Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Virgin Media Services > Virgin Media TV Service
Register FAQ Community Calendar

SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

Old 07-03-2012, 15:52   #736
Gavin-D
cf.mega poster

Gavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these partsGavin-D is just so famous around these parts
Re: SKY F1 HD Channel, Any Chance?

Sky have this announced that Alistair Griffin's 'Just Drive' has been chosen as the title music for Sky Sports F1 HD and will feature on the brand new channel's opening titles.

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/...-Sky-Sports-F1
Gavin-D is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2012, 16:55   #737
jagsman
cf.addict

jagsman is a glorious beacon of lightjagsman is a glorious beacon of lightjagsman is a glorious beacon of lightjagsman is a glorious beacon of lightjagsman is a glorious beacon of lightjagsman is a glorious beacon of lightjagsman is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via AIM to jagsman Send a message via Yahoo to jagsman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gavin-D View Post
Sky have this announced that Alistair Griffin's 'Just Drive' has been chosen as the title music for Sky Sports F1 HD and will feature on the brand new channel's opening titles.

http://www1.skysports.com/formula-1/...-Sky-Sports-F1
The Chain, it definately aint.
jagsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 18:19   #738
alwaysabear
RIp Sweetness

Services: TiVo Full house sports bundle,Vivid 200, SHUB 3, talk more anytime.
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal
alwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appealalwaysabear has a bronzed appeal

The "Chain" cannot be replaced I remember it was tried before and failed spectacularly. Unfortunately Sky's choice of music does not fit F1 IMO.
alwaysabear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2012, 18:24   #739
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by alwaysabear View Post
The "Chain" cannot be replaced I remember it was tried before and failed spectacularly. Unfortunately Sky's choice of music does not fit F1 IMO.
Yes l have to second that opinion as well.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:56   #740
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Any one got issues with the Sky Sports F1 logo being off the screen slightly? The top of the logo on my Tivo is off the screen. Its fine on V+ all other Sky Sports channels are fine thou. Also are we defo going to get red button on Sky Sports F1 and if so when will the first bit of content be on it as when press button on Sky Sports HD 1 etc it doesnt show the Sky Sports F1 logo?
nstokes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 11:28   #741
paulsouth

Services: sky+hd 1TB freeview virgin bb 30mbps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital Fanatic View Post
Virgin Media don't make any profit on the Sky Sports/Movies, they have to sell at cost to stay competitive with Sky. Movies On Demand is where they make money.
true..u r right..

---------- Post added at 11:26 ---------- Previous post was at 11:21 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsouth View Post
true..u r right..
the thing with filmflex,it breaks down alot..
i orded a film this morning called SKET.wat a rubbish british film.
i was watching it,half way through it-it broke down! a code came up,i rang up virgin media,they gonna emberse it next month bill.
i am glad it broke down--rubbish london gangster film..

---------- Post added at 11:28 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

[QUOTE=paulsouth;35396923]true..u r right..

i was watching it,half way through it-it broke down! a code came up,i rang up virgin media,they gonna emberse it next month bill.
i am glad it broke down--rubbish london gangster film.

woops! lol
i just catched on wat u said SKY MOVIES-ON DEMAND!
NOT FILM FLEX..LOL
Old 10-03-2012, 11:47   #742
kop32
cf.addict

Services: Sky Q Silver, 2 x mini boxes,VM 150mb broadband and VM phone with anytime calls.
kop32 has reached the bronze age
kop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze agekop32 has reached the bronze age

[QUOTE=paulsouth;35396923]true..u r right..

i am glad it broke down--rubbish london gangster film..

---------- Post added at 11:28 ---------- Previous post was at 11:26 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulsouth View Post
true..u r right..

i am glad it broke down--rubbish london gangster film.

woops! lol
i just catched on wat u said SKY MOVIES-ON DEMAND!
NOT FILM FLEX..LOL
So you thought you would quote it twice...
kop32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 16:11   #743
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
Originally Posted by nstokes View Post
Any one got issues with the Sky Sports F1 logo being off the screen slightly? The top of the logo on my Tivo is off the screen. Its fine on V+ all other Sky Sports channels are fine thou. Also are we defo going to get red button on Sky Sports F1 and if so when will the first bit of content be on it as when press button on Sky Sports HD 1 etc it doesnt show the Sky Sports F1 logo?
THat sounds like your screen size settings are wrong for your TV.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 16:15   #744
nstokes
Inactive

Services: Sky+HD (2TB) with Sky World, BT Sport and ESPN, Sky 3D, Sky+HD Multiroom, Sky Talk Freetime, Sky Fib
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze
nstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronzenstokes is cast in bronze

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Deegan View Post
THat sounds like your screen size settings are wrong for your TV.
But its fine with every other channel on the box and fine with every other Sky Sports channel
Old 10-03-2012, 16:26   #745
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age

Quote:
But its fine with every other channel on the box and fine with every other Sky Sports channel
Maybe they need to tweak their settings at Sky.
Old 10-03-2012, 16:29   #746
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Maybe they need to tweak their settings at Sky.
Maybe. It seems very odd that is just that one channel
Old 10-03-2012, 17:13   #747
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Quote:
Maybe. It seems very odd that is just that one channel
It's the fact that it is just one channel that makes me think that it does just need a few tweaks. After all it is a brand new channel.
Old 10-03-2012, 17:19   #748
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
It's the fact that it is just one channel that makes me think that it does just need a few tweaks. After all it is a brand new channel.
I agree and thats why i want to know if anyone else has the same issue
Old 10-03-2012, 18:27   #749
spiderplant
cf.mega poster

spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars
spiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny starsspiderplant has a pair of shiny stars

The logo is very close to the top of the frame - closer than on any other Sky channel. But I agree that your TV is cutting off the top few lines. See if it has an overscan setting you can adjust.

Here's a comparison with Sky Sports 1.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg f1.jpg (59.9 KB, 33 views)
File Type: jpg ss1.jpg (56.6 KB, 31 views)
spiderplant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 18:32   #750
nstokes
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiderplant View Post
The logo is very close to the top of the frame - closer than on any other Sky channel. But I agree that your TV is cutting off the top few lines. See if it has an overscan setting you can adjust.

Here's a comparison with Sky Sports 1.
Thanks. I still dont think its my TV as every other channel on Tivo box is fne