Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

Old 27-02-2012, 12:14   #691
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart
Re: SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Well l for one expected it as this has been the trend for many years with sports bodys selling out to the highest bidder which is all fine and dandy but remember the golden goose does not lay forever and sooner rather then later the egg will crack and there will be quite a mess to clear up as a result of it.
Still waiting for that to happen for the Premier League!
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 27-02-2012, 18:33   #692
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Services: VIP
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array
andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
Still waiting for that to happen for the Premier League!
You're kidding?
andy_m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 18:47   #693
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy_m View Post
You're kidding?
I cannot see even the EPL bucking the trend of lower TV rights the next time they come up.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 19:47   #694
andy_m
cf.mega poster

andy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze arrayandy_m has a bronze array

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
I cannot see even the EPL bucking the trend of lower TV rights the next time they come up.
No, but the point made by Den was that this leads to a big mess needing clearing up. Alan seemed to suggest there was no mess as a result of the Epl TV rights, but actually, the game is in a huge financial mess. However, this is probably off topic, and I do have a sky f1 related question, which is, if you are a sky customer you get the f1 hd channel by having the hd pack, even if you don't subscribe to the sports package, as I understand it. If you don't have the hd or the sports packages, will you still get the f1 sd channel as part of the basic sky pack (entertainment?)
Old 27-02-2012, 22:07   #695
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
No, but the point made by Den was that this leads to a big mess needing clearing up. Alan seemed to suggest there was no mess as a result of the Epl TV rights, but actually, the game is in a huge financial mess. However, this is probably off topic, and I do have a sky f1 related question, which is, if you are a sky customer you get the f1 hd channel by having the hd pack, even if you don't subscribe to the sports package, as I understand it. If you don't have the hd or the sports packages, will you still get the f1 sd channel as part of the basic sky pack (entertainment?)
The Tv rights for the EPL have caused major problems for football in general. I have no idea about F1 in sd on Sky.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-2012, 22:20   #696
Teppic
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (Entertainment Extra); VM Broadband XL; VM Phone M
Teppic is on a distinguished roadTeppic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
If you don't have the hd or the sports packages, will you still get the f1 sd channel as part of the basic sky pack (entertainment?)
No.

You will only get the F1 channel if you have Sky Sports OR the HD pack. If you take/already have Sky Sports without the HD pack then you will get F1 in SD.

The F1 channel is not part of the basic Entertainment pack, or Entertainment Extra. You must add either the HD pack or Sky Sports to get F1.
Teppic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 06:35   #697
andy_m
cf.mega poster

Lovely, cheers.
Old 28-02-2012, 10:05   #698
roger skillin
Inactive

Services: V+ XL,Broadband XXL, Phone with talk unlimited and extra TIVO box
roger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quadsroger skillin has a fine set of Quads

Sky are a bunch of bleeeeeeps, i don't wasn't to have to buy 4 other stupid sports channels just so i can see the one sport i actually watch, £22.95 extra a month just to see 1 possibly 2 races per month, what a rip.
roger skillin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 16:07   #699
greenfox
Inactive

greenfox is an unknown quantity at this point

I have Sky Sports F1 on channel 516. I don't subscribe to any HD or Sky Sports pack, I only have the XL TV Pack.

Could not believe my eyes when I was reviewing my favourite channel list and there it was with a tick next to it!!!!

I'm bloody ecstatic!!!
greenfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 16:19   #700
Digital Fanatic
Inactive

Services: VM XL TV with VM TiVo 1TB x 2 > VM XL BB > VM XL Telephone
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star
Digital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny starDigital Fanatic has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfox View Post
I have Sky Sports F1 on channel 516. I don't subscribe to any HD or Sky Sports pack, I only have the XL TV Pack.

Could not believe my eyes when I was reviewing my favourite channel list and there it was with a tick next to it!!!!

I'm bloody ecstatic!!!
It hasn't launched yet, everyone gets the "coming soon" screen
Digital Fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 19:39   #701
MaverickJesus
cf.addict

MaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud ofMaverickJesus has much to be proud of

It 100% won't be there once it gets launched, so don't get too excited.
MaverickJesus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 20:27   #702
Teppic
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (Entertainment Extra); VM Broadband XL; VM Phone M
Teppic is on a distinguished roadTeppic is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenfox View Post

I'm bloody ecstatic!!!
You won't be ecstatic for long. If you don't subscribe to Sky Sports then the channel WILL disappear. Currently it is used as a placeholder available on all TV packages instructing people on what they need to do in order to get it.
Teppic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-02-2012, 22:39   #703
Skie
a giant headend

Skie has reached the bronze age
Skie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze ageSkie has reached the bronze age

It even says on the channel itself that you need to be a subscriber to the Sky sports overpriced pack to receive F1.
Skie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 08:51   #704
Alan Fry
Permanently Banned

Services: 100 MB Broadband, XL Tv, Sky Sports and Movies HD, all other prenium channels, 3 TIVO, 2 V HD
Alan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecartAlan Fry has upset the applecart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skie View Post
It even says on the channel itself that you need to be a subscriber to the Sky sports overpriced pack to receive F1.
And you don't even get the HD version!
Alan Fry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2012, 09:44   #705
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan Fry View Post
And you don't even get the HD version!
Well thats Sky's doing and not Virgin's Alan.