Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | LEAKED document suggests systematic fraud by A4E

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Current Affairs
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Twitter 'racist' spared jail

Old 22-03-2012, 12:16   #1
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Twitter 'racist' spared jail

Quote:
A law student who sent a series of racist tweets to former Liverpool and England footballer Stan Collymore was spared jail yesterday
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/893852-t...stan-collymore

Pity that inciting murder and violent law breaking by similar means doesn't seem to be treated quite as seriously by the authorities....
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 22-03-2012, 12:18   #2
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
Re: Twitter 'racist' spared jail

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osem View Post

Pity that inciting murder and violent law breaking by similar means doesn't seem to be treated quite as seriously by the authorities....
Have you informed them?
Old 22-03-2012, 12:37   #3
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
http://www.metro.co.uk/news/893852-t...stan-collymore

I wonder if they would take a different view on inciting rioting, murder, and terrorism?
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-03-2012, 12:43   #4
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf View Post
Have you informed them?
If you're referring to a certain CF poster, have you?

If you're making a wider point, what difference does it make who I have or haven't reported? I don't inhabit dark places like the Twittersphere'...
Old 22-03-2012, 13:02   #5
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Quote:
If you're referring to a certain CF poster, have you?

If you're making a wider point, what difference does it make who I have or haven't reported? I don't inhabit dark places like the Twittersphere'...
No, I haven't. I was just referring to the 'pity' comment. They may well treat it equally seriously, but they do need to be aware of possible transgressions.
Old 22-03-2012, 13:09   #6
Osem
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf View Post
No, I haven't. I was just referring to the 'pity' comment. They may well treat it equally seriously, but they do need to be aware of possible transgressions.
Hence my use of the word 'seem' in the OP.

No doubt we'll see how seriously they take such things in due course.
Old 22-03-2012, 18:19   #7
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Hence my use of the word 'seem' in the OP.

No doubt we'll see how seriously they take such things in due course.
I don't use twitter but isn't there a "report Twit" feature......or even "report Tweet"
Old 23-03-2012, 16:32   #8
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
I don't use twitter but isn't there a "report Twit" feature......or even "report Tweet"
It appears that the only thing you can report tweets for is spam.
Old 23-03-2012, 16:37   #9
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
It appears that the only thing you can report tweets for is spam.
Seems a bit backward
Old 23-03-2012, 16:58   #10
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

You report spam to Twitter, you report illegal content to the police. The reason this guy was caught was before the police became aware not because someone told Twitter.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-03-2012, 17:06   #11
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
You report spam to Twitter, you report illegal content to the police. The reason this guy was caught was before the police became aware not because someone told Twitter.
Yes I understand that. But I do think that twitter should also have a reporting system the same as Facebook do.