Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Virgin Media 70, 150 & 200 Mb Upgrades

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media News Discussion
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Virgin Media 70, 150 & 200 Mb Upgrades

Old 16-02-2016, 22:24   #901
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin Media 70, 150 & 200 Mb Upgrades

mine went from November, to January, February and back to January again. I assumed they wanted to get them all done before February/now when the price increase is due.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 16-02-2016, 22:48   #902
Nedkelly
Inactive

Services: V6 & Tivo SH3 on 300mb and 200mb and a telephone
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Smile Re: Virgin Media 70, 150 & 200 Mb Upgrades

General Maximus Lincoln was done first 2 weeks in Jan as they didn't want it to run into Feb
Nedkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-02-2016, 23:02   #903
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedkelly View Post
General Maximus Lincoln was done first 2 weeks in Jan as they didn't want it to run into Feb
Rush job then?

Was it done correctly one wonders.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2016, 09:29   #904
General Maximus
Ran Away

General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nedkelly View Post
that is what I said

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
Was it done correctly one wonders.
yup. My area has always been excellent for congestion and I get full speed all the time which is why it really wound me up that they kept delaying the upgrade. They had enough spare juice that they could have hit the button a month or two early without putting the extra capacity in place.
Old 17-02-2016, 13:30   #905
Mythica
cf.geek

Mythica has reached the bronze age
Mythica has reached the bronze ageMythica has reached the bronze age

Mine went something like this. October 2015, November 2015, January - February 2016, February 2016, your speed boost is ready (log in to Virgin Media which states end of February), March 2016 - June 2016 and the last one which now states July 2016 - December 2016. How it went from being ready to December 2016 is anyone's guess.
Mythica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2016, 15:28   #906
23prince
Inactive

23prince is an unknown quantity at this point

I had something similar and then it just appeared as ready. Turned out to be another attempt to polish a turd so I have arranged to leave.

Speed - yes fantastic but quality and usability shocking.
23prince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2016, 20:21   #907
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

Just checked mine.

Was originally December 2015
Then Feb 2016
Now: Between September 2016 and February 2017

So basically I'll be on another price increase before getting it!
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-02-2016, 22:17   #908
General Maximus
Ran Away

they need to do an internal investigation and find out what has gone wrong. Presumably these things get planned well in advance and things are looked at such as equipment costs, man hours etc. How can you make a press statement saying that the majority of the country will be upgraded before Christmas 2015 and then delay it by over a year. It isn't as if a part has been delayed or somebody has left and you need delay it by a month. Something serious has got to have gone wrong for that happen.
Old 18-02-2016, 01:06   #909
pip08456
Sad Doig Fan!

Services: With VM for BB 250Mb service.(Deal)
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star
pip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny starpip08456 has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
they need to do an internal investigation and find out what has gone wrong. Presumably these things get planned well in advance and things are looked at such as equipment costs, man hours etc. How can you make a press statement saying that the majority of the country will be upgraded before Christmas 2015 and then delay it by over a year. It isn't as if a part has been delayed or somebody has left and you need delay it by a month. Something serious has got to have gone wrong for that happen.

Just typical VM efficientcy.
pip08456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 08:26   #910
Stop It
Inactive

Services: VM Vivid 200 VM XL TV & Sky Sports VM Phone
Stop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of societyStop It is a pillar of society

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Maximus View Post
I'm sure the changes to the dates weren't just random and the investigation you're describing has already happened, hence the changes.

As for the initial PR? Optimism vs reality. O2 and Vodafone promised 97% 4G coverage by the end of 2015. We're now well into 2016 and neither network are anywhere close.
Stop It is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-02-2016, 22:04   #911
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Optimism vs Reality - Marketing vs Engineering, more like....
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2016, 18:43   #912
Nedkelly
Inactive

Services: V6 & Tivo SH3 on 300mb and 200mb and a telephone
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Nedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appealNedkelly has a bronzed appeal
Talking Re: Virgin Media 70, 150 & 200 Mb Upgrades

Hugh has got it right . Not every area was ready to go but hey lets just launch it . When you get to see what is involved to bring extra capacity to areas it is not as simple as turning a switch
Nedkelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-2016, 19:01   #913
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars

We seem to have been lucky here in north Worthing that the upgrades are working. I only have 70mbs but the evening hump in latency was fixed in the autumn.

Now it's pretty flat.
Old 19-02-2016, 19:07   #914
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skie View Post
Just checked mine.

Was originally December 2015
Then Feb 2016
Now: Between September 2016 and February 2017

So basically I'll be on another price increase before getting it!
Mine was January 2016
Now it is February 2016

But one suspects that will be changed soon if the past is anything to go by..
Old 19-02-2016, 19:44   #915
SnoopZ
CF Resident Dog

SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars
SnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny starsSnoopZ has a pair of shiny stars

My upgrade was June 2016 but while in the trial forums i complained that i only got 20-50mbit in the evenings, forum staff got networks to confirm it, so my thinking it was brought forward to fix the congestion issue in my area. Ever since they moved me onto an upgraded 16 downstream ctms everything has been running perfectly and now on 150mbit.