Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Alternatives to Virgin Media > Sky TV, Sky+ & Sky Q
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Merged:-Comcast makes Bid for Sky

Old 10-06-2013, 05:43   #2146
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
Re: General Sky TV Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
That would work for me.

A broadband price war is what the UK needs.
You pay for what you get with broadband Chad and Sky's broadband is what it is and that's third rate generally in my experiences of it.
Old 10-06-2013, 05:45   #2147
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
You pay for what you get with broadband Chad and Sky's broadband is what it is and that's third rate generally in my experiences of it.
I disagree. I couldn't game with virgin connection, but could with the slower sky connection

So i was paying lots more with virgin for an inferior product

In my view, third rate = virgin.

And I have now experienced all the packages from the three main providers
colin25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 05:55   #2148
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin25 View Post
I disagree. I couldn't game with virgin connection, but could with the slower sky connection

So i was paying lots more with virgin for an inferior product

In my view, third rate = virgin.

And I have now experienced all the packages from the three main providers
Well each to their own opinion but we have rarely had a problem with our broadband as it runs very smoothly and it does what it says on the tin wherever my experiences of the other two have been simply no better then woeful and the speeds at times no faster then dial up.
Old 10-06-2013, 06:01   #2149
colin25
Inactive

Services: Sky Tv, BT infinity broadband - since 5 June 2013..oh, and a BT phone (BT infinityyyy and beyonddddd
colin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny starcolin25 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Well each to their own opinion but we have rarely had a problem with our broadband as it runs very smoothly and it does what it says on the tin wherever my experiences of the other two have been simply no better then woeful and the speeds at times no faster then dial up.
lol...doesn't that depend on what it says on the tin?

eg
"Do not use unless an emergency, line speeds fluctuate"
Old 10-06-2013, 18:59   #2150
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

BBC Red button news on Sky

Channels will be listed in EPG and recordable

BBC RB HD Sky channel 977 *
BBC RB 1 Sky channel 978 *
BBC RB 2 Sky channel 979 *
BBC RB 3 Sky channel 980 *

* Says subject to commercial agreement.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/abouttheb...-Button-summer
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2013, 19:15   #2151
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
BBC Red button news on Sky

Channels will be listed in EPG and recordable

BBC RB HD Sky channel 977 *
BBC RB 1 Sky channel 978 *
BBC RB 2 Sky channel 979 *
BBC RB 3 Sky channel 980 *

* Says subject to commercial agreement.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/abouttheb...-Button-summer
Thanks MM. That will great i think
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 10:10   #2152
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Sky Sports dedicates channel to the Ashes

http://corporate.sky.com/investors/p...y_sports_ashes
Old 13-06-2013, 11:06   #2153
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Sky Sports dedicates channel to the Ashes

http://corporate.sky.com/investors/p...y_sports_ashes
Gimmicky to say the least.
Old 13-06-2013, 13:47   #2154
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
agree. They're doing it a lot and it's pointless.

The F1 channel could be ditched and just put on the sports channels as most of the time it has nothing on.
coulsontom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 14:00   #2155
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by coulsontom View Post
agree. They're doing it a lot and it's pointless.

The F1 channel could be ditched and just put on the sports channels as most of the time it has nothing on.
Don't shoot the messenger , I don't even like cricket
Old 13-06-2013, 14:05   #2156
coulsontom
Inactive

coulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to beholdcoulsontom is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
I'm not. Ridiculing Sky
coulsontom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 14:15   #2157
colin25
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by coulsontom View Post
I'm not. Ridiculing Sky
Better to ridicule cricket...waste of energy game
Old 13-06-2013, 14:31   #2158
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
l would never have a go at the most revered CF member who is master to us all.
Old 13-06-2013, 14:51   #2159
Chad
cf.mega poster

Services: SKY Family, SKY Broadband Unlimited, YouView, Netflix, Amazon Instant Video, Boxnation
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star
Chad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny starChad has a nice shiny star

Whilst I'm not a fan of cricket, fans of specific sports have been asking for this type of thing.

Vrigin customers will be able to subscribe to SKY Sports Ashes for £15.50 per month, whilst SKY customers can get the channel for £13.00. What it means is cricket fans who don't currently have SKY Sports, or can't afford the full SKY Sports package, can enjoy a dedicated cricket channel from just £13.00.
Chad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2013, 15:12   #2160
colin25
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Whilst I'm not a fan of cricket, fans of specific sports have been asking for this type of thing.

Vrigin customers will be able to subscribe to SKY Sports Ashes for £15.50 per month, whilst SKY customers can get the channel for £13.00. What it means is cricket fans who don't currently have SKY Sports, or can't afford the full SKY Sports package, can enjoy a dedicated cricket channel from just £13.00.
Good point, there must be people who just want cricket