Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wire split Between Houses

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Due to have installation but don't CATV cover

Old 07-12-2014, 18:47   #1
lewisp8
Inactive

lewisp8 is an unknown quantity at this point
Due to have installation but don't CATV cover

Hi, i recently ordered virgin media roughly a week ago and i am due to have the service installed on Thursday (11th December).We live in a quite a rural area (with VM) however I deffinetley know people on our street have the virgin media service several doors down from myself, there is a virgin cabinet on our road approximatley 30M away from my property. My property is also raised above the street level by about 2M, upon inspection outside my house i did not find a CATV manhole cover, however this one directly opposite the virgin cabinet. There are no Hookup points for virgin media outside my house as far as i could tell or my neighbours only a plastic one which says WATER. We had a guy from virgin come to our house and tell us if all goes well the installation should be done on our installation date. What do you think, I'm a bit skeptical as to wether ill get the service installed.
lewisp8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2014, 09:19   #2
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: Due to have installation but don't CATV cover

In our area the branch ducts for the cables are bought to the edge of the property boundary and fitted with a black plastic plug about 1.5" diameter level with the surface of the pavement. The nearest manholes are on the corner of the street in-front of the distribution cabinets.

VM should know that the ducts have been fitted.

BTW Welcome to the forum.
Old 09-12-2014, 20:21   #3
jungleguy
Inactive

Services: phone TV & BB
jungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of lightjungleguy is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Due to have installation but don't CATV cover

manhole covers reveal chambers which are for the pulling crew to pull cables from one section to another, they don't put chambers outside every property, the small black box is a toby box, when removed this will reveal a green duct that feeds into the main duct. I wouldn't worry too much..... as long as the network runs outside your property you should be fine.
jungleguy is offline   Reply With Quote