Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 21-05-2014, 13:03   #616
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
Hhhmmm I tried amazon and found the choice lacking so this would help a lot.
Some have said the same of Netflix, but both are working hard to increase content here in the UK.
Advertisement
Old 21-05-2014, 13:20   #617
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Not really applicable in my case, as I've said I use the us Netflix.

I must admit tho if I was only able to use the uk one like my dad does on his TiVo I wouldn't bother with it. Or amazon.
Old 22-05-2014, 19:23   #618
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Regarding WWE Network this was posted on dspy "That seems to be happening actually. Talk of Summerslam being the target for launching the network in the UK rather than waiting til the end of the year." http://forums.digitalspy.co.uk/showp...postcount=2562
Old 23-05-2014, 15:40   #619
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Netflix plans £100m epic on the Queen.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...n-peter-morgan
Old 23-05-2014, 17:40   #620
kandinsky
cf.member

kandinsky is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Netflix plans £100m epic on the Queen.

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...n-peter-morgan
Freddie?

Old 23-05-2014, 21:02   #621
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
That's more like it! Hopefully this arrangement will soon be available over here as well. Let's hope that VM's proposal to bring Amazon Instant to our TIVO boxes gains traction soon.

Given how far behind we are with the Sky Atlantic shows, I would be happy to gain access to them three years after the first showings (although I was hoping for two years!).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/t...HBO-shows.html

Amazon ramps up Netflix competition with HBO shows
A deal between Amazon and HBO has made the network's older shows available to stream.

The rivalry between American TV subscription network HBO and entertainment streaming service Netflix has intensified as HBO revealed they were partnering with Amazon to stream content online for the first time through a subscription.
In February Amazon released a Netflix-style service that allowed Prime and LoveFilm subscribers to benefit from their new merged service, Amazon Instant Video, which provided streams of 15,000 films and TV shows.
The deal with HBO will enable Amazon Prime Instants subscribers in America to watch older HBO shows such as The Wire and The Sopranos through the retail giant's service. However, no HBO shows that have been made recently, including Game of Thrones, which is so popular with online viewers that it has broken illegal download records, will be part of the service until three years after they were originally shown.
Classic HBO series such as Sex and the City, Entourage and Curb Your Enthusiasm will not be available on Amazon either because they are linked to US cable networks.
However, the move does give Amazon more weight in the currently one-sided market of streaming services. Netflix has always maintained that it aspires to be as popular and successful as HBO, which currently shares no content with the service. In a recent letter to shareholders, Netflix executives outlined that the service was second only to HBO for offering the best original programming according to a Morgan Stanley survey, but were "eager to close the gap" between HBO's 130 million subscribers and Netflix's 50 million.
Related Articles
Netflix subscription to rise after making $1 billion in streaming 22 Apr 2014
Russia raises a glass to prosecco RBTH
In America, Amazon Instant Video subscribers will be able to watch HBO content from May 21.
Hopefully, this will be excellent news for those that want to watch HBO content and cut out Sky.

I long since gave up on being an early adopter and would be perfectly happy to wait two or three years for any HBO stuff that I want to see. I don't have enough time to watch what I record as it is!

Those that don't want to wait have probably watched the shows illegally anyway.

The TV station BFBS shows Game Of Thrones btw. It is encrypted on satellite with Irdeto and Cryptoworks, but both appear to have been hacked.
Old 23-05-2014, 21:08   #622
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

I saw now TV boxes form£14.99 in sainsburys (Biggleswade) today with 4 months entertainment passes included.

An option for those desperate for some sky Atlantic action I guess. Just for info mind.
Old 23-05-2014, 22:28   #623
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by dilli-theclaw View Post
I saw now TV boxes form£14.99 in sainsburys (Biggleswade) today with 4 months entertainment passes included.

An option for those desperate for some sky Atlantic action I guess. Just for info mind.
Be careful with Sky they like to disable Nowtv accounts even though they claim Nowtv is a different entity. Happened to me, they restored after a bit of messing around waitd until i bought the movie pass n entertainment pass then disabled the account again with no refund.
Old 24-05-2014, 00:14   #624
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Be careful with Sky they like to disable Nowtv accounts even though they claim Nowtv is a different entity. Happened to me, they restored after a bit of messing around waitd until i bought the movie pass n entertainment pass then disabled the account again with no refund.
Oh no, I thought you'd got it sorted out
Old 24-05-2014, 01:42   #625
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Oh no, I thought you'd got it sorted out
So did i mate but screw them i'm pretty sure amazon or wukai will appreciate my money instead (i'm already with netflix lol).
Old 28-05-2014, 22:34   #626
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

This was interesting ,

Amazon acquires UK rights for Halle Berry sci-fi drama Extant

http://www.theguardian.com/media/201...-sci-fi-extant

I believe Amazon and Netflix sent buyers to the LA Screenings last year this could be the start of things to come.
Old 29-05-2014, 19:13   #627
kgollop
cf.geek

Services: VIP Bundle, with 350Mb BB and 2 x V6 boxes
kgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation erakgollop has entered a golden reputation era

Apologies if already answered, where on earth is My List on the new Netflix TIVO app?

Scratch that, have added a new program to my list and it's now appeared along with all my old entries!
Old 30-05-2014, 07:51   #628
steveh
Inactive

steveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of lightsteveh is a glorious beacon of light

Sometimes if there's a temporary problem My List doesn't appear - happens on the Netflix Android app too.
Old 31-05-2014, 07:37   #629
johnholmes
Inactive

johnholmes is an unknown quantity at this point

Is the Virgin Media Tivo box a Super HD compatible device?
How do I tell if it is streaming in Super HD?
Many thanks for any answer.
Old 31-05-2014, 08:21   #630
nicknewark
Inactive

Services: V6 Tivo, Virgin BB, Freesat, NowTV. PS4 Pro
nicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation eranicknewark has entered a golden reputation era

if you press the Info button on TIVO while streaming it shows you what your streaming at, I watched Breaking Bad last night and achieved 1080p super HD.

I can also select the Info button on my TV remote and this also indicates the picture ratio being received.
Closed Thread