe Phone finder can only be activated with iPhone 4), then I found an app which appears to do the business, Details here.

Ok - it's not free, but it is just a one off cost and might just enable you to find where you dropped the iPhone.
looks intresting, thanks.