Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Do Virgin mobile charge for providing a network unlock code?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin & O2 Mobile Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Do Virgin mobile charge for providing a network unlock code?

Old 06-10-2010, 19:05   #1
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Services: XL tv with 2x V6 boxes, M phone, 350Mb broadband
djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute
Do Virgin mobile charge for providing a network unlock code?

And if so how much?

I've been having network coverage issues recently as i'm working in a different location and have decided to switch to another network, only problem is my phone is locked to virgin's network. I know I can get it unlocked at a local shop for £15 but was wonder how much virgin would charge (if anything).

Cheers.
djmagnifique is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 06-10-2010, 19:46   #2
Scrubbs
cf.mega poster

Services: phone,BB20meg ,telly
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal
Re: Do Virgin mobile charge for providing a network unlock code?

if you are out of contract it shouldnt be anything

If you are still in contract it varies... so I believe

If you are PAYG there shouldn't be a problem
Scrubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 20:09   #3
PBL
Inactive

PBL is on a distinguished roadPBL is on a distinguished road

£15 on either PAYG or pay monthly:

Handset unlocking fee £15

http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/gener...ges.shop.sm142
http://www.virginmobile.com/vm/gener...sts.shop.sm287
PBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 20:09   #4
djmagnifique
cf.geek

djmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond reputedjmagnifique has a reputation beyond repute

Cheers, its a PAYG that was on the 300/300 bundle but I didn't top up to renew the bundle (didn't see the point as i'm changing) and the bundle got canceled yesterday, I can still use the phone and any credit I have on it though so i'll give them a ring tomorrow.

I know that when I changed from vodaphone years ago they wanted £35 for the code but I got the phone I had unlocked for £10 at a computer fair.
Old 06-10-2010, 20:49   #5
Scrubbs
cf.mega poster

Services: phone,BB20meg ,telly
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal
Scrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appealScrubbs has a bronzed appeal

oops : I stand corrected O2 didn't charge me for my pac
Scrubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 22:28   #6
djmagnifique
cf.geek

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scrubbs View Post
oops : I stand corrected O2 didn't charge me for my pac
None of the companies will charge you for a PAC, it's the code to unlock the handset to work on any network that they charge for.
Old 08-10-2010, 22:14   #7
Matth
Inactive

Services: BB:M, TV:XL, Phone:M, Loyalty
Matth has reached the bronze age
Matth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze ageMatth has reached the bronze age

At one time, I remember it was free after you'd spent a certain amount, should have got one of my old 'uns unlocked then.
Matth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2010, 20:02   #8
devilincarnate
Still REIGNING

devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star
devilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny stardevilincarnate has a nice shiny star

When i worked for o2 the unlock code was charged at £10 and £15 for blackberrys and this was due what the mobile manufacturers wanted to charge.
devilincarnate is offline   Reply With Quote