Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. III

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. III
Closed Thread

Old 03-09-2010, 10:59   #796
virginruinedntl
Inactive

virginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of lightvirginruinedntl is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. III

Surely it would be financially better off for Virgin to announce a channel well in advance in order for customers thinking about leaving to entice them to stay? I don't understand what benefit they had to launch FiveHD silently and to only give a short amount of notice for other channels, once the contract is signed there should be an announcement the same day.
Advertisement
Old 03-09-2010, 11:03   #797
Mr-S
Permanently Banned

Mr-S can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by virginruinedntl View Post
Surely it would be financially better off for Virgin to announce a channel well in advance in order for customers thinking about leaving to entice them to stay? I don't understand what benefit they had to launch FiveHD silently and to only give a short amount of notice for other channels, once the contract is signed there should be an announcement the same day.
The deal with Five was finalised at the last min and they launched the next day. They didnt even have time to draft the press release.

I'm not happy with various issues to do with Virgin at the moment and they are lying on various fronts... this time from what I've been told wasnt one of them.

Issues to do with other channels and the viacom/mtv networks situation there is a bunch of lies they are telling to customers I can tell you that much.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:12   #798
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr-S View Post
The deal with Five was finalised at the last min and they launched the next day. They didnt even have time to draft the press release.

I'm not happy with various issues to do with Virgin at the moment and they are lying on various fronts... this time from what I've been told wasnt one of them.

Issues to do with other channels and the viacom/mtv networks situation there is a bunch of lies they are telling to customers I can tell you that much.
Happy to allow you to give us the definitive source of you allegations of Virgin Media lies.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:22   #799
Mr-S
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
Happy to allow you to give us the definitive source of you allegations of Virgin Media lies.
I dm'ed info to media boy. I dont want to say anymore than that... hopefully he will make public.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:28   #800
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Whats your problem?
It was a joke mate nothing meant personal just forum banter.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:32   #801
Mr-S
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
It was a joke mate nothing meant personal just forum banter.
Ok, no problem, I had some info that I wanted to get to credible person on the forum to get it out there. Dont really want it attached to me incase it gets traced back in anyway.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:33   #802
joff81
Inactive

Services: V+ Xl TV package phone L package Broadband L package
joff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to alljoff81 is a name known to all

it will be interesting to see if Big Red shows his face and explains why in information was wrong after he was so adamant he was informed correctly going as far to say that his sources had confirmed either launch or announcement today (that was posted by him yesterday) !!!
Old 03-09-2010, 11:34   #803
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Ok, no problem, I had some info that I wanted to get to credible person on the forum to get it out there. Dont really want it attached to me incase it gets traced back in anyway.
No probs mate hope its good news LOL
Old 03-09-2010, 11:38   #804
SlackDad
cf.geek

SlackDad has reached the bronze age
SlackDad has reached the bronze ageSlackDad has reached the bronze ageSlackDad has reached the bronze ageSlackDad has reached the bronze ageSlackDad has reached the bronze ageSlackDad has reached the bronze ageSlackDad has reached the bronze ageSlackDad has reached the bronze ageSlackDad has reached the bronze ageSlackDad has reached the bronze ageSlackDad has reached the bronze ageSlackDad has reached the bronze ageSlackDad has reached the bronze ageSlackDad has reached the bronze ageSlackDad has reached the bronze ageSlackDad has reached the bronze ageSlackDad has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Why? They haven't announced a launch date - yet. It was pure speculation on here.
And let's face it, posters on here represent a tiny proportion of VM's customer base, most of whom remain blissfully unaware that Sky basics HD are even launching I should imagine.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:44   #805
gadge
Inactive

Services: Sky+ Hd Multiroom,Unlimited Broadband,Unlimited Phone,WD Tv
gadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpackgadge has a very nice sixpack

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackDad View Post
And let's face it, posters on here represent a tiny proportion of VM's customer base, most of whom remain blissfully unaware that Sky basics HD are even launching I should imagine.

Thats very true i have said endless time the main joe public dont know whats coming or going even skys customers are the same classic example i said to a lad at work this morning he has sky hd "i see you got living hd on sky hd yesterday"his reply was did we.Its only people that venture on forums like these that know whats coming or going.Its a question if the majority of the public even know what cable forum or even digital spy is.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:47   #806
RobboEdin
cf.mega poster

RobboEdin has reached the bronze age
RobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze ageRobboEdin has reached the bronze age

Quote:
I dm'ed info to media boy. I dont want to say anymore than that... hopefully he will make public.
So that is a NO then. You personally are unwilling to reveal the information you claim. I, therefore, have to assume that your claim is wrong.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:47   #807
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by joff81 View Post
it will be interesting to see if Big Red shows his face and explains why in information was wrong after he was so adamant he was informed correctly going as far to say that his sources had confirmed either launch or announcement today (that was posted by him yesterday) !!!
no one can be harsh at him or make him talk as this thread is all speculation and rumours and not an offical VM forum. Im not mad or upset as i just hope what he and MB says his correct
Old 03-09-2010, 11:48   #808
Mr-S
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
No probs mate hope its good news LOL
Its not unfortunately
Old 03-09-2010, 11:49   #809
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlackDad View Post
Agreed as I personally would no nothing about what was coming if I did not use this forum and others. For a communications Company VM are awful at communicating with there customers about all sorts of things not just TV.
Old 03-09-2010, 11:51   #810
Mr-S
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobboEdin View Post
So that is a NO then. You personally are unwilling to reveal the information you claim. I, therefore, have to assume that your claim is wrong.
I dont know you and I'm not going to baited into saying what it is so throw whatever vailed insults you want but I personally wont reveal what it is... end of convo.

I have no need to get creditability posting messages on forum to strangers but had some info and wanted to get it to a credible source to get out there. Due to my work I cant reveal anymore and that's all I am saying... if I want to keep anonymous than that is my perogative.

Carry on with taking pot shots and ill just report them to the mods.
Closed Thread