Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | U.S President: Donald Trump

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

U.S President: Donald Trump
Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2017, 09:12   #541
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Re: U.S President: Donald Trump

Everyone wondered if after he won he would pivot to be more statesman like. This might be the first sign of it. He looks also to be looking for a path for illegal migrants to become citizens, essentially the Obama proposal.

If he does indeed pivot away from his rhetoric and become a more normal President then that's encouraging, but let's see his actions first.
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2017, 09:15   #542
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by ianch99 View Post
Trump's speech seems well received:

Presidential Trump
I thought it was a very good speech. What he said made perfect sense to me. I think the anti Trump posters on here should listen to the full speech.

It will be interesting to see how the BBC treats it.

Full speech here (starts 32 minute in)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BCeZvwXh_4c
Old 01-03-2017, 09:17   #543
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Yes. I listened to it on the World service. Very measured, not the usual rant style.
Old 01-03-2017, 09:44   #544
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
And nor did Trump when he criticized Obama. As I said it's hypocrisy. Besides we're reading if we literally have to see the invoices for spending ourselves to offer criticism.
Sorry, but I deal with hard facts first, not believe conjecture that's especially written by a left leaning, Anti-Trump entity, Politico.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:05   #545
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick View Post
Sorry, but I deal with hard facts first, not believe conjecture that's especially written by a left leaning, Anti-Trump entity, Politico.
Everything becomes a left-leaning, anti-Trump, entity as soon as they criticise him.

Anyway I suspect going forward it will be pointless to criticise Trump as we all know full well I'll never have direct access to the literal invoices billed to the U.S Government. I am not even sure how they even bill things like Air Force One. For that matter I won't have direct access to most U.S Government paperwork.

I will point out that this wasn't a standard applied to other Presidents. We've critised others based on leaks and news reports, few of us have direct access to the information, and when we were talking of Clinton's donations we didn't have direct links to the source material either.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:18   #546
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array

Quote:
Everything becomes a left-leaning, anti-Trump, entity as soon as they criticise him.

Anyway I suspect going forward it will be pointless to criticise Trump as we all know full well I'll never have direct access to the literal invoices billed to the U.S Government. I am not even sure how they even bill things like Air Force One. For that matter I won't have direct access to most U.S Government paperwork.

I will point out that this wasn't a standard applied to other Presidents. We've critised others based on leaks and news reports, few of us have direct access to the information, and when we were talking of Clinton's donations we didn't have direct links to the source material either.
You mean all the "hard facts" concerning Hillary Clinton's "crimes" ?
Old 01-03-2017, 10:20   #547
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:

Maybe that's because they chose to criticise and often exaggerate virtually everything he's said and done in a clear attempt to demonise him and bring him down. He's well and truly had the Farage treatment - it didn't work here and it doesn't look like it's working there. I reckon that a great many Americans no longer believe what the hostile media has to say about Trump whether it's true or not.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:42   #548
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Talking of Nigel

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...pac-ukip-video
Old 01-03-2017, 10:48   #549
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Trump claim on terrorists originating abroad proved wrong by Cato Institute analysis

Trump's first address to Congress made the following false statement: "According to data provided by the Department of Justice, the vast majority of individuals convicted of terrorism and terrorism-related offences since 9/11 came here from outside of our country."

Reality: 40 were for foreigners planning a terrorist attack on US soil whilst those convictions for US-born citizens totalled 92, or more than double those from abroad.
Google "Trump claim on terrorists originating abroad undermined by data" subscription link https://www.ft.com/content/78d6953d-...0-5af221dde504

Last edited by 1andrew1; 01-03-2017 at 10:54.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:13   #550
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star
Mick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny starMick has a nice shiny star

Quote:

That's bollocks, politico is well known for it's liberal agenda and I am damn well sure you know that, so don't try and cheapen the debate by making such sweeping statements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien
when we were talking of Clinton's donations we didn't have direct links to the source material either.
No, we just had her hacked emails from the DNC, that was enough.
Old 01-03-2017, 11:27   #551
1andrew1
cf.mega poster

1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze
1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze1andrew1 is cast in bronze

Quote:

That's bollocks, politico is well known for it's liberal agenda and you damn well know that, so don't try and cheapen the debate by making such sweeping statements.
Politico has been endorsed by President Bush and Media Matters for America accused it of having a Republican tilt. So if others have accused it of being pro-Democrat then it's probably reasonably unbiased.
Old 01-03-2017, 12:00   #552
Mick
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Politico has been endorsed by President Bush and Media Matters for America accused it of having a Republican tilt. So if others have accused it of being pro-Democrat then it's probably reasonably unbiased.
I am well aware of it's initial purpose and direction, but over the years, it has adopted a far more left leaning approach, so I do not take too kindly to it being said, oh 'It's against Trump so it must be immediately automatically left leaning.' Bollocks, it has not just changed it's stance overnight.
Old 01-03-2017, 13:13   #553
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
Reality: 40 were for foreigners

So, do you think that is acceptable then?

It seems to me that in your attempt to nitpick the detail of the speech in order to attack Trump, you are missing the message glaring you in the face: Islamic terrorists are getting into the United States. Any President, not deluded by political correctness, will do all he can to stop even one entering the US.

Are you planning to watch the whole speech at any time?
Old 01-03-2017, 13:39   #554
Kursk
-.- ..- .-. ... -.-

Kursk has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by passingbat View Post
So, do you think that is acceptable then?

It seems to me that in your attempt to nitpick the detail of the speech in order to attack Trump, you are missing the message glaring you in the face: Islamic terrorists are getting into the United States. Any President, not deluded by political correctness, will do all he can to stop even one entering the US.

Are you planning to watch the whole speech at any time?
You really musn't attack the person passingbat; even the deluded ones

Btw, I agree with you that the President's speech was really good. He is showing his mettle after the initial furore of a frankly disrespectful media inc the beeb.
Old 01-03-2017, 15:10   #555
Mr K
Woke and proud !

Services: TV, Phone, BB, a wife
Mr K has a nice shiny star
Mr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny starMr K has a nice shiny star

Quote:

That's bollocks, politico is well known for it's liberal agenda and I am damn well sure you know that, so don't try and cheapen the debate by making such sweeping statements.
:
Don't know about that, seems accurate to me. As for cheapening the debate, must say Damien is very patient and factual unlike some others ! Some posters and Trump supporters seem so one eyed, this thread is becoming a bit pointless.
Closed Thread