Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | General TiVo Discussion Part 2

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

General TiVo Discussion Part 2
Closed Thread

Old 28-09-2011, 12:35   #5071
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era
Re: General TiVo Discussion Part 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Remind me who we are talking about?
Claire and Jenny my man.
Advertisement
Old 28-09-2011, 14:15   #5072
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

Any news about bbc red button and sky sports red button on tivo. Will they be coming in a small update this year ? According to this there will be small updates after the big update.
Quote:
Bcfc,

As I've said in a separate post, the introduction of new features to TiVo planned for the second half of this year will not come all in a single update.

I just hope to set expectations because it seems that a rumour has been heavily perpetuated on this board that there is one all encompassing update to come. In actuality, there will be a large update, but other feature updates will follow very soon after this update (as their introduction had the update itself as a dependency).

Nick
Nick Ontiveros
TV Strategy, Digital Entertainment
http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/...ht/true#M17402
I will only get Tivo when they announce when sky sports red button is coming.
Old 28-09-2011, 14:19   #5073
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by HD Boy View Post
Any news about bbc red button and sky sports red button on tivo.
Any news will be posted to the Community Forum.
Old 28-09-2011, 16:03   #5074
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Services: Triple XL (30MB) Sky Sports and Sky Movies, Sky Premium HD , 1TB TiVo , V HD
HD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of lightHD Boy is a glorious beacon of light

free activation for tivo 500gb is on the virgin media website starts tomorrow. If you click it goes to the old offer which ends today
http://shop.virginmedia.com/existing-customers.html
So i think in total you will be paying £ 40 for installation £ 9.95 less than it is currently. It does not mention the 1TB tivo which I think activation fee might be £49.95 less than is currently so it might be £50 and then £ 40 installation. So i think in total you might pay £ 90 for the 1TB tivo 9.95 less than it is currently
It has now been removed from the virgin media website
Old 28-09-2011, 16:47   #5075
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

As I said before, there is no point in speculating. It will be fully updated tomorrow with the changed pricing struture

Thanks for pointing out that image has gone up early though
Old 28-09-2011, 16:59   #5076
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Ben is this true ?

Old 28-09-2011, 17:08   #5077
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

No it's not. Sky Premium HD is only 'free' with VIP 50 and VIP 100
Old 28-09-2011, 17:10   #5078
HD Boy
Permanently Banned

Could Sky Premium HD be free with tivo from tomorrow ?
Old 28-09-2011, 17:10   #5079
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

No
Old 28-09-2011, 17:10   #5080
borrissey
Inactive

Services: 152meg BB. XL TV, Sky Sports and Sky Movies (HD), 1TB TiVo and a 500GB TiVo box.
borrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation eraborrissey has entered a golden reputation era

Will existing TIVO and Prem HD customers get the £7 charge dropped?
Old 28-09-2011, 17:12   #5081
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

No you won't. The Sky Premium HD pricing is not changing (except for those with multiple HD charges as previously discussed). I have flagged that incorrect information is being provided
Old 28-09-2011, 17:13   #5082
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by borrissey View Post
Will existing TIVO and Prem HD customers get the £7 charge dropped?
I would not think so?
Old 28-09-2011, 17:14   #5083
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
No you won't. The Sky Premium HD pricing is not changing (except for those with multiple HD charges as previously discussed). I have flagged that incorrect information is being provided
there was me believing Claire.
Old 28-09-2011, 17:18   #5084
borrissey
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Shame at least the charge per box is being dropped...
Old 28-09-2011, 17:19   #5085
Dave42
cf.mega poster

Services: V.I.P 120 tivo and v+
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze
Dave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronzeDave42 is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
there was me believing Claire.
well remember MM VM still got to pay sky for sky premium HD they could not give it everyone free hope the mistaking information is sorted soon only way can get it free is VIP 50 or VIP 100 package and vip 50 is well worth the money IMHO and even better value you now premium HD going to per account instead of per box
Closed Thread