Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Wireless Router Problem

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Computers & IT > Networking
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Wireless Router Problem

Old 05-10-2006, 20:50   #1
Adamjk
Inactive

Adamjk is an unknown quantity at this point
Question Wireless Router Problem

I just bought a wireless router (Sweex LC000070) and after setting it up I can connect to the Internet through a LAN connection, but when I try to connect using wireless I'm having problems. The computer detects the wireless internet and even connects to it, but when I actually try and open a page I get the 'this page is unavailable/offline' message.

Can anyone suggest what might be wrong?
Adamjk is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 05-10-2006, 21:14   #2
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Re: Wireless Router Problem

to the forums...

Can you post your WAN & LAN settings in the router & the output from ipconfig /all in a command window? Blank out the last two figures from your IP address...
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 22:06   #3
Adamjk
Inactive

I'm not entirely sure where to look, I'm not too really an expert when it comes to computers. How would I go about finding this?
Old 05-10-2006, 22:19   #4
Cobbydaler
cf.mega poster

Services: ClearFibre Internet, Vodafone mobile Google Pixel 4
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars
Cobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered starsCobbydaler is seeing silvered stars

In your browser type the following in the address bar: http://192.168.123.254. You will be asked for a password, it's “admin”.

Then look for screens with WAN & LAN in the title....

For the ipconfig /all information, click on the Start button, then click on Run. Type 'command' without quotes in the box that appears. Then in the black screen type 'ipconfig /all' without quotes (space between ipconfig & /). Report what it says back... Type 'exit' to leave the command window.
Cobbydaler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2006, 22:33   #5
Adamjk
Inactive

IP Address 81.107.91.**
Subnet Mask 255.255.252.0
Gateway 81.107.88.1
Domain Name Server 194.168.8.100, 194.168.4.100
Wireless LAN MAC 00-50-18-49-CE-90
WAN MAC Address 00-50-18-49-CE-8F

LAN IP Address 192.168.123.1**

When I put in the ipconfig /all command there are three sections:
Windows IP configuration, Ethernet adapter Local area connection and Ethernet adapter wireless connection 2