Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Sky Sports 5 red button

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Missed calls from 0800 4089340

Old 16-08-2014, 15:39   #1
gus0898uk
cf.addict

gus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enough
Missed calls from 0800 4089340

I have had a couple of missed calls on my mobile from this number and note from Google it is from VM subsidary Sitel.
Today i answered the call and spoke to a guy who sounded like he was in India, he told me he worked for Sitel and not VM after I pushed him a bit.

He said I had Sky Sports through VM in the past and he could do me deal if I took it out again. He said SS should be £32 (ish) but I could have it for £27 (ish), I told him it was too much money and he offered it for £13 (ish) for the first 3 months but I just told him I was not interested.

He never asked for Bank details etc, just the first 2 letters of my VM password ,I am just posting this is it may help someone.
gus0898uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-08-2014, 16:10   #2
japitts
cf.geek

Services: V6 with Full-House/Maxit Sports & Movies, 100Mb broadband, Talk Weekends.
japitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud ofjapitts has much to be proud of
Re: 0800 4089340

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus0898uk View Post
I have had a couple of missed calls on my mobile from this number and note from Google it is from VM subsidary Sitel.
Today i answered the call and spoke to a guy who sounded like he was in India, he told me he worked for Sitel and not VM after I pushed him a bit.

[snip]

He never asked for Bank details etc, just the first 2 letters of my VM password ,I am just posting this is it may help someone.
Just a thought, but did he confirm some other security details from your account (that only someone with VM customer access would have) before expecting you to confirm yours?

Bad practice on their part if not!
japitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-08-2014, 18:37   #3
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts
Re: 0800 4089340

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus0898uk View Post

He said I had Sky Sports through VM in the past and he could do me deal if I took it out again. He said SS should be £32 (ish) but I could have it for £27 (ish), I told him it was too much money and he offered it for £13 (ish) for the first 3 months but I just told him I was not interested.

£32 ish how could he say that when its £29.25

Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-08-2014, 12:22   #4
gus0898uk
cf.addict

gus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enoughgus0898uk will become famous soon enough
Re: Missed calls from 0800 4089340

japitts
He just asked for the first two letters of my username, but I guess I could have said any 2 and he could agree.
He said that I had sbscribed to Sky Sports in the past, which I had, for about 3 months last summer and just over a month at Christmas.
It was very strange because last week I spoke with retentions because my £8pm discount had finished, the north eastern (UK) CSA was very helpful, he reinstated the discount and it is for another 18 months, paperwork to follow.
gus0898uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-08-2014, 11:10   #5
kop32
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q Silver, 2 x mini boxes,VM 150mb broadband and VM phone with anytime calls.
kop32 has reached the bronze age
kop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze age
Re: Missed calls from 0800 4089340

Got a call to my mobile yesterday from 0800 4089341,which is just one digit difference from the one in this thread,the lady went through the same security questions (first two characters from my password etc etc),she then went on to say that because I have XL Broadband and XL Phone package that she could offer me the following.......

152 mb BB (XL)
XL Phone
1 x 1tb TiVo
1 x 500gb TiVo (plus £49 install)
XL TV all for £82.50 for 12 months

I politely declined as I pointed out that VM do not have Sky Atlantic and as most of our recordings are fro this channel that the offer was a no go.

She then asked me to hold the line and after a few minutes came back with the following..

152 mb BB (XL)
XL Phone
1 x 1tb TiVo
XL TV
No second box as she said I could then keep Sky in one room while having VM installed in a second room (which sounded appealing as we currently have Sky Multi-Room)

But that was not all she then offered me Sky Sports Season Ticket free for the next 10 months,I asked her to confirm the offer and she repeated it was free and the total monthly cost would be £73.50 for 12 months,I asked her to call me back after I had spoken to Sky to see the savings for no multi-room etc coupled with that I could cancel BT Sport (£15 per month in HD),anyway,she never called back.. so I called the VM sales team and they said that they don't have the authority to offer such a deal and only the guys on 0800 4089340 can,so I will just have to hope they call me back.......
kop32 is offline   Reply With Quote