Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > General Discussion > Lifestyle
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Moans and Pet Hates - Part 8

Old 31-07-2015, 16:31   #1891
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Re: Moans and Pet Hates part 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh View Post
Lack of joined up care in one of our local hospitals.....

I was admitted late last Friday night, and one of the outcomes was that I was fitted with a catheter and bag (joy...).

When I was discharged on Sunday, they told me an appointment would be made for approx. 10 days after the catheter was fitted, to remove it and scan the area to check if everything was OK. As the appointment was going to come through the post, I left it until Thursday to check up - I found out that no communication had happened between the Surgical Assessment Ward and Urology, but they promised they would contact them and arrange an appointment. I rang up today to follow up on this, and found out nothing had been done, and no appointments could be made because no one was available to do so in the Urology Ward (I even badgered the direct number out of them, which was not too easy).

Now I am being told that an appointment can't be made until Monday (which was when I should have been seen), and it will probably be in two weeks from Monday.

Joy....
Had something similar here so know how you feel. There are times when a whole lot of good work in the NHS is spoiled by what amounts to some very amateurish admin. work. Co-incidentally when I was in at Easter, the quacks kept wanting to fit me with a bloody catheter despite me protesting (rightly) that I didn't need one. I wonder whether it's a default approach with men of a certain age...

We recently spent what seemed like an age looking for a hospital dept. which didn't exist (the details on the appt. letter were wrong) and then trying to organise an operation assessment via a phone number which nobody ever answers. Grrr....
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 31-07-2015, 16:31   #1892
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:

I was admitted late last Friday night, and one of the outcomes was that I was fitted with a catheter and bag (joy...).

When I was discharged on Sunday, they told me an appointment would be made for approx. 10 days after the catheter was fitted, to remove it and scan the area to check if everything was OK. As the appointment was going to come through the post, I left it until Thursday to check up - I found out that no communication had happened between the Surgical Assessment Ward and Urology, but they promised they would contact them and arrange an appointment. I rang up today to follow up on this, and found out nothing had been done, and no appointments could be made because no one was available to do so in the Urology Ward (I even badgered the direct number out of them, which was not too easy).

Now I am being told that an appointment can't be made until Monday (which was when I should have been seen), and it will probably be in two weeks from Monday.

Joy....
Sorry to hear about the lack of cohesive joined up care for you and l just hope things work out much better for you in the future Hugh.
Old 31-07-2015, 16:39   #1893
Osem
Inactive

Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars
Osem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered starsOsem is seeing silvered stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
House got robbed yesterday.

Bizarrely they took key chains and car keys but not the cars. Didn't take much from the house itself either, just small pickings (and my Kindle )
Commiserations. Happened to us some years ago but the burglars were disturbed by my answer machine going off and dropped a lot of stuff in their haste to leave.

Just a bit of advice. It's quite a shock and it may well be some days before you discover everything that's been taken, possibly even longer. We found exactly that and it was a very sobering experience discovering other small items which were missing and wondering what else they'd taken. As for the keys, it goes without saying that if they have the keys, the cars are vulnerable and you need to let your insurers know ASAP if you haven't done so already. It's not unknown for burglars to return a day or two after a burglary so changing locks etc. also a good idea and checking that no ID/finance related documentation has been taken. Honestly you think you'll immediately notice what's been taken but the shock to the system makes that very hard indeed in my experience.
Osem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 16:53   #1894
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Yeah changing locks now. Really bloody annoying.
Damien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 17:02   #1895
Hugh
laeva recumbens anguis
Cable Forum Team

Services: Premiere Collection
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura
Hugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden auraHugh has a golden aura

Quote:

Bizarrely they took key chains and car keys but not the cars. Didn't take much from the house itself either, just small pickings (and my Kindle )
Sorry to hear this, Damien - horrible feeling when you get burgled.
If my post is in bold and this colour, it's a Moderator Request.
Hugh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 17:29   #1896
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Sorry to hear this, Damien - horrible feeling when you get burgled.
Cheers. Hope your next trip to the hospital goes smoothly.
Old 31-07-2015, 18:58   #1897
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Sorry to hear that Damien.
Old 31-07-2015, 19:03   #1898
dilli-theclaw
R.I.P.

Services: BT
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura
dilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden auradilli-theclaw has a golden aura

Quote:

Joy....
I feel for you - I've only had two in and that was twice too often!!!!

