Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | [Update] The News Corp scandal

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

[Update] The News Corp scandal

Old 05-07-2011, 21:01   #76
AdamD
cf.mega poster

Services: VM 50Mb
AdamD has reached the bronze age
AdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze age
re: NotW phone hacking allegations: Milly Dowler, Soham, 7/7, dead soldiers' families...

I signed it.

I think it's disgusting and I really hope they're made an example of, but, eh, the sad thing is, the same thing will happen again at some point

As I said earlier, they get away with murder, they chase and stalk people for photos, ruin people's privacy, get a small fine (in big corporation terms), a "naughty naughty!" slap on the wrist, then the process just repeats itself.
AdamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-07-2011, 21:02   #77
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
re: NotW phone hacking allegations: Milly Dowler, Soham, 7/7, dead soldiers' families...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Signed.
Yes so have I as well (should have put it when i first quoted the site)
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 21:06   #78
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Yes l have signed it as well.
denphone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 21:06   #79
Maggy
The Invisible Woman
Cable Forum Team

Services: VM XL TV,50 MB VM BB,VM landline, Tivo
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura
Maggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden auraMaggy has a golden aura

How about signing 38 degrees petition against Murdoch getting even more of BskyB?

http://www.38degrees.org.uk/page/s/m...ition#petition
Old 05-07-2011, 21:09   #80
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maggy J View Post
How about signing 38 degrees petition against Murdoch getting even more of BskyB?

http://www.38degrees.org.uk/page/s/m...ition#petition
Signed I say lets sign them all and put pressure on the Government to do something about it?
Old 05-07-2011, 21:10   #81
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 21:13   #82
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
Whoops, I wonder if the Muppet in the background knew about it?
Old 05-07-2011, 21:27   #83
AdamD
cf.mega poster

Services: VM 50Mb
AdamD has reached the bronze age
AdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze ageAdamD has reached the bronze age

People power!
Signed the other petition to.
AdamD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 21:42   #84
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt D View Post
Reminds me of something Private Eye said when the company running the phone lines for one of the Ant and Dec shows was caught fiddling (in the great TV phone lines scandal of a few years back). Ant and Dec immediately denied any knowledge, to which Private Eye replied something along the line of they either knew about it and didn't stop it, in which case they were complicit, or they didn't know about it, in which case they were incompetent. Either way they shouldn't be running the company.

Sounds like the same might apply to RB..

---------- Post added at 21:42 ---------- Previous post was at 21:38 ----------

Odd how The Sun which usually such a campaigner for "what is right" is silent on this.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 21:56   #85
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stuart View Post

Sounds like the same might apply to RB..
Who is RB?

Quote:
Odd how The Sun which usually such a campaigner for "what is right" is silent on this.
Is this the only of their papers which is silent?
Old 05-07-2011, 21:57   #86
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

RB = Rebekah Brooks
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 22:06   #87
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by devilincarnate View Post
Is this the only of their papers which is silent?
I was actually being sarcastic. I'd be surprised if ANY of the murdoch rags said anything about this beyond the bland apologies and promises already made.

As for RB not being aware, Channel 4 appear to think differently, and I'd be shocked if she was totally unaware of something like this because, regardless of the legality of it, it would make their main advertisers nervous. Nervous advertisers don't spend money, and the NOTW stands to lose a lot of money from each company.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2011, 22:07   #88
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
I was actually being sarcastic. I'd be surprised if ANY of the murdoch rags said anything about this beyond the bland apologies and promises already made.

As for RB not being aware, Channel 4 appear to think differently, and I'd be shocked if she was totally unaware of something like this because, regardless of the legality of it, it would make their main advertisers nervous. Nervous advertisers don't spend money, and the NOTW stands to a lot of money from each company.
The Times had it on their front page, both paper and online.
Old 05-07-2011, 22:18   #89
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
RB = Rebekah Brooks
Thank you for the clarification

Quote:
Sorry did not come across that way, My bad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
The Times had it on their front page, both paper and online.
Looks like that the cat fighting has started internally
Old 05-07-2011, 22:21   #90
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
RB = Rebekah Brooks
Hugh, Not sure if you saw my post before. Where did you hear The Guardian were into phone hacking?