Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | HDMI socket on a SCIENTIFIC ATLANTA has stopped working...

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Lip Sync Problems

Old 20-02-2012, 16:13   #1
Goldylocks
Inactive

Goldylocks is an unknown quantity at this point
Lip Sync Problems

Hi there, I am new to this forum and am wondering if anyone can help or advise me. I have Hd TV conected to my virgin HD box via HDMI cable. My surround sound amp is connected to the VB via optical cable. I am having real problems with lip sync whether it is watching tv or a video everything starts fine then after about 30 minutes the lip sync is so noticable it becomes very annoying to say the least. to remedy this I reboot the sound system but after about another 30 minutes we have the same problem. Because of this I assumed that the problem lay with the amp but have since read that it could be the cable box or even the TV. I am thoroughly confused and really do not know which is causing the problem. Has anyone out there experienced the same problem and fixed it. I would appreciate any help.
Goldylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 20-02-2012, 16:16   #2
Perfect Choice
cf.geek

Services: Maxit TV, M phone, 200MB BB, V6 TIVO, Super Hub3
Perfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to beholdPerfect Choice is a splendid one to behold
Re: Lip Sync Problems

Have that problem now on ITV1 HD (believe it is a problem more than just VM as impacting Sky customers as well for that specific channel). But all my other channels are fine.

If you are seeing it on all channels then sounds equipment based, not my area of expertise so will let others provide you with any help you can.
Perfect Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-02-2012, 18:07   #3
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

If rebooting the amp temporarily fixes it, it seems likely the problem lies there. Check the manufacturer's website to see if there's a firmware update available.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 00:15   #4
Goldylocks
Inactive

Goldylocks is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks Spiderplant but have just done a firmware update
Goldylocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 08:14   #5
nwhear
Inactive

nwhear is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi

this is quite common as the picture takes longer to process than the audio.

Most cinema sound systems have a facillity to to add a delay to the audio processing to get sync. (mine is a B&W Panorama sound bar).

To set it, turn on BOTH the sound system AND the TV speakers and you will get a noticable echo adjust the delay on your sound system until no more (or most minimal) echo and that should be it done!

Hope that helps
nwhear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 08:36   #6
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

Processing delays don't explain why it gets worse the longer Goldylocks' amp is on. It must be decoding the audio slightly slower than it is coming in so the buffers fill up. It's not a problem I've heard of before.

Perhaps you could speak to the manufacturer's tech support department, Goldylocks.
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 09:03   #7
nwhear
Inactive

Maybe it gets worse subjectivly as the eye notices it and then lock on so to speak.

I agree though I cant explain the increasing delay with time on from the electronic point of view
Old 21-02-2012, 14:16   #8
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

Hi Goldylocks

What make is your Cinema system... mine is a Samsung HT-TZ225 and I have the same problem (HD out of sync)... but I run the optical cable from the TV to the TiVo box. I will try to connect straight to the TiVo Box and see if this makes a difference. In the settings on the Samsung Home Cinema there is a menu for delaying the sound in miliseconds but it appears that when they speak the sound is delayed anyway?

Pherhaps I will try a Toslink Optical Cable upgrade.
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 14:56   #9
telepest
Inactive

Services: B.B. 100. TV mix. V6 box. Phone M V+ HD 1tb Tivo
telepest is on a distinguished roadtelepest is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard s View Post
Hi Goldylocks

What make is your Cinema system... mine is a Samsung HT-TZ225 and I have the same problem (HD out of sync)... but I run the optical cable from the TV to the TiVo box. I will try to connect straight to the TiVo Box and see if this makes a difference. In the settings on the Samsung Home Cinema there is a menu for delaying the sound in miliseconds but it appears that when they speak the sound is delayed anyway?

Pherhaps I will try a Toslink Optical Cable upgrade.
?? TIVO optical is out! most tvs have come across are also optical out!
am i right you have, optical out from TV to optical out TIVO? dont think thats right. i also have samsung theatre system, TIVO optical out to samsung. have NO lypsync probs at all including ITV which many ppl complain about.
telepest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-2012, 14:58   #10
nwhear
Inactive

I conect straight from the V+HD and the voice (audio) will still be in advance of the video because the cinema system takes less time to process the audio that the TV to process the video.

The ONLy way to correct the problem (if you connect like this) is to increase the delay in audio processing and most cinema systems allow for this.

In my system the Panorama delays the audio by 400ms almost to ensure sync
There is lots on this topic on the AV forums BTW
Old 22-02-2012, 12:50   #11
richard s
Permanently Banned

Services: Tivo XL 150mb broadband L phone
richard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful onerichard s is the helpful one

What I was supposed to have said is I have the TV out optical to the Home Cinema in optical, Sorry for the confusion. Its an age thing!!!
richard s is offline   Reply With Quote