Home News Forum Articles
  Welcome back Join CF
You are here You are here: Home | Forum | Season 2011/12

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most of the discussions, articles and other free features. By joining our Virgin Media community you will have full access to all discussions, be able to view and post threads, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own images/photos, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please join our community today.

Welcome to Cable Forum
Go Back   Cable Forum > Entertainment > Sport
Register FAQ Community Calendar

Season 2011/12
Closed Thread

Old 20-05-2012, 09:52   #5986
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
Re: Football Season 2011/12

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
but then you have to consider Bayerns chances, Barcas. they failed to score. thats anti football, passing the ball to death and as a Arsenal fan I know how that feels.

Chelsea got lucky but when push come to shove up the other end they scored, they responded. I feel weird sticking up for them but its fact. Bayern failed, Barca failed, Napoli failed.... Chelsea stood up tall against attack after attack and got rewarded. again its not their problem that the teams facing them failed to score many goals.

They faced us inbetween the Barca fixtures. We should have won by many goals but failed to score. it ended in a draw.[COLOR="Silver"]
But the thing is: they actually looked threatening when going forward, yet they they only seemed willing to play 10 minutes in each half. I can understand being defensive against Barca, as you know they'll kill you when you give them space, but Munich isn't Barca. Chelsea could have won taking the game to Munich, but decided to ride their luck and opted for penalties instead. That's anti-football.
Old 20-05-2012, 11:02   #5987
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

To call it 'anti football' is rubbish IMHO. Every side has a full complement of defenders who's sole or main purpose is to prevent the opposition from scoring. No team or player has a god given right to score goals. As an ex defender myself I get as much pleasure from a superbly executed tackle or block as I do from a well crafted goal.
Old 20-05-2012, 11:07   #5988
danielf
cf.mega poser

danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura
danielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden auradanielf has a golden aura

Don't get me wrong. I appreciate they defended well, but I think they could/should have attacked more. Anti-football is probably a bit OTT, but the reality is that it isn't very pleasing on the eye.
Old 20-05-2012, 11:13   #5989
denphone
Still alive and fighting

Services: XL BB, 3 360 boxes , XL TV.
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura
denphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden auradenphone has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf View Post
Don't get me wrong. I appreciate they defended well, but I think they could/should have attacked more. Anti-football is probably a bit OTT, but the reality is that it isn't very pleasing on the eye.
Maybe its not pleasing on the eye dan but if we win the trophy at the end of the day no-ones going to ever remember the losers.
Old 20-05-2012, 11:36   #5990
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Maybe its not pleasing on the eye dan but if we win the trophy at the end of the day no-ones going to ever remember the losers.
A big part of football is entertainment and enjoying yourself. I would rather be in the Champions League then win a domestic cup for example, the nights against Barcelona and even the home leg against AC Milan were more enjoyable that winning the FA Cup in 2005. People tend to remember experiences of which winning a final is but one.

Obviously I want Arsenal to win the Champions League more than anything and Chelsea won't care about anything prior to the final last night. They won and always will remember it. The rest of us don't have that joy so are left to comment on the quality of the final - which wasn't good tbh.
Old 20-05-2012, 11:36   #5991
iadom
Oh Lanky Lanky.

Services: 2 TV 360 boxes. 500mb BB, Phone line.
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star
iadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny stariadom has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by danielf View Post
the reality is that it isn't very pleasing on the eye.
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder.
Old 20-05-2012, 12:52   #5992
yesman

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenry View Post
has Steve Kean left Blackburn?

did big sam get asked about keans comments caught on camera?
Iv'e only just spotted this....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...thed-rant.html

and this....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...Blackburn.html

Unless I have missed it in this thread somewhere

Old 20-05-2012, 13:02   #5993
gazzae
Inactive

gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze
gazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronzegazzae is cast in bronze

Old 20-05-2012, 15:11   #5994
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesman View Post
Iv'e only just spotted this....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...thed-rant.html

and this....

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...Blackburn.html

Unless I have missed it in this thread somewhere
thanks man

---------- Post added at 15:11 ---------- Previous post was at 13:27 ----------

For those you that haven't yet heard. Because Chelsea won the CL and knocked Tottenham out. Anderlecht will now go into the play offs instead of Tottenham who go into the Europa League.

City, Utd, Arsenal and Chelsea will go straight into the groups next season.
Old 20-05-2012, 15:43   #5995
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling
Damien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver blingDamien has a lot of silver bling

According to France Football Eden Hazard will announce where he intends to go after the game tonight. Doesn't sound right to me, he would need to have already signed a contract to be sure. Rumours were rife that he was in advanced talks with Chelsea on Friday.

Bit of a drama queen really.
Old 20-05-2012, 15:45   #5996
thenry
Inactive

thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star
thenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny starthenry has a nice shiny star

I think he'll want to whore himself about a bit more before he settles for a new club.

M'Vila will announce his future tonight which looks to be Arsenal.
Old 20-05-2012, 15:46   #5997
Shadow Demon UK
Inactive

Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal
Shadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appealShadow Demon UK has a bronzed appeal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
According to France Football Eden Hazard will announce where he intends to go after the game tonight. Doesn't sound right to me, he would need to have already signed a contract to be sure. Rumours were rife that he was in advanced talks with Chelsea on Friday.

Yeah, he seems a bit of a media whore. I wont be too disappointed if we don't sign him.
Old 20-05-2012, 15:55   #5998
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow Demon UK View Post
Yeah, he seems a bit of a media whore. I wont be too disappointed if we don't sign him.
That's what I have been telling myself too. Not that Arsenal was ever a likely destination this year.

He is really milking it however. He did a promotional video for a French Television station where he was reading, to himself, teams off a set of cards (the viewer would not know which team he was talking about) and wondering if he would want to go there.

After that he said he would go to England. Then he said he likes blue, but also red. Then he is going to Manchester, but which part of Manchester? Now he will 'reveal his future at the end of the game'? I am guessing it will be another 'clue' as well.
Old 20-05-2012, 17:29   #5999
Russ
cf.mega poster

Russ has a golden aura
Russ has a golden auraRuss has a golden auraRuss has a golden aura

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
On that alone he would likely go to City. Can't see SAF putting up with that attitude from an unproven.

Vote #AnyoneButTory
Old 20-05-2012, 17:56   #6000
Damien
Remoaner
Cable Forum Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
On that alone he would likely go to City. Can't see SAF putting up with that attitude from an unproven.
I can imagine him pulling out if he felt he was being messed around. That is what is rumoured to have happened with Nasri. Still if he felt he can handle it and United can afford it then they might need him and in a position where he can't turn the deal down. He has handled personalities like that many times before.
Closed Thread