Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.


Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service

Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 06-12-2017, 19:15   #3526
muppetman11
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 10,905
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

I'm pretty sure the BBC isn't allowed to do that so I'm not sure that tweet is correct.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2017, 19:57   #3527
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Services: Virgin Media TV XL Virgin Media Phone Line Virgin Media 150Mbps Broadband
Posts: 1,361
Gavin-D has a fine set of QuadsGavin-D has a fine set of QuadsGavin-D has a fine set of QuadsGavin-D has a fine set of QuadsGavin-D has a fine set of QuadsGavin-D has a fine set of QuadsGavin-D has a fine set of QuadsGavin-D has a fine set of QuadsGavin-D has a fine set of QuadsGavin-D has a fine set of QuadsGavin-D has a fine set of QuadsGavin-D has a fine set of QuadsGavin-D has a fine set of QuadsGavin-D has a fine set of Quads
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
That is shocking...the other provider being Sky lol
And the 100 plus TV's it is compatible with plus the 2017 Roku stick....
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 03:39   #3528
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,504
RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

YouTube has been pulled from some devices in a tit for tat retaliation spat with Amazon. Could this be the reason why VM had to halt the addition of Amazon??

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUSKBN1DZ37O
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:47   #3529
nialli
cf.geek
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: Greenwich, SE10
Services: Virgin Media Broadband, TV and Phone; Netflix; NowTV Entertainment; Apple Music
Posts: 658
nialli has a brilliant futurenialli has a brilliant futurenialli has a brilliant futurenialli has a brilliant futurenialli has a brilliant futurenialli has a brilliant futurenialli has a brilliant futurenialli has a brilliant futurenialli has a brilliant futurenialli has a brilliant futurenialli has a brilliant futurenialli has a brilliant future
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultimate.Conj View Post
That is shocking...the other provider being Sky lol
Not convinced that VM tweet is fully informed.
__________________
For news and debate on Virgin Media's high definition and TiVo services visit: http://www.vmhd.blogspot.com
nialli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 10:53   #3530
MyBraiNz
cf.member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 4
MyBraiNz is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

The new Virgin TV GO on Chrome..

BROWSER NOT SUPPORTED


Streaming live and On Demand TV does not currently work on Chrome or Firefox.

We are working hard to resolve this issue, but in the meantime please use Microsoft Edge or Internet Explorer if you’re on Windows, or Safari if you’re on a Mac.

We are sorry for any inconvenience.


I'll get back in bed now, still got the flu
MyBraiNz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 11:12   #3531
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Manchester
Services: Virgin Media V6 and TiVo, Full House TV, VIVID 300
Posts: 16,224
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Yes. Chrome support (and Firefox support) should be available next week.
__________________
I work for Virgin Media but all views are my own.
BenMcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 11:32   #3532
OLD BOY
Experience is everything
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wokingham
Services: 2 V6 boxes; Full House with Sky Cinema; Now TV, Amazon and Netflix; VM broadband and landline
Posts: 5,398
OLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appeal
OLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appeal
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post



As explained, he didn't watch them. Are you in the habit of calling dead people thieves? Please don't cause further offence by suggesting that Chads mother is a liar or a thief.


Don't be dramatic, Richard. I am merely saying that if you have watched something without paying, you should pay for it and not be 'let off' to keep their custom.

As for whether there is some sort of technical glitch that indicates that someone has watched a film when they haven't, I couldn't possibly comment. It's never happened to me or any of my acquaintences who have VM, that's all I can say about that.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 13:46   #3533
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,504
RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Don't be dramatic, Richard. I am merely saying that if you have watched something without paying, you should pay for it and not be 'let off' to keep their custom.

As for whether there is some sort of technical glitch that indicates that someone has watched a film when they haven't, I couldn't possibly comment. It's never happened to me or any of my acquaintences who have VM, that's all I can say about that.
But, as you were made fully aware, the cases involved people who had not watched anything that needed paying for.

You went on to cause offence by accusing a close deceased friend of being a thief and a liar, then when this had to be pointed out to you, instead of apologising like any right thinking person would, you cause even further offence by referring to it as "dramatics".

Aren't you a little too old to be trolling and deliberately upsetting bereaved people?
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 13:59   #3534
OLD BOY
Experience is everything
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wokingham
Services: 2 V6 boxes; Full House with Sky Cinema; Now TV, Amazon and Netflix; VM broadband and landline
Posts: 5,398
OLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appeal
OLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appeal
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
As explained, he didn't watch them. Are you in the habit of calling dead people thieves? Please don't cause further offence by suggesting that Chads mother is a liar or a thief.

But, as you were made fully aware, the cases involved people who had not watched anything that needed paying for.

You went on to cause offence by accusing a close deceased friend of being a thief and a liar, then when this had to be pointed out to you, instead of apologising like any right thinking person would, you cause even further offence by referring to it as "dramatics".

Aren't you a little too old to be trolling and deliberately upsetting bereaved people?
Talk about getting hold of the wrong end of the stick! Where have I commented on Chad's post? It was the suggestion you made that it would be better to allow people to get away with it to ensure a continued subscription that I was talking about.

I do not know the particular circumstances in your friend's case, and I guess we must take that as read. I would have thought that if this was a common problem, we would hear more about it. I know some elderly people who just keep pressing random buttons when their kit doesn't respond and so it could have been accessed accidentally. Just going into a film on Virgin Movies and then coming out of it straight away will still result in a charge.

I have not accused anyone of lying!

Last edited by OLD BOY; 07-12-2017 at 14:03.
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 14:41   #3535
theone2k10
There can only be one
 
theone2k10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: between Mars and Venus
Age: 38
Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
Posts: 3,838
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
YouTube has been pulled from some devices in a tit for tat retaliation spat with Amazon. Could this be the reason why VM had to halt the addition of Amazon??

