Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Netflix/Streaming Services

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Netflix/Streaming Services
Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2014, 15:30   #1081
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age
Re: Netflix/Streaming Services

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
No you can't sadly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
Yes you can
So 1-1.

Would the Yes candidate please elaborate.
Advertisement
Old 06-12-2014, 16:10   #1082
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
So 1-1.

Would the Yes candidate please elaborate.
What's to elaborate on ? The question was can you adjust the DNS settings manually to which the wrong answer of no was given , I wasn't advocating you should change them merely correcting that yes it can be done in the settings menu.
Old 06-12-2014, 16:25   #1083
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Yes you can
I had the Talktalk Humax one from the trials no way of changing dns, unless you mean the router dns change?

Edit: i stand corrected it appears the dns can indeed be changed, google is your friend on that one.
Old 06-12-2014, 17:44   #1084
RichardCoulter
cf.mega poster

RichardCoulter has disabled reputation

Do users of services that stream over the internet experience stuttering and/or buffering issues?

That's one of my reservations about using them.
Old 06-12-2014, 18:07   #1085
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
Do users of services that stream over the internet experience stuttering and/or buffering issues?

Never had any stuttering or buffering on any of the services i use/used wich are nowtv,netflix,amazon instant video, iplayer,demand5, american ones i used/use nbcsports,fios verizon, xfinity,hbogo.
Old 06-12-2014, 18:30   #1086
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

There is no problem with that these days.

Almost everything I watch these days is streamed and it works perfectly.
Old 06-12-2014, 21:23   #1087
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
There is no problem with that these days.

Almost everything I watch these days is streamed and it works perfectly.
Sadly since getting TiVo we have has buffering on BBC iPlayer and ITV player and not at peak times. Never had had a problem on my old VHD box. Luckily we have a smart blue ray player and use of that.
Old 06-12-2014, 22:39   #1088
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
Sadly since getting TiVo we have has buffering on BBC iPlayer and ITV player and not at peak times. Never had had a problem on my old VHD box. Luckily we have a smart blue ray player and use of that.
This is just my opinion but Tivo is a pile of steaming manure.
I was glad to see the back off it.
Old 06-12-2014, 22:57   #1089
passingbat
Inactive

passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post

I assumed Richard was talking about video services via general broadband not Tivo (maybe incorrectly?)

With 3 recordable tuners, I don't get why people use the catchup services on Tivo so much and not just on the odd occasion.

---------- Post added at 22:57 ---------- Previous post was at 22:49 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post
This is just my opinion but Tivo is a pile of steaming manure.
I was glad to see the back off it.
I respectfully disagree.

Speed may not be the best compared with other PVRs, but it's functionality leaves them standing. And I personally have no issue with the speed of Tivo when accessing and moving between the different menus that I use.

I rarely use it for catchup, but on the odd occasion that I have, it has worked without issues.
Old 06-12-2014, 23:29   #1090
tassiekev
Inactive

tassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the roughtassiekev is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
With 3 recordable tuners, I don't get why people use the catchup services on Tivo so much and not just on the odd occasion.

---------- Post added at 22:57 ---------- Previous post was at 22:49 ----------

I respectfully disagree.

Speed may not be the best compared with other PVRs, but it's functionality leaves them standing. And I personally have no issue with the speed of Tivo when accessing and moving between the different menus that I use.

I rarely use it for catchup, but on the odd occasion that I have, it has worked without issues.
Much prefer catchup/on demand for two reasons:
1. No/Considerably fewer ads
2. With the exception of Fox (there may be others) no digital logos. This form of penis envy amongst providers really annoys me - that's the grumpy old man coming out, and I've often considered forming the TWADL society (Television Watchers Against Digital Logos).

Tivo has annoyed me to the extent that I re-enroled with ole Rupe. Problems are numerous but include:
  • Speed (lack of)
  • Poorly organized interface, I often can't find something which (logically) should be in Catch Up but a search finds it
  • Unable to set recordings when I want them to record - not when Tivo thinks its appropriate
  • Recording conflicts - I don't feel I should have to prioitize series links etc, the box should be smart enough
  • Lack of 5.1 - both transmitted and On Demand. Last week I recorded Criminal Minds S10E07 on the Tivo, it was in stereo - tried OD, it was in stereo. The same program on Sky is transmitted in 5.1 and available OD in 5.1. Just one example.
Old 07-12-2014, 02:20   #1091
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by tassiekev View Post
Much prefer catchup/on demand for two reasons:
1. No/Considerably fewer ads
2. With the exception of Fox (there may be others) no digital logos. This form of penis envy amongst providers really annoys me - that's the grumpy old man coming out, and I've often considered forming the TWADL society (Television Watchers Against Digital Logos).

Tivo has annoyed me to the extent that I re-enroled with ole Rupe. Problems are numerous but include:
  • Speed (lack of)
  • Poorly organized interface, I often can't find something which (logically) should be in Catch Up but a search finds it
  • Unable to set recordings when I want them to record - not when Tivo thinks its appropriate
  • Recording conflicts - I don't feel I should have to prioitize series links etc, the box should be smart enough
  • Lack of 5.1 - both transmitted and On Demand. Last week I recorded Criminal Minds S10E07 on the Tivo, it was in stereo - tried OD, it was in stereo. The same program on Sky is transmitted in 5.1 and available OD in 5.1. Just one example.
You think uk channels are bad for DOGs you should see the USA ones they get DOGS and huge banners with adverts on or programme info, ontop of that some next to the dog get huge letters reading "24 days of Christmas" the on demand isn't too bad it's just the dogs.
Old 10-12-2014, 16:04   #1092
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

The Telegraph are reporting Sky may consider withdrawing Now TV from Youview.

Story
Old 10-12-2014, 16:18   #1093
theone2k10
Inactive

Quote:
The Telegraph are reporting Sky may consider withdrawing Now TV from Youview.

Story
Such a move, which has not been settled upon, would cut off BT and TalkTalk customers from Sky Movies and entertainment box-sets, such as Game of Thrones. <--- taken from Telegraph article

They really need to get their facts right Talktalk customers have access to Sky movies anyway and anyone with a decent broadband connection can get nowtv anyway.
Bit ironic sky moaning about costs really after they just hiked the prices of Nowtv passes.
Old 10-12-2014, 16:26   #1094
passingbat
Inactive

Is the Now TV Entertainment pack available via Youview, or is it just the film pack?

And is it just BT and Talk Talk Youview boxes that have Now TV, or do generic Youview boxes also have it?
Old 10-12-2014, 16:34   #1095
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

Only the Now TV Movie pass is available on Youview across Retail , BT and Talk Talk boxes

I believe an update is needed to support the live channels , certain movies can't be shown on Youview although not many as the contract with the rightsholders stipulates the movie must also been shown live.
Closed Thread