Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Child grooming gang found guilty

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Child grooming gang found guilty

Old 02-08-2012, 16:54   #301
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
Re: Child grooming gang found guilty

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
I think in the Rochdale case the reason why many people said it was a racial case is because the defendants said it was ..........no guess work needed .
Exactly! I don't know why we are even having this discussion. They admitted that they deliberately picked white girls.....in an area of the country where there is no lack of choice of asian girls......
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2012, 17:09   #302
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramrod View Post
Exactly! I don't know why we are even having this discussion. They admitted that they deliberately picked white girls.....in an area of the country where there is no lack of choice of asian girls......
I don't think that's quite what they said. I think they picked vulnerable girls from white communities but not just because they were white. Where is the actual quote, I can't find it in the BBC News report.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-unfolded.html

They seem to have targeting white girls because they saw them as more easy to exploit, i.e the background, rather than the colour of their skin. That does add an element of race to it but not quite in the same way as a 'racially motivated crime'. Their race wasn't the motivation but a means they used to find victims who they viewed as easier to exploit. Although I can't find a quote.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 19:20   #303
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

I believe the defendants said it was a racist case because they thought the prosecution, and the judge in the case, were racist.

Guardian
Quote:
He (Ahmed) was banned from the courtroom in Liverpool for his sentencing hearing because of his threatening behaviour and for calling Clifton a "racist *******".
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 20:18   #304
Saaf_laandon_mo
Inactive

Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star
Saaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny starSaaf_laandon_mo has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
I don't think that's quite what they said. I think they picked vulnerable girls from white communities but not just because they were white. Where is the actual quote, I can't find it in the BBC News report.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...-unfolded.html

They seem to have targeting white girls because they saw them as more easy to exploit, i.e the background, rather than the colour of their skin. That does add an element of race to it but not quite in the same way as a 'racially motivated crime'. Their race wasn't the motivation but a means they used to find victims who they viewed as easier to exploit. Although I can't find a quote.
Exactly. There might be a lot of asian girls in Rochford, but it's going to be a lot more difficult plying a asian (and most likely ) muslim girl who is very likely not to drink or smoke, with alcohol or booze in the first instance, than a young girl who is already drinking or who doesnt see drink as being haraam. It's also going to be a lot harder picking up asian muslim girls as I doubt they would be out and about on their own that much.

If I was a thief I would be robbing the car were the doors had been left unlocked, not one where I would need to smash the quarter glass. I hope the analogy makes some sense.

Racially motivated crime, I doubt it very much.

Hideous crime - we all agree it was.
Saaf_laandon_mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 22:21   #305
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saaf_laandon_mo View Post
Racially motivated crime, I doubt it very much.
Agreed. It was sexually motivated. They targeted a a particular race because white girls were 'easier' imo
Old 02-08-2012, 22:40   #306
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

Being vulnerable may have helped with ensnaring the girls, but it was threats of violence that allowed things to expand and escalate to something akin to sex trafficking. Are the white girls the only non-Asian(ie Pakistani) ones?
Link
Quote:
One of the men on trial in Liverpool said: "You white people train them in sex and drinking, so when they come to us they are fully trained." Others have told their victims it is fine to sleep with them "because it's what we do in our country".
Link
Quote:
Mohammed Shafiq, chief executive of of the Ramadhan Foundation, accused Pakistani community elders of "burying their heads in the sand" on the issue of on-street grooming. "There is a significant problem for the British Pakistani community," he said.
"There should be no silence in addressing the issue of race as this is central to the actions of these criminals.
"They think that white teenage girls are worthless and can be abused without a second thought; it is this sort of behaviour that is bringing shame on our community."
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-09-2012, 19:48   #307
Julian
Oh When The Saints!!

Julian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny starJulian has a nice shiny star
Julian has a nice shiny star

So it looks like the problem was/is much bigger and was played down because
Quote:
"there are sensitivities of ethnicity with potential to endanger the harmony of community relationships".
No surprises there, as admitted at the time.

LINKY
Old 24-09-2012, 23:15   #308
Gary L
cf.mega poster

Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star
Gary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny starGary L has a nice shiny star

Gary L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2012, 11:57   #309
Taf
cf.mega poster

Services: TVXL BBXL Superhub 2ac (wired) 1Tb Tivo
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star
Taf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny starTaf has a nice shiny star

Quote:
"....the harmony of community relationships"
I think they actually believe there is harmony in the community.
Taf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-09-2012, 14:06   #310
jempalmer

Services: 500gb Tivo & V+. TV XL, 60MB BB, M Phone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taf View Post
I think they actually believe there is harmony in the community.
Then they are even more stupid then we thought from the outset? What is wrong with society? I despair.
Old 26-09-2012, 19:31   #311
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by jempalmer View Post
Then they are even more stupid then we thought from the outset? What is wrong with society? I despair.
too many people with their head in the sand and talking out their backside
Old 27-09-2012, 14:43   #312
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Social services and police "missed opportunities" to stop the sexual abuse of young girls in Rochdale, a report into a grooming scandal has revealed.
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england...ester-19739073

Quote:
The report also shows some officials believed vulnerable girls as young as 10 - who were being groomed for sexual abuse - were "making their own choices".
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2012, 15:21   #313
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

They didn't "miss" any opportunities, they deliberately and maliciously ignored them.
nomadking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2012, 15:53   #314
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

I must agree that far harsher terminology would seem more appropriate in this case but then that seems to have been avoided from start to finish. Mustn't offend anyone after all....
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-09-2012, 23:40   #315
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

it is not possible for under age girls to give consent to sex so it begs the question ,why are the police turning europe up side down looking for a teacher who has gone to france with a 15 yr old and they don't even know if he has had sex with her but when one of the girls in rochdale complains that she has been raped and threatened with violence the authorities do nothing .This scandal is on a par if not worse than the baby'p' scandal and heads at the highest level both with social services and the police should roll