Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

Old 11-03-2012, 10:05   #766
paulsouth

Services: sky+hd 1TB freeview virgin bb 30mbps
Re: SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

[QUOTE=kop32;35396942]
Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsouth View Post
true..u r right..

---------- Post added at 11:26 ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 ----------

the thing with filmflex,it breaks down alot..
i orded a film this morning called SKET.wat a rubbish british film.
i was watching it,half way through it-it broke down! a code came up,i rang up virgin media,they gonna emberse it next month bill.
i am glad it broke down--rubbish london gangster film..

---------- Post added at 11:28 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

So you thought you would quote it twice...
lol.
Advertisement
Old 11-03-2012, 13:27   #767
Teppic
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (Entertainment Extra); VM Broadband XL; VM Phone M
Teppic is on a distinguished roadTeppic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by joff81 View Post
I know what sky are trying to do but I'm in an unfortunate situation where I can't subscribe to sky as my landlord won't allow it and I can't justify £30 per month just for F1. I'm really really not interested in football, golf, cricket and the rest of the rubbish that's on sky sports. The only thing I'm intersted in is motorsports.

If sky want to sweeten their customers then good for them but due to the fact the F1 contract was ordered to sky on a silver platter by the BBC then it would be a good idea to offer it as a standalone to maximise the customer that don't have sky and don't want a full SS subcription but sky are too greedy to think of that !!!!
Having a satellite dish 'is a human right,' says European court
Teppic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 13:43   #768
paulsouth

Services: sky+hd 1TB freeview virgin bb 30mbps

i want to pick up usa satellite tv here in the uk
Old 11-03-2012, 14:27   #769
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Mr Fry, you have suggested that VM get tough with Sky, if they did that Sky would make it very difficult for VM and there customers would lose out.

Compare Sky as being a Aircraft carrier, and VM is a frigate, VM don't have the firepower or the bottle to take Sky on, the customer would lose out on all fronts with the battle.

As said before we had terrible trouble with the Basic package, and look how long that took to resolve. VM have the power to go it alone and run there own packages, but they won't.

There must be loads of Tv channels out there that would welcome VM with open arms, but there seems to be this 'love' between the too with Sky coming out on top.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 14:33   #770
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

I can't help thinking that more and more people see cable as just another way to access Sky services as opposed to a competitor.
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2012, 14:49   #771
Arthurgray50@blu
cf.mega poster

Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal
Arthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appealArthurgray50@blu has a bronzed appeal

Vm and Sky are competitors, also are BT Vision etc, but isin't it strange where the other companies can offer channels cheaper to the customers where VM doesn't.
Arthurgray50@blu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 12:00   #772
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Vm and Sky are competitors, also are BT Vision etc, but isin't it strange where the other companies can offer channels cheaper to the customers where VM doesn't.
Don't forget Sky charge VM for many channels, at a profit.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 13:00   #773
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arthurgray50@blu View Post
Mr Fry, you have suggested that VM get tough with Sky, if they did that Sky would make it very difficult for VM and there customers would lose out.

Compare Sky as being a Aircraft carrier, and VM is a frigate, VM don't have the firepower or the bottle to take Sky on, the customer would lose out on all fronts with the battle.

As said before we had terrible trouble with the Basic package, and look how long that took to resolve. VM have the power to go it alone and run there own packages, but they won't.

There must be loads of Tv channels out there that would welcome VM with open arms, but there seems to be this 'love' between the too with Sky coming out on top.
Well then we better get a Aircraft Carrier then!

Seriously though, VM should demand those missing channels should be at least available as standalone premium channels
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-03-2012, 12:03   #774
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

The Red button is now on Sky Sports F1 on TiVo in readiness for tomorrows F1 practice.
Old 15-03-2012, 12:31   #775
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
The Red button is now on Sky Sports F1 on TiVo in readiness for tomorrows F1 practice.
Great News
Old 16-03-2012, 06:42   #776
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Just tried the red button on Sky Sports F1 and it works. Get quite abit on it as well. Official timings, on board camera and a menu with news drivers, teams etc
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2012, 08:49   #777
dav
Inactive

dav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of light

I was amazed at the number of live streams of SSF1 this morning. Some were of quite acceptable quality.
I'm currently using them to evaluate the standard of the Sky programming compared to the BBC output to help me decide if it would be a contributing factor in upgrading my service. As yet I'm undecided as the race day coverage is the most important. I'll compare a live SSF1 stream with the BBC highlights package on Sunday and take it from there.
dav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2012, 11:05   #778
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav View Post
I was amazed at the number of live streams of SSF1 this morning. Some were of quite acceptable quality.
I'm currently using them to evaluate the standard of the Sky programming compared to the BBC output to help me decide if it would be a contributing factor in upgrading my service. As yet I'm undecided as the race day coverage is the most important. I'll compare a live SSF1 stream with the BBC highlights package on Sunday and take it from there.
Shame it not in HD for VM customers
Old 16-03-2012, 11:13   #779
dav
Inactive

dav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of lightdav is a glorious beacon of light

Shame it's not on VM for the vast majority of VM customers in any form.
dav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-03-2012, 11:40   #780
toady
cf.geek

Services: A mix of XXL and XL
toady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud oftoady has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dav View Post
I'd like to stick with the BBC but is so hard avoiding the results before the highlights show is on that I'm going to stick with the Sky F1 channel. Being on VIP50 its a no brainer for me. The SD feed is pretty good so not really missing the HD version.
toady is offline   Reply With Quote