Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media 70, 150 & 200 Mb Upgrades

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media 70, 150 & 200 Mb Upgrades

Old 14-06-2016, 18:15   #931
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media 70, 150 & 200 Mb Upgrades

Quote:
Originally Posted by joglynne View Post
OK, VM are starting to get on my wick!!!

Considering I was originally told to expect the upgrade early 2016 I think their magic cables need a kick up the backside.
I can't stand lies, double standards and contradictions and what really winds me up about this over previous upgrades is how much they have screwed everyone over. With previous upgrades they gave you an initial rollout schedule covering a year and a half so you knew it was going to takes ages even without anything being pushed back. This time last year we all cheered and thought they have finally caught up when they said they were going to start in November and 90% of areas were going to be completed before Christmas. If that is the case and they had presumably planned in all the necessary work for it, how does it then get pushed back to 2016 and then 2017? It shouldn't be delayed by over a year unless there is something terribly wrong and it would only affect one or two areas and not the program unless they never planned to do it to start off with and somebody decided to make a fraudulent statement for marketing purposes. They have made themselves look like a right bunch of ***** and I am never going to believe anything they say again. Like Kush said though, they know we can't get any better and we'll all stay with them no matter how much they muck us about. When they get round to docsis3.1 I think they should say everyone is going to have it the following day because it isn't going to make any difference is it? We are never going to get it when they say we will.

Hopefully somebody at VM tracks the stats on this kind of stuff and if we turn it the other way around I would love to know the % of areas upgraded when they said they were going to be done. I bet it is around 5%. They should sack them and reallocate the money elsewhere because they position is obviously pointless as things haven't got any better over the last 6-7 years. As one of my colleagues would say, SOS (same old s...)

Last edited by General Maximus; 14-06-2016 at 18:20.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 14-06-2016, 20:02   #932
joglynne
Born again teenager.

Services: Maxit TV, M250 Fibre BB. Phone-Anytime Chatter
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura
joglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aurajoglynne has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Just what are you going to do with that extra 48Mbps that you can't do now?
Nowt. It's just the way VM make out that what they are doing is something...
a) worth having,
b) due to magic,
c)and somehow not worth an apology/explanation for the continuing delays.

Everytime I get a bill their silly bragging about the upgrade is blazened across my screen so once a month I grrrrrrrr at my laptop.

Any how I have now had an exceedingly large cream cake and am back to my normal unruffled, serene and sunny self.
Old 17-06-2016, 13:28   #933
Jon22
cf.addict

Jon22 is on a distinguished roadJon22 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22 View Post
Speed upgrade is finally ready here. Bit of a moot point as now on a 100Mb with a new contract.

Have had a change of WAN IP earlier. Possibly moved to a new CMTS? Connection tab still says that we are on Telf11. I thought WAN IP addresses, whilst not being static, are unlikely to change often with VM?
Just had another look at the postcode checker out of interest and its now showing:

Your speed boost is on the way…
We’ll be in touch between November 2016 and April 2017 to tell you when your speed upgrade is ready.

Not sure how it can go from being ready to being pushed back potentially 10 months. Must require a serious amount of work to increase capacity.
Jon22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2016, 13:36   #934
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

The best bit is that mine said it was going to be ready by end of November 2015. For two days at the end of the month it said was ready and available then all of a sudden it wasnt and was put back to Jan-March 2016. I just dont understand how they plan/organise/manage this stuff for it sll to get screwed up so much.
Old 17-06-2016, 17:41   #935
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

I think the trouble is more the marketing dept rather than the planning one.

I can see the board meeting.

Planning perhaps says "We are commencing a 4yr rollout of increased speeds."

Marketing comes out with "how many homes passed within x time?"

Planning says "y# within a year but some will take longer due to other issues."

Marketing says "Thats OK with y# we can go with done within a year."

Planning "But we can't do it within a year, we have areas that need more work and it will take longer than that."

Marketing "You let us worry about that, you do the work we'll do the selling. Can you get new customers on the new speeds within a year?"

Planning "We could if you don't mind increased congestion in certain areas until we can get the upgrades done."

Marketing "Oh, that's not a problem we'll just rebate customers until you get the upgrades done, we only bother about selling it in the first place."

Accounts "That's a good idea Marketing, we can increase our customer base that will attact extra investment in the company and it will look as if we have less churn."

Planning " I give up, it will be done when we can do it. You two do what you want, it'll still take 4yrs min. I'm off."

Marketing to Accounts (once Planning's gone) "What's up with him?"
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-2016, 18:00   #936
General Maximus
Ran Away

you should get an award for writing that dude. I can imagine that is exactly how it goes.
Old 17-06-2016, 18:19   #937
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Actually I thought I'd better keep it short!
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-06-2016, 09:44   #938
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

More like this?

tree-swing-project.jpg
Old 20-06-2016, 23:04   #939
hedgie
cf.geek

Services: Phone, 360 + two mini boxes, Hub 5.
hedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of lighthedgie is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
I think the trouble is more the marketing dept rather than the planning one.

I can see the board meeting.

Planning perhaps says "We are commencing a 4yr rollout of increased speeds."

Marketing comes out with "how many homes passed within x time?"

Planning says "y# within a year but some will take longer due to other issues."

Marketing says "Thats OK with y# we can go with done within a year."

Planning "But we can't do it within a year, we have areas that need more work and it will take longer than that."

Marketing "You let us worry about that, you do the work we'll do the selling. Can you get new customers on the new speeds within a year?"

Planning "We could if you don't mind increased congestion in certain areas until we can get the upgrades done."

Marketing "Oh, that's not a problem we'll just rebate customers until you get the upgrades done, we only bother about selling it in the first place."

Accounts "That's a good idea Marketing, we can increase our customer base that will attact extra investment in the company and it will look as if we have less churn."

Planning " I give up, it will be done when we can do it. You two do what you want, it'll still take 4yrs min. I'm off."

Marketing to Accounts (once Planning's gone) "What's up with him?"
+1

do you have a webcam in the boardroom or what !

hedgie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2016, 13:06   #940
dr aardvark
Inactive

dr aardvark is an unknown quantity at this point

bah! this is rubbish.

I have been told for several months that the upgrade will be in june 2016 (and still was up to a month ago) but now i check and its sept-nov 2016.
At this rate i'll never get it.
dr aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2016, 13:16   #941
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by dr aardvark View Post
bah! this is rubbish.

I have been told for several months that the upgrade will be in june 2016 (and still was up to a month ago) but now i check and its sept-nov 2016.
At this rate i'll never get it.

YouWantItWhen.jpg
Old 06-07-2016, 20:32   #942
buckleb
Inactive

Services: Vivid 200 Tivo 500GB
buckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of lightbuckleb is a glorious beacon of light

My original upgrade date was January this year, then that slipped to July, then to October. Then it went back to July, and now I see it has slipped to 'between October 2016 and December 2016'.

To be honest I don't really care about the increase from 152 to 200, but this inability to even come close to an ETA is hilarious.
buckleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2016, 23:27   #943
dr aardvark
Inactive

dr aardvark is an unknown quantity at this point

amazingly i got the upgrade email today so they must have pulled their fingers out and done some work
dr aardvark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 17:11   #944
mjl123
Inactive

mjl123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Does anyone know how it works for new customers signing up? If you're in an area where people have already had upgrades, will you get it sooner rather than later, or do you go to the back of the queue?
mjl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 17:30   #945
General Maximus
Ran Away

It is the other way round. You get it before everyone else even if the network isnt ready for it yet.