Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Post-Brexit Thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Post-Brexit Thread
Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2016, 16:02   #2566
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Am I a pedant in wanting future campaigns free of factual inaccuracies designed to nudge a few per cent over the line? Possibly but I can but hope.
You will be waiting a long time Andrew as politicians from all sides are absolute experts at obfuscating and distorting the full truthful facts.
Old 09-11-2016, 16:14   #2567
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Am I a pedant in wanting future campaigns free of factual inaccuracies designed to nudge a few per cent over the line? Possibly but I can but hope.
Seconded.
Old 09-11-2016, 16:20   #2568
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

The £350m wasn't plucked out of thin air. It has a basis in TRUTH. That is the figure the EU expects us to pay.
Old 09-11-2016, 16:39   #2569
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomadking View Post
The £350m wasn't plucked out of thin air. It has a basis in TRUTH. That is the figure the EU expects us to pay.
The slogan was a statement of fact about what the UK sends the EU each week. The EU expects and receives a lot less. Do you honestly think that someone at the EU is sat there emailing the UK going, "thanks for your cheque, now please make it up to £350m as that's what we expect?" That sounds ridiculous and I'm sure the EU would never get away with such an approach.
Old 09-11-2016, 16:45   #2570
RizzyKing

Being called uneducated (which has been used by a few) or not college educated because of how you vote is insulting and also diminishes a vote that was made by someone and if i go by the circle of friends i have that voted it's completely inaccurate. Excuses can be and are made at election time and usually from the side that lost and are so blind to the faults in their belief they denigrate the vote others made.

Old 09-11-2016, 16:53   #2571
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by RizzyKing View Post
Being called uneducated (which has been used by a few) or not college educated because of how you vote is insulting and also diminishes a vote that was made by someone and if i go by the circle of friends i have that voted it's completely inaccurate. Excuses can be and are made at election time and usually from the side that lost and are so blind to the faults in their belief they denigrate the vote others made.
It's not insulting it's a demographic breakdown. It's not an excuse either.

Also you're not called 'not college educated' if you voted Brexit/Trump/whatever rather the numbers suggest that those groups make up a higher proportion of those who voted for those things. They are obviously people who vote that do not match that.

How are we meant to talk about these things if it's insulting to ever mention there are divides in the country?

People have different lives and experiences depending on their background, income, race, gender and religion.

Last edited by Damien; 09-11-2016 at 17:03.
Old 09-11-2016, 19:30   #2572
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

As some one who has had only 4 fights in their life (all at school over 30 years ago)

#isitok I want to punch the idiots how keep going on & on & on about the dam bus and their belief that the bus promised £350m to the NHS when it clearly didn't
Old 09-11-2016, 19:38   #2573
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars

Nicola "Jimmy Cranky" Sturgeon should practice what she preaches
Attached Images
File Type: jpg JC.jpg (20.2 KB, 15 views)
Old 09-11-2016, 19:43   #2574
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
As some one who has had only 4 fights in their life (all at school over 30 years ago)

#isitok I want to punch the idiots how keep going on & on & on about the dam bus and their belief that the bus promised £350m to the NHS when it clearly didn't
That's interesting but the debate I am on about is about people continually repeating factual inaccuracies when they have been warned by official bodies that they are incorrect. Saying that the UK sends £350m to Brussels every week is an example of such a statement.
I'm on about the ethics and looking forward, I hope the country improves in this area and learns from this situation.
Old 09-11-2016, 20:10   #2575
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

As regards factual inaccuracies no-one has said we send £350m per week to Brussels. All that has been said is that our total bill to Brussels equates to £350m per week.
Old 09-11-2016, 20:47   #2576
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
As regards factual inaccuracies no-one has said we send £350m per week to Brussels. All that has been said is that our total bill to Brussels equates to £350m per week.
Vote Leave has stated "We send £350m every week to the EU." No one else is disputing that point. Here's a tweet that evidences the claim: are.https://twitter.com/vote_leave/statu...26741712658432
Old 09-11-2016, 21:43   #2577
RizzyKing

Whatever the claim was the main point is was it effective in swinging votes no one I've spoken too even knew about it and i certainly missed it wasn't till it was brought up on here that i heard about it so doubtful it made much impact in voting intention. Would i prefer to live in a world of only truth being told absolutely but then I'd like to live in a world where bacon sarnies are mandatory for breakfast and both are as likely as the other. Unless the political system actually realises whats happening they will continue as is lying, misrepresenting and exaggerating things. Do i like it no i don't does it put me off voting yes it does but stopping it is beyond my ability.

Old 09-11-2016, 22:17   #2578
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

#isitok to bate the stupid yanks.

You know how Trump was demanding Obama prove he was born in the USA, and still didn't believe it when it was done.

Well some on on Facebook said imagine Trump was born in Russia.

Well on idiot said
Quote:
"He is a true American.
A beautiful American.
There are none who are more American.
In fact, he built the country with his own hands."
Well he's wrong & I replied

Quote:
No he's actually a immigrant like 99.9% of Americans, the only TRUE Americans are the Native American that have been murdered and had their land stolen
Percentage may not be accurate
Old 09-11-2016, 22:55   #2579
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

That text going around also said he's adopted. Some going as far as saying he was born into a Muslim family.
Old 10-11-2016, 07:15   #2580
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post

try posting in Klingon -the message might get through there's no point in trying to Klingon we are leaving .

its sad that all they have left as an argument is a bus with a slogan on it ding ding all aboard next stop- Brexit...