Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The iPhone thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The iPhone thread

Old 02-08-2010, 23:28   #1456
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Re: The iPhone thread

Yup. I've just done it... Just because I can.

Before JBing, I also used Umbrella to store my SHSH blobs locally:

http://thefirmwareumbrella.blogspot.com/

Jailbreakme.com... easiest Jailbreak I've ever used. Much quicker & simpler than Redsn0w & Blackra1n.

Although... given that it does it via the browser, it must be a rather dodgy hole which Apple will surely be fixing soon...

Cydia is so slow at the moment. Can't get anything to load. May just have to try & sort the rest out tomorrow.
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 02-08-2010, 23:45   #1457
zing_deleted

I loaded a source and downloaded the main app to help sync stuff lol
Old 03-08-2010, 09:33   #1458
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star

---------- Post added at 09:33 ---------- Previous post was at 09:31 ----------

Not sure if this has been posted already, apologies if it has but quick tip if you're on a 3G, 3GS, Ipod Touch and iOS4 and you're getting freezing, application crashing and/or slowdown problems, go into settings/general/home button/spotlight and turn off everything, seems to have worked for me.
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:36   #1459
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Just done the jailbreak to test it, took 5 mins, easy
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 19:14   #1460
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

I've read that there's allegedly a lot of this happening ...

Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 20:04   #1461
Bifta
Inactive

Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star
Bifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny starBifta has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post

</snip>
Ahaha, that's class, if only we had a local Apple store, or er .. shop that has live handsets.
Bifta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 17:37   #1462
banjo
Inactive

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

would anyone know if Virgin are going to do a micro sim, thanks
banjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:58   #1463
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

Guy responsible for the antenna desigbn resigns...

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2010/08..._leaves_apple/
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 13:43   #1464
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post

You can laugh, but that is technically vandalism. After all, it involves altering the system software in a device owned by someone else.

Would you feel the same way if they'd smashed a window?
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 13:50   #1465
zing_deleted

its been deemed legal in the USA though
Old 08-08-2010, 14:37   #1466
Stuart
-

Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
its been deemed legal in the USA though
So is writing on Walls. On stuff you own. My point is that these people are making changes to the os on devices they don't own.
Old 08-08-2010, 15:10   #1467
zing_deleted

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart C View Post
So is writing on Walls. On stuff you own. My point is that these people are making changes to the os on devices they don't own.

yes I agree I totally misinterpreted the picture lol I though people were going in an jailbreaking their Iphones using apples wifi or something. Guess I look thick now lol
Old 08-08-2010, 16:16   #1468
Stuart
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by zing View Post
yes I agree I totally misinterpreted the picture lol I though people were going in an jailbreaking their Iphones using apples wifi or something. Guess I look thick now lol
In fairness, it could be.. I might be wrong.
Old 08-08-2010, 17:50   #1469
zing_deleted

no if you look at the picture their appear to be a secon wire looping towards the phone. I think this could be the anti theft wire perhaps?
Old 08-08-2010, 19:54   #1470
banjo
Inactive

banjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud ofbanjo has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjo View Post
would anyone know if Virgin are going to do a micro sim, thanks
Anyone
banjo is offline   Reply With Quote