Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. III

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. III
Closed Thread

Old 21-09-2010, 20:28   #1546
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin TV (2010) Vol. III

Any news on SSN HD and Fox News H-, I mean, Sky News HD?
Advertisement
Old 21-09-2010, 20:31   #1547
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDFootyMan View Post
Any news on SSN HD and Fox News H-, I mean, Sky News HD?
I was only given info about Sky1 HD tonight.
Got inside news but can't post it - PM me with info
Old 21-09-2010, 20:34   #1548
HDFootyMan
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media 1TB TiVo, 500Gb TiVo, TV XL, 60Mb Broadband, Phone
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze age
HDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze ageHDFootyMan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlayzell View Post
They could start with removing the £7 charge to VM customers for HD premium channels!
Turbo-charged Pigs will fly and travel at light-speed before that happens.

Can't blame Sky really. Its their content so realistically, there was always going to be some sort of additional charge which wasn't going to undercut the HD Premium charge on their own platform.

It would be interesting to see if the number of premium subscribers for Sky content on Cable has actually gone up since the HD option was added.
Old 21-09-2010, 20:51   #1549
VirginMediaPhil
cf.addict

Services: 2x TiVo
VirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud ofVirginMediaPhil has much to be proud of

Sky News HD is the channel I want most, as it's the only HD news channel at the moment and actually is the only channel with news bulletins in HD. But as well as that I want to see how effective HD is in giving more information with regards to the sidepanels as well as the extra space on screen to put more information on. I really like the idea of having, for example, live Twitter commentary on the story being featured by people in the know.
Old 21-09-2010, 21:03   #1550
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars
Media Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny starsMedia Boy UK has a pair of shiny stars

My Virgin Channel tester has told me tonight that Sky1 HD and UTV HD have both appear on they box.
Old 21-09-2010, 21:09   #1551
Big Red
Inactive

Services: VIP50
Big Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful oneBig Red is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by VirginMediaPhil View Post
Sky News HD is the channel I want most, as it's the only HD news channel at the moment and actually is the only channel with news bulletins in HD. But as well as that I want to see how effective HD is in giving more information with regards to the sidepanels as well as the extra space on screen to put more information on. I really like the idea of having, for example, live Twitter commentary on the story being featured by people in the know.
If anyone has the Sky Sports HD channels a have flick between 515 and 517

Quote from Sky - Get closer to the action with up to 5x more picture detail and incredibly vibrant colour.

So 517 your watching Sky Sports News HD - 5 x better picture

---------- Post added at 21:09 ---------- Previous post was at 21:08 ----------

I'm quessing Sky News would be the same.
Old 21-09-2010, 21:13   #1552
Ben B
Inactive

Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array
Ben B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze arrayBen B has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
My Virgin Channel tester has told me tonight that Sky1 HD and UTV HD have both appear on they box.
Good Stuff Any pictures? (Even though it will just be the slate)
Old 21-09-2010, 21:32   #1553
howardmicks
Inactive

Services: VIP.152b/b,2xTivos,Vm mobile+ipad 4th gen,BT Sports.sky2tbHD,sky3d+ extra+Sports+Movies HD(Murdoch's
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal
howardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appealhowardmicks has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
If anyone has the Sky Sports HD channels a have flick between 515 and 517

Quote from Sky - Get closer to the action with up to 5x more picture detail and incredibly vibrant colour.

So 517 your watching Sky Sports News HD - 5 x better picture

---------- Post added at 21:09 ---------- Previous post was at 21:08 ----------

I'm quessing Sky News would be the same.
I have SSN HD and got to say quality is amazing,A lot sharper than upscaled version on VM and same for sky news
Old 21-09-2010, 21:44   #1554
1701-e
EU citizen proud of it!

Services: TV 360 Maxit TV, Gig1 bb & a landline.....
1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one1701-e is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Media Boy View Post
Good news for us at last because utv/itv sd is pretty ****... and thats just most of the programming!
Old 21-09-2010, 21:49   #1555
sakiblateef
Inactive

sakiblateef will become famous soon enoughsakiblateef will become famous soon enoughsakiblateef will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Red View Post
I would contact both Zee and VM - email them asking when this channel will be added to the Asian Collection.

The more requsts/demand then the more likely they will get added.

---------- Post added at 21:26 ---------- Previous post was at 21:25 ----------

beat me to it
I rang ZEE directly today and managed to speak to someone higher up in the company and he revealed that subscriptions were dropping from the sat side due to customers opting to obtain the ZEE channels through VM's £10 Asian collection deal and that they don't make enough money from VM cable side. The 4 channels are currently retailed at £15.99 per month on Sky.

To stop people signing up with VM they launched the new Zee Cafe channel and decided to screen the Cricket on there instead of Zee Cinema as it will attract more customers.

I asked whether there are plans to launch the channel on VM and they said VM will need to approach them and start negotiating a fair price for its channels before it can be carried.

Until VM decide to do a deal with ZEE people who want to view the cricket will have to move to Sky or do without.
Old 21-09-2010, 21:49   #1556
Media Boy UK
Also on X (Twitter)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben B View Post
Good Stuff Any pictures? (Even though it will just be the slate)
No pictures - due to NGTV.

My tester can only pick them up when Virign are testing new channels.
Old 21-09-2010, 22:20   #1557
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by sakiblateef View Post
I rang ZEE directly today and managed to speak to someone higher up in the company and he revealed that subscriptions were dropping from the sat side due to customers opting to obtain the ZEE channels through VM's £10 Asian collection deal and that they don't make enough money from VM cable side. The 4 channels are currently retailed at £15.99 per month on Sky.

To stop people signing up with VM they launched the new Zee Cafe channel and decided to screen the Cricket on there instead of Zee Cinema as it will attract more customers.

I asked whether there are plans to launch the channel on VM and they said VM will need to approach them and start negotiating a fair price for its channels before it can be carried.

Until VM decide to do a deal with ZEE people who want to view the cricket will have to move to Sky or do without.
I'd still contact VM though
Old 21-09-2010, 23:06   #1558
mattboothers
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media V+ & tivo (XL TV) - Freesat+ (Humax Foxsat HDR) - 20mb BB - M Phone
mattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to allmattboothers is a name known to all

When Sky Movies has a free weekend this halloween... Do the people who have subscribed to Sky Sports HD get Sky Movies HD with this?
Old 21-09-2010, 23:09   #1559
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattb00thers View Post
When Sky Movies has a free weekend this halloween... Do the people who have subscribed to Sky Sports HD get Sky Movies HD with this?
No. The Free Weekend is just that - there is will no requirement to have any of the Premium channels.

However I think people will have to have the HD activated on their box
Old 22-09-2010, 00:45   #1560
cupcakes aka dd
cf.geek

Services: Almost the lot
cupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud ofcupcakes aka dd has much to be proud of

Just saw an advert for new V series to be shown on Channel 1. I'm confused. I thought Sky were ditching the channel. Will series 2 be shown on the Sy channel?
Closed Thread