Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

Old 01-03-2012, 10:48   #706
Doug P
Inactive

Services: Virgin Cable TV (Tivo) and Freeview
Doug P has reached the bronze age
Doug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze ageDoug P has reached the bronze age
Re: SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger skillin View Post
Sky are a bunch of bleeeeeeps, i don't wasn't to have to buy 4 other stupid sports channels just so i can see the one sport i actually watch, £22.95 extra a month just to see 1 possibly 2 races per month, what a rip.
They are not stupid to those who want them. To me motor racing is utterly ludicrous but I am sorry for those who now have to pay to see some of the races. Years ago you could get SS3 alone but those days are long gone.

---------- Post added at 10:48 ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well thats Sky's doing and not Virgin's Alan.
Yes indeed and in a way I guess Sky didn't even have to give VM the SD version.
Doug P is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 01-03-2012, 12:34   #707
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doug P View Post
They are not stupid to those who want them. To me motor racing is utterly ludicrous but I am sorry for those who now have to pay to see some of the races. Years ago you could get SS3 alone but those days are long gone.

---------- Post added at 10:48 ---------- Previous post was at 10:46 ----------

Yes indeed and in a way I guess Sky didn't even have to give VM the SD version.
Yes so we should be grateful for small mercies.
Old 01-03-2012, 20:12   #708
donkbong
Inactive

Services: Virgin Media - 10MB Broadband Virgin Media - Phone Line Virgin Media -Talk Unlimited Sky+HD 1B
donkbong will become famous soon enoughdonkbong will become famous soon enoughdonkbong will become famous soon enough

Hello Everyone I wanted to update u guys on my sky HD + Epg has Sky F1 now, mind you the Standard Definition decent quality, and sky sports HD not soo great to be honest.
donkbong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 13:35   #709
Woking User
Inactive

Services: VM: BB - L 10MB TV - XL Phone M Sky Sports HD
Woking User is an unknown quantity at this point

There are 6 Sky Sports channels (SSN, 1-4, plus now F1). I pay a hefty monthly fee for the Sky Sports collection and the extra HD fee (don't have Sky Movies) but only get 2 out of the 6 in HD.

Absolutely appalling and how is this HD surplus charge justified??
Woking User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 13:55   #710
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woking User View Post
There are 6 Sky Sports channels (SSN, 1-4, plus now F1). I pay a hefty monthly fee for the Sky Sports collection and the extra HD fee (don't have Sky Movies) but only get 2 out of the 6 in HD.

It's all Sky would allow VM - it was that or nothing, at least you have a choice I guess. It's better value with Sky Movies collection too.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 14:39   #711
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars

This is what stops me switching back to VM , I require a PVR and my Sky premium channels in HD so I would now have to pay £5.00 TIVO fee plus £7.00 Sky Premium totalling £12.00 as opposed to the £10.25 HD charge with Sky what gets me Sky Sports 3/4/F1/News HD plus a superior range of HD channels included in the entertainment plus pack , that said VM is a decent option if you don't require Sky premiums.
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 15:08   #712
paulsouth

Services: sky+hd 1TB freeview virgin bb 30mbps

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
This is what stops me switching back to VM , I require a PVR and my Sky premium channels in HD so I would now have to pay £5.00 TIVO fee plus £7.00 Sky Premium totalling £12.00 as opposed to the £10.25 HD charge with Sky what gets me Sky Sports 3/4/F1/News HD plus a superior range of HD channels included in the entertainment plus pack , that said VM is a decent option if you don't require Sky premiums.
the thing i dont like about virgin media wen u order sky sports hd channels u dont get sky sports 3 or 4 and sports news hd channels either.. wat a con..

---------- Post added at 15:07 ---------- Previous post was at 15:05 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsouth View Post
the thing i dont like about virgin media wen u order sky sports hd channels u dont get sky sports 3 or 4 and sports news hd channels either.. wat a con..
i think virgin media should focus on sports and movies than any thing else..
thats where the money is..and the adult stuff too..lol

---------- Post added at 15:08 ---------- Previous post was at 15:07 ----------

Quote:

---------- Post added at 15:07 ---------- Previous post was at 15:05 ----------

and also mgm hd channel to..
Old 04-03-2012, 16:07   #713
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:

Virgin Media don't make any profit on the Sky Sports/Movies, they have to sell at cost to stay competitive with Sky. Movies On Demand is where they make money.
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:35   #714
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woking User View Post

Its all this guys fault
Attached Images
File Type: jpg James-Rupert-Murdoch415.jpg (119.8 KB, 2 views)
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 11:36   #715
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

I feel Virgin should start getting tough on Sky!
Old 05-03-2012, 11:48   #716
denphone
Still alive and fighting

denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
And how and what would you suggest?.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:03   #717
braysoj1
cf.geek

Services: virgin media xl , freeview, sky
braysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to allbraysoj1 is a name known to all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
do you remember what happened last time vm got tough with sky

we lost all the sky channels
braysoj1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 12:06   #718
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by braysoj1 View Post

Yes Alan has all the great thoughts but less of the answers to them.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:10   #719
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Quote:

Yes and Ofcom forced both sides to agree!
Old 05-03-2012, 12:10   #720
Vicki
Permanently Banned

Vicki can only hope to improve

Quote:

You did but sky re- ran a lot of shows for benefit of it customers who subscribe via the VM platform . I think Virgin should let Sky resell its broadband an sky let VM have all channels.

In my area Sky can currently only sell its llu via ADSL because virginmedia with hold access to it broadband network. Purely down to greed.
Vicki is offline   Reply With Quote