Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | I have a job interview tomorrow with virgin media for a cable guy

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

I have a job interview tomorrow with virgin media for a cable guy

Old 24-04-2011, 09:09   #196
rockyfozz
Inactive

Services: VM XL HD TV, VM 20meg broadband, VM M phone package
rockyfozz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: I have a job interview tomorrow with virgin media for a cable guy

Hi PJ,

Im kind of annoyed really, because they just sent me an email saying that i havent been successful. I could do this job with my eyes closed!! The interviewing system in my opinion does not work effectively, you cannot judge a person from the other end of a phone, i dont care what anyone says.

Im always dressed smart and speak clear and always very nice to customers, unlike the VM field tech that was at my house the other day, when asked if he would like a drink, NAH, was the answer, not no thanks, and trying to make conversation with him was like trying to speak to a brick wall, and i had to go back over his work as he left the cables in a **** state.

I have since found work elsewhere fitting smart meters, the work load is less you get paid more and the hours are better!!
rockyfozz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-04-2011, 19:16   #197
pop_gun
Inactive

pop_gun is an unknown quantity at this point

I have no installation experience, but i'm a quick learner.
what do i need to know to impress a prospective employer?

I was thinking about trying work experience in this field but
i don't know who to apply to. can anyone help?
pop_gun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-2011, 19:48   #198
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Virgin has a great apprentichip scheme, not many places doing them.

http://careers.virginmedia.com/
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2011, 20:18   #199
D3ranged
Inactive

D3ranged is an unknown quantity at this point

I got turned down last year for the London intake, but a month later got taken on by a bank doing structured cabling and server support for better money.
A friend decided to move to Virgin from Demon and they told him they could take over his domain email redirection, blackberry etc, etc (was ******** but he believed)
After the guy who possibly got the job I never came to install, couldnt get the internet to work, "borrowed" the scart lead from the DVD player because he didnt (or sold) the HDMI lead he is supposed to supply, stayed 3 hours faffing about (by now 3 of them there) and all left dead on 5pm leaving just the wifi connecting intermittently and the crucial pc's and network without any connections, also couldnt work out which phone pair to use so his line is still with BT, his internet with Demon and they expect him to pay? 4 days of calls to the helpdesk and he still had no engineer out to finish the install.
I went there and fixed it in 20 mins, but as they cannot do the promised domain email redirection and he'll still have to pay Demon, i switched it all back and virgin can come collect their kit, he's also cancelled the debit.
So hey Virgin, your islington install team are pants, yet me, who you never trained can do the job...oh, and you've also lost me as a customer, Sky offer a better TV, phone and BB pack for less.
No I'm not sore because of not getting the first jo, but they promised to contact me within 3 months for the second intake but couldnt be bothered....just like they cant be bothered to train their installers...hence paying Kelly lots of money to do the job properly
D3ranged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2011, 17:06   #200
Dukefever
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV, XL BB, M Phone, 1GB Tivo + V HD box (Premiere)
Dukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about them

I am in again before deadline day. 3rd time lucky
Dukefever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2011, 14:36   #201
jd180
Inactive

jd180 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi , 1st post how are people getting on working for VM.?
Recently applied and am waiting to hear back

JD
jd180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:59   #202
Nick196
Inactive

Nick196 is an unknown quantity at this point

I went to the assessment day last Friday in Nottingham. I've not heard anything back yet.
Nick196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-05-2011, 11:17   #203
yamma1
Inactive

yamma1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi guys, new here to the forum. great place i must say.

I have passed the two telephone interviews with vm ad have a 3rd and final assessment day next month.

I see people saying that its an ok day and stuff, but im told i have to do a presentation of some sort. does someone had this? does anyone know whats it all about?

thankyou
yamma1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 13:08   #204
Dave813
Inactive

Dave813 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys. I need some help.

I've got my assessment on June 14th with VM. I haven't got a clue what to do my presentation on. I was thinking about doing it on football and the history of Manchester United, as I'm from Manchester and support United. The reason I'm not doing my presentation on football is because I wouldn't want the job to go to somebody else, because there is/was a City supporter on the recruitment team. I'm actually bricking myself and would really appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

Dave
Dave813 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2011, 22:00   #205
Dukefever
Inactive

Dukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about themDukefever has a spectacular aura about them

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave813 View Post
Hey guys. I need some help.

I've got my assessment on June 14th with VM. I haven't got a clue what to do my presentation on. I was thinking about doing it on football and the history of Manchester United, as I'm from Manchester and support United. The reason I'm not doing my presentation on football is because I wouldn't want the job to go to somebody else, because there is/was a City supporter on the recruitment team. I'm actually bricking myself and would really appreciate your help.

Thanks in advance.

Dave
You don't have worry about a Citeh fan, it would be any football fan that would dislike it. Stick to something you are trained or experienced in. Where is your assessment day at?
Old 09-06-2011, 23:01   #206
Dave813
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dukefever View Post
You don't have worry about a Citeh fan, it would be any football fan that would dislike it. Stick to something you are trained or experienced in. Where is your assessment day at?
It's in Manchester at Roundthorn Industrial Estate. The job I had before applying for VM, I was a Solar panel installation engineer/Roof inspector. I doubt they'd want to hear about the installation of solar panels and exactly how they work. I could be wrong, they may well be very interested about it. I'm just begining to worry about it now and need idea's fast!

Thanks again.

Dave
Old 13-06-2011, 14:04   #207
JimK22
Inactive

JimK22 is an unknown quantity at this point

See u there tomz mate
JimK22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-06-2011, 19:06   #208
Dave813
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimK22 View Post
See u there tomz mate
Haha. I sorted my presentation out. See you tomorrow mate.
Old 17-06-2011, 17:15   #209
Dukefever
Inactive

Just got back from my assessment day. really enjoyed it. Not sure if I will be in with a shout but loved it.

It was really relaxing, interview was my worst point I think. Reckon I dribbled on too much without answering the questions with any structure. Seemed a good bunch of people.
Old 22-06-2011, 10:14   #210
dovwilson
Inactive

dovwilson is an unknown quantity at this point

just had my assessment day yesterday,now just sitting watching the phone.if i get the green light ive got to go to stockton on tees for 2 and a half weeks training.does anyone know what that in tales?
dovwilson is offline   Reply With Quote