Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S Election 2016

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

U.S Election 2016
Closed Thread

Old 10-11-2016, 09:20   #961
figgyburn
Helter Skelter

Services: vm bbl.tvxl
figgyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to behold
Re: US Election 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
Seems to be plenty of demonstrations going on against Trump from (presumably) Clinton supporters who only a few days ago where all saying that Trump should accept the result as democracy at work instead of refusing to accept it
Seen this mob on tv this morning.Social justice warriors also known as rent-a- mob.Same mob that were on the streets protesting at the police shootings,at climate change demos,g8 meetings etc.we have the same morons here.God help the future generations if these clowns were to run the show.
Advertisement
Old 10-11-2016, 09:26   #962
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

This bit of commentary in my red top made me laugh this morning:

Quote:

THE American luvvies are in a right old strop, bless them.

The stars of Hollywood and the music industry turned out to support Clinton.

The likes of druggie Robert Downey Jnr, Scarlett Johansson and Mark Ruffalo made emotive videos demanding nobody should vote for the horrible, nasty, Donald Trump. Nobody took any notice, did they, Robert. No notice at all.

Meanwhile, more than 20 luvvies said they would actually leave the country if Trump won. The ghastly Amy Schumer, for example, said she’d move to Spain. While Neve Campbell, Chloe Sevigny and Lena Dunham said they’d head for Canada. Good, off you go, get those bags packed!

And have we seen the last of Katie Hopkins over here? She said that if Trump won she’d move to the USA. Oh, you’d need a heart of stone not to laugh your head off.
Linky

Same over here with all those EU loving luvvies. They just don't get it.

Last edited by heero_yuy; 10-11-2016 at 09:26. Reason: typo
Old 10-11-2016, 11:24   #963
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by figgyburn View Post
Seen this mob on tv this morning.Social justice warriors also known as rent-a- mob.Same mob that were on the streets protesting at the police shootings,at climate change demos,g8 meetings etc.we have the same morons here.God help the future generations if these clowns were to run the show.
Protests are not a surprise, they would have happened if Hillary won too. But there is no doubt in my mind that some are organised and some of today's rowdy youth are just joining the bandwagon.

But to smash up peoples property and burn stuff is a step too far. Let them have their protests but attacking other people and their property is not the answer it won't change anything.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:41   #964
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Yeah protests are fine. That is also part of democracy. It would be different if Clinton or senior Democrats refused to accept the result but they're not. Clinton conceded quickly, give a gracious speech, Obama invited him to the White House as per tradition and both give statements about unifying behind the next President.

They can protest and work to defeat him at a local level, at the mid-terms in two years and try and make him a one-term President. Some protesters can say 'not my President' but I imagine the inauguration will go ahead anyway.....

Last edited by Damien; 10-11-2016 at 11:52.
Old 10-11-2016, 11:57   #965
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Yeah protests are fine. That is also part of democracy. It would be different if Clinton or senior Democrats refused to accept the result but they're not. Clinton conceded quickly, give a gracious speech, Obama invited him to the White House as per tradition and both give statements about unifying behind the next President.

I mean some of the protesters are saying 'not my President' but that isn't a thing. He will be. However they can protest and work to defeat him at a local level, at the mid-terms in two years and try and make him a one-term President.
Agreed but some are making calls for his assassination and this is just ridiculous and dangerous, all because of the refusal to accept the democratic result.

---------- Post added at 11:57 ---------- Previous post was at 11:53 ----------

For those who missed Clinton's concession speech,

It was gracious, like Trump Victory speech was earlier that day. (Need to scroll to 6 minutes in for Hillary if you don't want to see Tim Kaine speech)
Old 10-11-2016, 12:23   #966
Jimmy-J
as common as muck

Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array
Jimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze arrayJimmy-J has a bronze array

Quote:

They can protest and work to defeat him at a local level, at the mid-terms in two years and try and make him a one-term President. Some protesters can say 'not my President' but I imagine the inauguration will go ahead anyway.....
I imagine there'll be massive protests on that day.

Old 10-11-2016, 12:50   #967
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

To be fair, Americans have form on this if they don't agree with who is elected, including some broadcasters...

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-my-president/

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/column-o...-my-president/

https://www.google.co.uk/url?sa=t&rc...wBviOwFXOf8AMg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worl...ashington.html

The election is over, the people have spoken, they now need to make it work for everyone.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Old 10-11-2016, 14:04   #968
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Wow, it all happens while I'm away...