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-a...-idUSKBN1DZ37O
Already mentioned in netflix/streaming thread mate by me

---------- Post added at 13:41 ---------- Previous post was at 13:40 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenMcr View Post
Yes. Chrome support (and Firefox support) should be available next week.
Much quicker than Skys efforts to fix SKYgo lol. full credit to VM on that.
theone2k10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 17:22   #3536
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,504
RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Talk about getting hold of the wrong end of the stick! Where have I commented on Chad's post? It was the suggestion you made that it would be better to allow people to get away with it to ensure a continued subscription that I was talking about.

I do not know the particular circumstances in your friend's case, and I guess we must take that as read. I would have thought that if this was a common problem, we would hear more about it. I know some elderly people who just keep pressing random buttons when their kit doesn't respond and so it could have been accessed accidentally. Just going into a film on Virgin Movies and then coming out of it straight away will still result in a charge.

I have not accused anyone of lying!
Sometimes I can get hold of the wrong end of the stick due to one of my disabilities, but I don't think that this is the case here.

You didn't comment on Chad's post; I suggested that you shouldn't in your apparent quest to upset and offend people.

You accused the people who had been wrongly charged for PPV films as lying by inference eg I did not suggest that people should be allowed "to get away with it" in order to ensure a continued subscription.

---------- Post added at 16:22 ---------- Previous post was at 16:19 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
Already mentioned in netflix/streaming thread mate by met
Cheers, I'll take a look at that. It did cross my mind (after the testing of Amazon was suddenly pulled by VM) that they had been threatened with the withdrawal of YouTube on the TiVo/V6.
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 18:17   #3537
Ultimate.Conj
cf.geek
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Berkshire
Services: Virgin Media VIP 200mb XL TV, Sky Movies & Sports HD
Posts: 914
Ultimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to beholdUltimate.Conj is a splendid one to behold
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
And the 100 plus TV's it is compatible with plus the 2017 Roku stick....
I didn't realise the iplayer app had appeared on my TV until last night. There are loads of TVs now updated to handle the BBC 4K format.

Shame not coming to the V6 (yet)
__________________
Run when you can,
Walk if you have to,
Crawl if you must...just never give up
Ultimate.Conj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 18:24   #3538
OLD BOY
Experience is everything
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Wokingham
Services: 2 V6 boxes; Full House with Sky Cinema; Now TV, Amazon and Netflix; VM broadband and landline
Posts: 5,398
OLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appeal
OLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appealOLD BOY has a bronzed appeal
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Sometimes I can get hold of the wrong end of the stick due to one of my disabilities, but I don't think that this is the case here.

You didn't comment on Chad's post; I suggested that you shouldn't in your apparent quest to upset and offend people.

You accused the people who had been wrongly charged for PPV films as lying by inference eg I did not suggest that people should be allowed "to get away with it" in order to ensure a continued subscription.
You said:

' For the sake of the cost of a PPV film they lost out on these three services' and 'If they stopped doing this sort of thing maybe the constant price rises could stop'.

It was the logic you appeared to be using that VM should not charge people for accessing PPV films in order to retain their custom that I was commenting on. I was not the only person to do so - interesting though that you chose to protest in this way at my post!

Perhaps I should have been clearer, but I don't think my comment justified your over the top response.

I would reiterate that my post was in response to you, not Chad.

Let's just leave it at that, shall we?
OLD BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 19:11   #3539
Media Boy
GOT NEWS? PM me.
 
Media Boy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Media Boy HQ
Posts: 11,874
Media Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
April 2018 is all i'm saying.
Thanks for the head up via PM.

---------- Post added at 18:11 ---------- Previous post was at 18:00 ----------

Maybe not for UK but Ofcom has given Turner Broadcasting System Europe Limited an new license to launch Warner TV.

Maybe set to use the 8pm - 4am time being unused after Cartoonito closes every night.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/manage-your...cences/updates
__________________
Virgin - Updated Oct. 16th.
Blog - Updated Dec. 13th.
What may launch - Oct. 16th.
Media Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2017, 20:02   #3540
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 5,504
RichardCoulter has disabled reputation
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
You said:

' For the sake of the cost of a PPV film they lost out on these three services' and 'If they stopped doing this sort of thing maybe the constant price rises could stop'.

It was the logic you appeared to be using that VM should not charge people for accessing PPV films in order to retain their custom that I was commenting on. I was not the only person to do so - interesting though that you chose to protest in this way at my post!

Perhaps I should have been clearer, but I don't think my comment justified your over the top response.

I would reiterate that my post was in response to you, not Chad.

Let's just leave it at that, shall we?
But it was made clear that my late friend did not watch a PPV film, yet was charged for it.

My "over the top response" was in reaction to you saying/inferring that my close friend who died suddenly was a liar and a thief. I won't bother asking for an apology for the uneccesary upset you've caused as the usual pattern is for you to upset people, apologise (sometimes) and then go on to do it all over again shortly afterwards.

I am upset enough as it is without you doing this.

---------- Post added at 19:02 ---------- Previous post was at 18:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Thanks for the head up via PM.

---------- Post added at 18:11 ---------- Previous post was at 18:00 ----------

Maybe not for UK but Ofcom has given Turner Broadcasting System Europe Limited an new license to launch Warner TV.

Maybe set to use the 8pm - 4am time being unused after Cartoonito closes every night.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/manage-your...cences/updates
Interesting, wasn't Warner TV supposed to be launching many years ago (on satellite)?

There's speculation that RT will be being pulled from all platforms next Tuesday (not sure if VM carry this channel).
RichardCoulter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 11 (2 members and 9 guests)
jonbxx, TMLeafs
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:03.


Server: xenon.zmnt.net
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.