Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | How are new tees left when finished?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media Installation Issues
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Roadworks -> Available to order

Old 08-07-2016, 11:58   #1
mjl123
Inactive

mjl123 is an unknown quantity at this point
Roadworks -> Available to order

It looks like I may be lucky enough to be included in an infill Virgin are doing in my area. They're doing roadworks at the moment putting all the ducting in.

Does anyone know how long it takes from this stage to it being done and ready to install?

Thanks
mjl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 08-07-2016, 13:54   #2
vm_tech
cf.addict

vm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to all
Re: Roadworks -> Available to order

Couldn't tell you, all depends on what needs doing. But you will probably get sales knocking on for you. Which part of the country are you in?
vm_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 16:30   #3
mjl123
Inactive

mjl123 is an unknown quantity at this point

We're in Up Hatherley, Cheltenham. They're installing one new cabinet and laying ducting to include about 15 extra homes.

So far they've got the ducting and Ts off to most of the homes done as well as ducting to where the new cabinet is going. New cabinet is yet to be stood though.
mjl123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 17:26   #4
vm_tech
cf.addict

vm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to allvm_tech is a name known to all

Check your PM
vm_tech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2016, 18:04   #5
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by vm_tech View Post
Check your PM
RAF
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 19:46   #6
Doohdah
Inactive

Doohdah is an unknown quantity at this point

Hopefully it's not too long as we've just had the 'coming soon' letter posted and the roadwork planning site shows they plan to dig the road up starting in 10 days time.
Doohdah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2016, 23:37   #7
newmski
Inactive

newmski is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm new to the forum, but have had an ongoing bad experience with Virgin Media.

Basically, I put in a transfer of service from my old address to the new, on June 20th and it is now August 9th and still nowhere near forward.
I posted near a month ago on the Virgin Media forum, of the issues, only 1 reply from someone on their team. They seem pretty useless over there.
I moved into my new apartment on June 26th, what was supposed to be a simple transfer is a nightmare.
On their site, it shows normally a service can be transferred in 48 hours. Hmmm. Well, I spoke to the wayleave team start of July, they sent out forms for my landlord to fill out and send back as had to seek permission for installation here.
OK, they sent them back, week later, contact wayleave team, no form received back.
Right, 2nd lot of forms sent. Same again, forms posted, landlord rang me to advise they had just posted them again.
4 days later, rang Virgin again, guess what, no form received back.
Next day, landlord rang to advise Virgin sent a 3rd set out.
Right, this time, I got them to email them over to Virgin, as by this time, I must have made about 12 or more calls trying to get this **** sorted out.
They recieved the email and progressed. I was advised then of an install date of the 22nd of July.
OK, during this time of no internet, I've been using GiffGaff as my source to access, and actually today, had email from them regarding overuse and they may bar me from buying the £20 always on addon. That is thanks to Virgin.
Right, the 19th July came, guess what. Email from Virgin to advise that the install was cancelled as a 20 meter cable needs to be layed from up the road, a t-junction installed and a box outside the aparment block and they need to seek permission for this.
F*** sake. So it was onto Virgin to find out exactly what the hell has been happening and is supposed to be happening.
No straight answer, get told the same old s*** 6 to 8 weeks (that was from July 19th) it'll be done by (oh, I was quoted the same time again 6 to 8 weeks when I rang last Friday also, which will take it to mid September now)
More 30 min calls to them, more money spent on GiffGaff, £90 now since June 26. Wonder if Virgin are going to compensate me? It is down to them.
They also send leaflets to the apartment block to advise Virgin Media services now available on the street! Bull. Not for the apartment block.
You see, a few months before I moved in, the road / close had the cables layed but the cable ends outside a house near the apartment block, now why wasn't the block provisioned? Anyway, I rang again last Friday, as all what's been done is 3 weeks ago, someone from Virgin sprayed green arrows on the pavement outside where the cable needs to be layed.
That is all. Nothing. I was put thru to the cancellation side, asked to cancel but they wouldn't let me, kept going on about how good the service will be when installed, etc etc.
They just couldn't understand why I was ringing. So bloody fed up with them, I hung up and rang NOW TV for their broadband service, using a BT line already in the apartment.
Still, no one from Virgin has rang me to advise anything, no updates nothing. Customer of theirs over 2 years. NOW TV can activate the line, and I can have broadband in a week.
That suits me fine. But the service received from Virgin as a whole has been dismal. Well, more that than that, but not using any bad language.
So, that is what my experience is / has been like of Virgin. Frustrating.

Last edited by newmski; 09-08-2016 at 23:46.
newmski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 18:37   #8
weesteev
Cable Guru

Services: Virgin Media Gig1 RFOG, TV360, Stream, GoFibre 1Gb
weesteev has reached the bronze age
weesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze ageweesteev has reached the bronze age

Sorry to hear that newmski, apartment blocks are not wired unless its a new build, especially as part of recent project lightning works. Apartment blocks are very tricky as wayleave can often hold things up, sometimes wayleave is required from multiple sources to proceed. Happy to assist if you want to PM me some details, can get this in the right direction for you.

Access Network Innovation @ Liberty Global/Virgin Media

All comments are my own opinion and not a direct expression of LG/VM.
weesteev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 20:42   #9
sollp
cf.mega poster

Services: Virginmobile,Sky TV, ZEN 76Mb,ZEN Phone line.
sollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful onesollp is the helpful one

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb66 View Post
RAF
OOH The hard sell