Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | The iPhone thread

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Science & Technology
Register FAQ Community Calendar

The iPhone thread

Old 14-11-2010, 15:03   #1561
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: The iPhone thread

It should be fixed in the next iOS update, which should hopefully be with us in a few days.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-11-2010, 16:20   #1562
Tezcatlipoca
Inactive

Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars
Tezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny starsTezcatlipoca has a pair of shiny stars

Could be another week or two, from what I've read.

iOS4.2 was supposedly due this week, but has been delayed due to a WiFi connectivity bug with the iPad. So now we have to wait a bit longer for the new build to be tested...
Tezcatlipoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-11-2010, 23:58   #1563
nffc
cf.mega poster

Services: Freeview, Sky+, 100 Mb/s VM BB, mega i7 PC, iPhone 13, Macbook Air
nffc has a nice shiny star
nffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny starnffc has a nice shiny star

It fixed itself surprisingly enough when the USA went out of DST.

nffc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 11:22   #1564
AndyCambs
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media XL Broadband XL Virgin Mobile V+ installed! and a happy Virgin Media customer
AndyCambs has reached the bronze age
AndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze ageAndyCambs has reached the bronze age

And we all know that the US is the centre of the universe..
(or should that be center...?)
AndyCambs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 18:26   #1565
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Please help me! Im finaly all set up but have a few questions..

1. I go to write a new text message. I select the person from contacts.
How then do I go and start writing my message. I would gather it is underneath but it isnt letting me.

2. Is there a sent items folder. I cant find it.

Thanks.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2010, 18:45   #1566
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star

You should click in the space to the left of the send button to type your message.

There is no sent folder as texts are displayed as conversations. A much better idea IMO.
Old 15-11-2010, 19:34   #1567
Halcyon
Hello !

Services: Sky, AppleTV, Netflix
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars
Halcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered starsHalcyon is seeing silvered stars

Thanks, It seems to be working. I like the look of the conversations.

Halcyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-2010, 21:22   #1568
superbiatch
Inactive

Services: Sky+, Sky Broadband and Talk
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
superbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny starsuperbiatch has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to superbiatch

My 3G is playing up and I'm in contract until June (although i do have insurance!). When someone calls me or I call them, for the first maybe 10 seconds there is a noise on the line which can only be described as if there is water on the line swishing or someone is mixing on the decks - HELP!
superbiatch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2010, 14:40   #1569
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

iOS 4.2 will be out later today, probably about 1800

As well as the other gubbins you can now get findmyphone in case you lose your iPhone (or iPad, iPod Touch) and want to track it on GPS or remotely wipe it.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2010, 14:44   #1570
haydnwalker
Inactive

Services: TV:Sky+, BB:DRL VDSL2 40/10 with Ask4, Phone:Mobile Only
haydnwalker has reached the bronze age
haydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze agehaydnwalker has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by superbiatch View Post
My 3G is playing up and I'm in contract until June (although i do have insurance!). When someone calls me or I call them, for the first maybe 10 seconds there is a noise on the line which can only be described as if there is water on the line swishing or someone is mixing on the decks - HELP!
I would contact the insurance people - its a quite common problem with the speaker connections after the phones been dropped (same happened to my external speakers on my original 2G) and for £25 excess the insurance replaced it with a 3G - and I invested in a decent rubber cover).
haydnwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2010, 15:15   #1571
LSainsbury

Services: TV: Sky HD, Landline: BT, Mobile: Orange, Internet: Quite Slow!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
iOS 4.2 will be out later today, probably about 1800

As well as the other gubbins you can now get findmyphone in case you lose your iPhone (or iPad, iPod Touch) and want to track it on GPS or remotely wipe it.

Errr - how do you know that? Link???? Is your name Arthur??
Old 22-11-2010, 15:19   #1572
Derek
Inactive

Services: SkyHD and Broadband
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars
Derek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny starsDerek has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSainsbury View Post
Errr - how do you know that? Link???? Is your name Arthur??
is your friend.

Anyway I just know, trust me I'm a Doctor
Well maybe not but trust me anyway

---------- Post added at 15:18 ---------- Previous post was at 15:17 ----------

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/11/22ios.html

---------- Post added at 15:19 ---------- Previous post was at 15:18 ----------

Quote:
The Find My iPhone (or iPad or iPod touch) feature is now free to use without a MobileMe℠ subscription and helps you locate your missing device.* The Find My iPhone app is a free download on the App Store℠ and lets users easily locate a missing device on a map and have it display a message or play a sound. Users can even remotely lock or wipe data from a lost device to protect privacy.
Derek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2010, 15:32   #1573
LSainsbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek View Post
is your friend.

Anyway I just know, trust me I'm a Doctor
Well maybe not but trust me anyway

---------- Post added at 15:18 ---------- Previous post was at 15:17 ----------

http://www.apple.com/pr/library/2010/11/22ios.html

---------- Post added at 15:19 ---------- Previous post was at 15:18 ----------

Don't give me any of that Google is your friend rubbish - I know how to use it! And anyway it's been rumoured for weeks - just wondered how you knew exactly today!

Just gone to the Apple site and yes it's now available.

No doubt I'll be getting a call tonight from up the road when it goes titsup!
Old 22-11-2010, 19:06   #1574
tucker61
Inactive

Services: Vivid200, v6, full house tv pack
tucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nicetucker61 is just really nice

Updating now, so slow. 608.7 mb for iPod touch version.
tucker61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-11-2010, 19:37   #1575
LSainsbury

Quote:
Originally Posted by tucker61 View Post
Updating now, so slow. 608.7 mb for iPod touch version.
And they have the audacity to call Windows a bloated old dog!