You're a stronger person than me if you're coping with it still.
dilli-theclaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 21:15   #1899
MalteseFalcon
cf.mega poster

MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
MalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronzeMalteseFalcon is cast in bronze
Send a message via AIM to MalteseFalcon

I hope they catch the burglars. For people like them, I do believe that Sharia law needs to be brought in here in the UK. Threaten them with a hand or 2 being cut off and they wouldn't be so cowardly again.
MalteseFalcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 21:23   #1900
raging bull
cf.geek

Services: Tivo V6 - L TV/XL Phone /200Mb BB
raging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quadsraging bull has a fine set of Quads

I had mentioned in an earlier post that following heart problems I had a stent fitted to keep open a blocked blood vessel to my heart.
To ensure the blood didn't clot I was put onto a 12month course of a drug which if I scratched myself blood came out like no tomorrow.
Since stopping this drug I have been the centre of attention to doctors wanting to do invasive examinations.
Had the camera down into my stomach, camera up where the sun doesn't shine, now MRI scan next week at 08.00hrs after my defib unit is switched off.
So that just leaves gallstone removal and the one which all males dread - prostate biopsy. (sufficient to say I won't say what/how this is done, but it stings like hell)
raging bull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-07-2015, 21:51   #1901
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkC1984 View Post
I hope they catch the burglars. For people like them, I do believe that Sharia law needs to be brought in here in the UK. Threaten them with a hand or 2 being cut off and they wouldn't be so cowardly again.
They probably won't catch them. Little evidence so unless they catch someone in the act and can trace it back to my property then there is little chance of progress. Sharia law is OTT although it's times like this you can see the appeal.

Actually I am looking how to install CCTV to cover the front/back doors and the street in front. I was thinking how much more help it would have been for the police if we had that.
Old 01-08-2015, 05:11   #1902
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by raging bull View Post
I had mentioned in an earlier post that following heart problems I had a stent fitted to keep open a blocked blood vessel to my heart.
To ensure the blood didn't clot I was put onto a 12month course of a drug which if I scratched myself blood came out like no tomorrow.
Since stopping this drug I have been the centre of attention to doctors wanting to do invasive examinations.
Had the camera down into my stomach, camera up where the sun doesn't shine, now MRI scan next week at 08.00hrs after my defib unit is switched off.
So that just leaves gallstone removal and the one which all males dread - prostate biopsy. (sufficient to say I won't say what/how this is done, but it stings like hell)
Good luck next week RB with your MRI scan and l hope things work out with regards to your health.
Old 01-08-2015, 12:53   #1903
weenie
Believe in yourself ...

Services: tv phone mobile broadband V6 and tivo.
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star
weenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny starweenie has a nice shiny star

That's are good luck RB from me too.
Old 01-08-2015, 14:36   #1904
nashville
nashville

Services: Virgin Media
nashville has a nice shiny star
nashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny starnashville has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hom3r View Post
My mum is still NBM, as there is still a small leak, but on Tuesday she might have to go back into surgery, then ICU.

She still will probably be in hospital in 11 days when my sister goes on a 14 day holiday.

Then still in when she comes back

My sister hasn't told our dad that she might might have to back to surgery until it happens as our dad will think the worst.

I just need this crap to end, I don't care I'm spending £25 a week on the tube, and food on top of that. I'm even helping my sister pay for her tube fares.

Even if it cost £50 a time I would still do it.
Hope all goes well with your Mum, it is a terrible worry for you all, I pray there will be light at the end of the tunnel for you all, Nash

---------- Post added at 14:36 ---------- Previous post was at 14:34 ----------

Take Care RB ,Hope all goes well for you
nashville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 15:18   #1905
Hom3r
Mum 15/08/46 - 30/09/20

Location: Galactic Sector ZZ9 Plural Z Alpha, www.daves-world.co.uk. A secret Moonbase (shh don't tell anybody)
Services: 1 V6, 2x1TB TiVo, SH3. Samsung Galaxy Note 10+ 5G, Ton's of Smart Home stuff, & Cuddy Toy
Hom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny starsHom3r has a pair of shiny stars
Hom3r has a pair of shiny stars

The blooming cycling on BBC

Why the hell are they saying distance in kilometres?

In the UK we use MILES, so why not say Miles???!!!!