I think the same thing happened there as in the UK with the mainstream media and pundits not really believing that there's as much frustration and anger outside of their cosseted little world as there evidently is. I don't think they really listen to people but tend to write off those who dare to have a different view on life as a mad, prejudiced, minority who don't matter. As a result of this delusional behaviour there's now a phenomenon known as GBBE - Gordon Brown Bigot Effect - and we've seen it in action with UKIP/Brexit and now we're seeing it in action again in the US. This is what happens when growing swathes of the electorate turn away from those who either disregard their views or cynically promise what they know they have no intention of delivering, backed up by the plethora of vastly rich holier than thou 'celebrities' who've done rather well out of the status quo.

Anyway, lets see how many of those who shouted out how they'd leave the US if Trump was elected will actually do so. I wonder if they'll outnumber their high profile UK 'Remainer' counterparts who're so ashamed and are no doubt heading off to live in the politically stable and moderate EU Utopia in droves as I write...

Last edited by Osem; 10-11-2016 at 14:09.
Old 10-11-2016, 14:33   #969
nomadking
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media TV&BB 350Mb, V6 STB
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array
nomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze arraynomadking has a bronze array

People are fed up with their concerns not being addressed and that they are simply dismissed as an -ist of one sort or another. The high number of female and minority voters for Trump demonstrate that it wasn't the Trump voters that were an -ist. All the anti-Trump whingers saying that groups X, Y, and Z wouldn't vote for Trump just went to show that it was groups X, Y, and Z that were -ist. Eg Women would vote for Clinton simply because she's a woman, Mexicans wouldn't vote for Trump because of what he had said, Puerto Ricans wouldn't vote for him because he questioned Puerto Rico getting US money.
Old 10-11-2016, 14:52   #970
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Anyway, lets see how many of those who shouted out how they'd leave the US if Trump was elected will actually do so.
Paul Daniels, Frank Bruno, Andrew Lloyd Webber, Jim Davison all promised to leave the UK if Labour won the '97 election. None of them did it, which outraged those who it convinced to vote Labour!

Anyway let's hope Trump didn't mean 90% of what he spouted. Has the wall started yet (good news for brickies)? Is Hillary in chains? Will all Muslims be banned from entry ?

Only consolation is not living there.
Old 10-11-2016, 15:49   #971
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

And there's the disconnect. He has to mean what he says as that is what got him elected no?
Old 10-11-2016, 16:00   #972
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Nothing wrong with peaceful protests but sadly there are always some who are always very keen to hijack these protests and damage people properties which is totally unacceptable.
Old 10-11-2016, 16:33   #973
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
And there's the disconnect. He has to mean what he says as that is what got him elected no?
I honestly think it was inspite of his policies/gaffs he got elected. The main attraction being that he isn't Hilary or part of the Washington establishment. One Republican last night looked quite embarrased when questioned about some of the policies. He said the wall was probably a 'metaphorical' wall, not a real one ! Be hilarious if he really does mean it, 2000 miles long with machine gun towers and maybe a luxury hotel built in It'll make the Berlin wall look pathetic.
Old 10-11-2016, 16:34   #974
figgyburn
Helter Skelter

Services: vm bbl.tvxl
figgyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to beholdfiggyburn is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post
Wow, it all happens while I'm away...

I think the same thing happened there as in the UK with the mainstream media and pundits not really believing that there's as much frustration and anger outside of their cosseted little world as there evidently is. I don't think they really listen to people but tend to write off those who dare to have a different view on life as a mad, prejudiced, minority who don't matter. As a result of this delusional behaviour there's now a phenomenon known as GBBE - Gordon Brown Bigot Effect - and we've seen it in action with UKIP/Brexit and now we're seeing it in action again in the US. This is what happens when growing swathes of the electorate turn away from those who either disregard their views or cynically promise what they know they have no intention of delivering, backed up by the plethora of vastly rich holier than thou 'celebrities' who've done rather well out of the status quo.

Anyway, lets see how many of those who shouted out how they'd leave the US if Trump was elected will actually do so. I wonder if they'll outnumber their high profile UK 'Remainer' counterparts who're so ashamed and are no doubt heading off to live in the politically stable and moderate EU Utopia in droves as I write...
Same luvvies who said they would take in "refugees" to their notting hill mansions.how's that pledge going?
Old 10-11-2016, 16:37   #975
papa smurf
vox populi vox dei

Services: every thing
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars
papa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny starspapa smurf has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by figgyburn View Post
Same luvvies who said they would take in "refugees" to their notting hill mansions.how's that pledge going?
they are ideas people